Skip to main content
Topic: Jarryd Hayne (Read 49037 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jarryd Hayne

Reply #135
Chip Kelly apparently has a different view to Kruddler - but then, so do most folk  ;)

SAN Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly says he was surprised by Jarryd Hayne’s announcement he was retiring from the NFL to play rugby sevens for Fiji at the Olympics.

Kelly also doused speculation the 49ers were planning to cut Hayne, which led to the Australian making a face-saving exit. The 49ers instead were bullish on Hayne, praising his ability to pick up Kelly’s new offence and excited about using his powerful, 188cm body and skills.

“He’s a really sharp learner,” Kelly told reporters on Tuesday at the 49ers’ Santa Clara facility.

“We were excited. He’s a big body and has a skill set.”

Hayne and the 49ers announced on Sunday that Hayne had made the decision to quit the NFL to pursue his dream of winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

Kelly said he didn’t speak to Hayne about possibly returning to the 49ers after his Olympics stint, although the team holds his rights.

Interesting how Hayne can represent Fiji without ever holding a Fijian passport.  Apparently, there's also a question mark over Hayne's ability to pass the more stringent drug code in force for the Olympics, but I'm not sure how reliable that story is.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #136
had a go.

cut or changed his mind, doesn't really matter .

Good on him.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #137
The Hayne over hype by the Aussie media, particularly in the Northern states, was unjustified.
He was pretty crap, and never really looked up to NFL standard.
So saw the writing on the wall and 'retired' .
The whole situation reminds my of Izzy Falau at GWS.

He was overhyped by the yanks as well.

I think his jersey was amongst the top 50 sold all year.

FYI, there are 32 teams each having 53 players on the roster plus more who get elevated from the practice squad (on which Hayne ended up on) so that is in excess of 2000 players. That's top 2.5% sales wise. Some of that would've been because Aussies were buying his jersey, but not THAT much.

Possibly the best all time Wide receiver to ever play the game, fellow 49'er Jerry Rice was also pumping up Haynes tyres. The aussie media just followed the hype from the US media. Which they are prone to do. How is Tim Tebow going? RG3? Johnny "Mr Football" Manziell? You might need to look them up as they were the 'next best thing' which have all gone to the scrap heap in the past 5 years or so. That's why i trust my own judgement and don't get sucked into the hype that the media creates as they have a knack of getting it wrong.

Reply #138
Chip Kelly apparently has a different view to Kruddler - but then, so do most folk  ;)

Chip is simply trying to save face saying the 49ers didn't push Hayne out the door, he was much loved by the fans and if they find out otherwise ll hell will break loose.

Reply #139
Chip is simply trying to save face saying the 49ers didn't push Hayne out the door, he was much loved by the fans and if they find out otherwise ll hell will break loose.

Good try Kruddler but Chip has well and truly shot your version down in flames.  I could be wrong but I suspect that he knows just a tad more about the NFL than you do so I'll happily accept what he has to say on the matter :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #140
Once Heyne fullfills his dream to go to Olympics,  he is going to try out with carlton to fulfill his dream to play AFL> 

Reply #141
Once Heyne fullfills his dream to go to Olympics,  he is going to try out with carlton to fulfill his dream to play AFL>

We've got enough half back flankers ;D

Reply #142
Hope he fulfils his dream to piss off out of sight and leave the media over hyping for when Essendon loses games and still gets a standing ovation from their deluded fans lol

Reply #143
Good try Kruddler but Chip has well and truly shot your version down in flames.  I could be wrong but I suspect that he knows just a tad more about the NFL than you do so I'll happily accept what he has to say on the matter :)

Knows more than Kruds?

Blasphemy!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #144
Hayne has missed selection in the first Fiji squad but it's possible that he could be added later.

If he misses out it will be a lot of egg on his face!

I would have thought that he would have to be guaranteed selection to justify giving up his NFL contract.

Reply #145
Hayne has missed selection in the first Fiji squad but it's possible that he could be added later.

I would have thought that he would have to be guaranteed selection to justify giving up his NFL contract.

Does sound odd.

Reply #146

Maybe he didn't 'give up' his NFL contract. ;)

Perhaps Chip was telling porky's. Wouldn't be the first time a senior coach has told a little white lie.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. Hayne was told he was not required....or at least would be nothing more than a backup to a backup at best.

Lets put it this way, if Hayne doesn't get on the fiji squad there is absolutely nothing stopping him from going back to the NFL and trying again. NFL teams dont have set lists like we do here and teams can add players throughout the season.

Hell, Rio olympics is run in August, the NFL regular season doesn't start until September, he can do both! Betya he won't though.

Reply #147
My bet is that Jarrad will back in the NRL next year.

hasn't made it in the Yank game, and the Olympics will be history even if he gets a gig. Good luck to him I reckon.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #148
Maybe he didn't 'give up' his NFL contract. ;)

Perhaps Chip was telling porky's. Wouldn't be the first time a senior coach has told a little white lie.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. Hayne was told he was not required....or at least would be nothing more than a backup to a backup at best.

Lets put it this way, if Hayne doesn't get on the fiji squad there is absolutely nothing stopping him from going back to the NFL and trying again. NFL teams dont have set lists like we do here and teams can add players throughout the season.

Hell, Rio olympics is run in August, the NFL regular season doesn't start until September, he can do both! Betya he won't though.

That's not the simplest explanation Kruddler, it's a conspiracy theory  :)

Hayne is still tied to the 49ers.  If he was to go back it would have to be to the 49ers unless they released him.

Reply #149
That's not the simplest explanation Kruddler, it's a conspiracy theory  :)

Hayne is still tied to the 49ers.  If he was to go back it would have to be to the 49ers unless they released him.

You only retire at such an age in such a sport when no one actually wants you.

My ex work mate at kmart was offered to be fired or quit.

To this day he will tell everyone he quit.

We all know he was fired.

It might be conspiracy theory,  but chip le grande showed us his unbiased best going into bat for the bumbers drug program and most of these media people have no credibility left on the back of it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson