Skip to main content
Topic: You've been ROBBO'd (Read 48639 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: You've been ROBBO'd

Reply #60
I'm happy with his performance I just don't think he should be captain. How inspiring is it for young lads seeing their captain get bashed around every week?

Don't know.

I reckon they'd just prefer we were not crap.

Murphy will be targeted every week regardless because he is , whether you like it or not, a leader and one of our best.

Who's going to be skipper ? Simpson? He's just about cooked.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #61
Thank God MM got rid of that spud Robinson, imagine how bad we would be if he was still around!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
Thank God MM got rid of that spud Robinson, imagine how bad we would be if he was still around!

I know huh? Would have lost by more with him in the side last night! Oh wait.....
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63

Robbo always beat up on opposition who liked to play 'bruise free footy'.

Just so happens that we are the ones playing bruise free footy nowadays.

Reply #64
Robbo was like Betts in that they both feasted on the crap sides.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #65

Don't remind me. MM didn't like Robbo so he was on a hiding to nothing and as soon as an excuse came along... well, the rest is history. There are those of us on this forum who, despite sometimes wayward disposal, valued and rated Robbos attack on the aggot and man, it was just great and lifted team mates from time to time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
Don't remind me. MM didn't like Robbo so he was on a hiding to nothing and as soon as an excuse came along... well, the rest is history. There are those of us on this forum who, despite sometimes wayward disposal, valued and rated Robbos attack on the aggot and man, it was just great and lifted team mates from time to time.

Was in our best players in every final he played for us. The players that like the hard stuff tend to step up in the finals. Brad Sewell was the same.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Was in our best players in every final he played for us. The players that like the hard stuff tend to step up in the finals. Brad Sewell was the same.

One of the things I really loved about Robbo, when the going got tough he'd get more desperate - just about the opposite of some of our present crop. Yes, the hypocrisy of MM re Robbo is breath-taking... he likes blokes who stand up under pressure and he made excuses for 'bad boys' at Rottingwood and then managed them into good contributors. How long is Robbo's contract at BrisVegas? ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #69
Robbo was sacked for lying to the club and the people who did the sacking were higher up than Mick.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70
Bang on the money, not perfect but a footballer , he was part of a team, not all are the pretty outside runners , you need someone to stand up for your mates, as we have seen lately they are few and far between in our current line up. Remember the days when The Duke was around, players stood a bit taller. Seems we are more about image at times , and forget it's still football.

Reply #72
Has any player left Carlton AND won a flag in the last 10 years? I can't think of any. As much as we hate that we lost Robbo, Garlett, Betts, Sauce, Grigg, etc., none of them have won, or are likely to snag a flag. All of them go missing against the best teams like the Hawks, Swans and Freo.
I've left off Kennedy because he was traded for Judd and really didn't want to leave. I actually hope he grabs a premiership before he finishes.

Reply #73
Premiership sides never rated our players. That is why they have gone to the clubs they are at. Geelong might be the first hope of a flag with Henderson in their side. If the Eagles don't get one with Kennedy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #74
It's no good complaining about a list without depth when we dump anyone who is half-capable of scoring 165 ranking points in the single game because we don't like them!

Carlton is not living in the real world.

Nasty people win flags! Hodge, Lewis, Franklin, Johnson, Kelly, Enright, Hunt, etc., etc, are outright mongrels that their clubs managed to success!

Carlton is way too focussed at having a nice bunch of blokes at the next team barbecue. Some dud in our Admin thinks if we have a happy team anything is possible, but in reality it's the blokes who walk the line that get you across it!
The Force Awakens!