Skip to main content
Topic: I'm back! (Read 6454 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: I'm back!

Reply #15
Well, I'm not really back but I'm in Broome and have internet access.

The Canning Stock Route was great, even if it rained for 8 days without a let up.  However, not many people get to see the Gibson and Great Sandy Deserts when they are wet.

The football news is mixed:  Malthouse's sacking was inevitable and we can hopefully file his tenure away with Pagan's.  Hopefully, the club will have learnt from these two terrible mistakes and won't go down the messiah coach path again.

Chris Judd's career ending injury is a tragedy.  I can understand his decision but I will miss seeing him run out with the boys.

Thanks for all the good wishes too chaps, I appreciate them.

If you ever get a chance to travel in the remote outback, don't hesitate.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Good to hear from you DJC and that you enjoyed the Canning and completed it safely. It's nice to relax somewhere like Broome after the privations of bush camping. The Roebuck is a great place to have a few beers, a meal and watch the footy on TV.

How were the track conditions on the Gunbarrel?

Cheers and enjoy the rest of your trip.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Onya DJC!! I thought Hotcox had returned there for a moment! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
The Gunbarrel was very heavily corrugated Cookie.  It started raining when we were at Carnegie Station and the Gunbarrel turned into a quagmire, as did the CSR up to Kunawarritji.

None of our vehicles missed a beat though.  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
The Gunbarrel was very heavily corrugated Cookie.  It started raining when we were at Carnegie Station and the Gunbarrel turned into a quagmire, as did the CSR up to Kunawarritji.

None of our vehicles missed a beat though.  :)

Good to hear that your trucks behaved themselves! Last thing you need are truck problems when it's raining. Sounds like a good trip overall. Cheers.
Reality always wins in the end.