Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues Best 22 (Read 3368 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues Best 22

Just looking at the Carlton list and taking the AFL sites view of Carlton's best 22 as at round 1 (Jaksch being left out due to his current injury) the leftovers and rookies would allow for the following team for the Northern Blues (assuming 100% availability which is of course unlikely)

ARMFIELD          WHITE     JAKSCH
DICK                 GILES      SHEEHAN
VIOJO-RAINBOW  WHILEY   BOEKHORST
GRAHAM            WATSON  TUTT
WOOD               FOSTER   SMITH
WARNOCK          HOLMAN   ELLARD

INT FROM BYRNE JOHNSON GOWERS
WALSH FIELDS RUSSELL

Doesn't look a bad team, but then they rarely do when you presume a full list.

Of course numerous of these players could push into the Carlton side, but replaced by those they push out so can be considered much of a muchness in terms of quality.

Then there are the Northern listed players.  Whilst Northern have had a few confirmed departures only Jack Anthony would be what I consider a regular first team player (which might well be the only thing about him that could be described as "regular").  They have on the other hand picked up from "the Recruit" Tyrone Armitage and his teammate Lachie Kilpatrick coming down from Manly-Warringah Giants (the NSW premiers), Kieran McGuiness from the SANFL (Norwood) and Glenn Strachan from Collingwood VFL and these players together with numerous of the returning Northern boys (Wilson, Wilkinson, Bransgrove, Cattapan ...) will be looking to play plenty of senior VFL I am sure. 

Re: Northern Blues Best 22

Reply #1
I reckon the NB's will be very competitive this year.

Last year and the year before thee was a heap of guys who had accepted their careers were either terminal or lay elsewhere.

Also a lot better kicks and a lot better movers added. These guys really make a diff at the second tier.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2

Last year and the year before thee was a heap of guys who had accepted their careers were either terminal or lay elsewhere.

Also a lot better kicks and a lot better movers added. These guys really make a diff at the second tier.

If they can't shake it up with that list, then they never really will. Some of those guys will see a few games in the Blues firsts no doubt.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3

If they can't shake it up with that list, then they never really will. Some of those guys will see a few games in the Blues firsts no doubt.

Well Webster certainly won't have any excuses.
Reality always wins in the end.