Skip to main content
Topic: I'm back! (Read 6457 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm back!

On Friday morning I will be heading off for six weeks of outback touring.  I am going with seven other blokes in five 4WDs and, after a fairly quick trip to Central Australia, we will be travelling the Gunbarrel Highway and then the Canning Stock Route before arriving in Broome on 8 June.  Mrs DJC is flying to Broome and we'll drive back down the west coast to Perth.  We will then take the Indian-Pacific back to Perth before driving the final leg back to Melbourne arriving back in early July.

It's a little like the trip Cookie did last year but in the opposite direction.

I won't have internet access for most of the time I will be away and I doubt whether I will get to see many games on TV - not that that will necessarily be a bad thing.

I hope our footy team finds some direction while I'm away and I trust that our debates on the best way forward will continue.  Perhaps the powers that be will take on some of the eminently sensible suggestions put forward by our posters  ;)

Catch you all again in about six weeks  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: I'm out of here!

Reply #1
All the best DJC!! Good time to be going. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Gonna put serious cash on  a 6-0 run  :))

Have a great trip

Reply #3
Yep
You're obviously a jinx....so with you gone it should be all up from this point ;D

(Have a safe and enjoyable trip ;))

Reply #4
More importantly than having a fun trip which it surely will be. Have a safe trip buddy. We will argue here on your behalf until you come back. Mick might not be here before you get back. ;D

Kidding buddy, cheers. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
On Friday morning I will be heading off for six weeks of outback touring.  I am going with seven other blokes in five 4WDs and, after a fairly quick trip to Central Australia, we will be travelling the Gunbarrel Highway and then the Canning Stock Route before arriving in Broome on 8 June.  Mrs DJC is flying to Broome and we'll drive back down the west coast to Perth.  We will then take the Indian-Pacific back to Perth before driving the final leg back to Melbourne arriving back in early July.

It's a little like the trip Cookie did last year but in the opposite direction.

I won't have internet access for most of the time I will be away and I doubt whether I will get to see many games on TV - not that that will necessarily be a bad thing.

I hope our footy team finds some direction while I'm away and I trust that our debates on the best way forward will continue.  Perhaps the powers that be will take on some of the eminently sensible suggestions put forward by our posters  ;)

Catch you all again in about six weeks  :)
Hopefully things will be a little less dire when you return.
Have a great trip!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
You lucky, lucky bastard.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #7
The jinx suggestion may not be too far off the mark.  Our record was 3-1-4 when I was overseas last year  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Wanna swap gigs?

I'm dealing with a screaming 4 month old.

Sounds like an epic journey. Enjoy.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Bon voyage DJC. Don't forget to camp at Lake Aerodrome - fantastic! Look forward to hearing how it went when you get back.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Enjoy... stay safe. What a great adventure. Cheers Mate...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Have a good fun trip DJ and stay safe...hope you have a club to come back to.. ;)

Reply #12
Sounds like a great trip! ! Enjoy!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #13
All the best DJ. Travel safe and hopefully you will arrive back to a CFC in far better shape than you left it. ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14
All the best DJC. Stay safe and enjoy yourself.

Keep an eye out for any budding AFL talent, and let us (and the club) know what you find. They need all the help they can get.

Big Up !