Skip to main content
Topic: Up where he belongs (Read 6595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Up where he belongs

Reply #1
Brings back memories of Rex Hunt saying 'he as higher than Joe Cocker'! Taking that into consideration, 70 is not a bad knock at all. RIP Joe.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Amazing voice. Rip Joe.

Reply #3
70 is pretty young these days....

probably lived a hard life..

Reply #5
RIP Joe, the lad from Sheffield.

He certainly lived the full sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle in his hey day.

Was a big fan.

Ps. I heard he had to cut down a bit on the rock 'n roll in later years.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Somehow, I think that between 70-80 is a good innings.  If you go longer you start to have such a reduced impact on life the universe and everything and seem to be doggged by illness unless you are one of the fortunate ones.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
You are so beautiful, rest Joe.

Reply #8
No doubt there's a minion somewhere in AFL House who is scratching his name off the AFL's list of septuagenarian rockers who are in the running for next year's GF. 

Reply #9
No doubt there's a minion somewhere in AFL House who is scratching his name off the AFL's list of septuagenarian rockers who are in the running for next year's GF.

A snort or two of cocaine and they're as good as 20 again  :))

Reply #11
First CD I bought was at Colletctors' Corner on Swanston Street in about '91 was Best of Joe Cocker.  Love it and gets a regular go.

Reply #12
She came in through the bathroom window . . .

I saw the Guvnor at his best at Festival Hall at some point during the 1970s  ;)

70 is far too young but lung cancer doesn't let go. RIP Joe
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
RIP Joe and thank you for all your contributions to the music industry for so many years.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
Joe's passing has made me very sad......another lost link to a great period of my life.
Reality always wins in the end.