Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 384998 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3105
A significant vote in the House of Representatives:

Modeled after the investigation into the September 11, 2001, attacks, the legislation would establish an independent, 10-member commission that would make recommendations by the end of the year for securing the Capitol and preventing another insurrection.

It passed the House 252-175.

The solid number of Republicans voting for the independent investigation — 35 out of 211 — signaled some cracks in the party's defense of Mr Aurangzeb on a key vote.

It seems that Aurangzeb's hold over the Republicans is weakening despite the efforts of the Republican leadership.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3106
And no doubt the Jan 6 Commission will be just a big a farce as the 9-11 Commission....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3107
A significant vote in the House of Representatives:

It seems that Aurangzeb's hold over the Republicans is weakening despite the efforts of the Republican leadership.
If they think his wealth is heading south so will his support, if he has no money to burn he has no skin in the game!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3108
Much to early  to determine any medium to long term influences. We need to wait a good 12 months. Trumpania is still in its death throes and there will be the violent wiggle for a little while yet.
In the meantime we all need to be very quiet. America is very tired and needs a little sleep.  ;)
I don’t think we need to wait 12 months to say that the GOP is going all the way with DJT.

Reply #3109
What a predictable piece of shizen this person is;

A few litigations and charges start to pile up, and it's "I'm running for Prez again, so those who slight me better be careful!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3110
What a predictable piece of shizen this person is;

A few litigations and charges start to pile up, and it's "I'm running for Prez again, so those who slight me better be careful!"

Ant yet no focus on the Biden Crime Family?

Why are you still worried about Trump?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3111
Wouldn’t it mark a new low for the Republicans nominate Trump to run for President while he’s incarcerated? ;D 
Unbelievably, there’s nothing preventing this.

Reply #3113
I just hate the way Biden has made his son and daughter-in-Law senior advisers and he refuses to put the Biden Organisation into a blind trust.

Reply #3114
Much to early  to determine any medium to long term influences. We need to wait a good 12 months. Trumpania is still in its death throes and there will be the violent wiggle for a little while yet.
In the meantime we all need to be very quiet. America is very tired and needs a little sleep.  ;)
More than a year has passed and it’s fair to say Trumpmania isn’t in its death throes. And even if Trump goes away (to the big house?) Trumpism will continue with right-wing demagogues such as Ron DeSantis.

Reply #3115
More than a year has passed and it’s fair to say Trumpmania isn’t in its death throes. And even if Trump goes away (to the big house?) Trumpism will continue with right-wing demagogues such as Ron DeSantis.

He's still hanging around that's for sure and certain.
But to believe he's a realistic chance of regaining his position is a wild stretch.
There's enough division in Republican ranks to ensure that won't happen.

What hasn't happened, and what I expected, was that the alternative would be good enough to consign him to the dustbin of history...and that's on the Democrats.

Reply #3116
He's still hanging around that's for sure and certain.
But to believe he's a realistic chance of regaining his position is a wild stretch.
There's enough division in Republican ranks to ensure that won't happen.

What hasn't happened, and what I expected, was that the alternative would be good enough to consign him to the dustbin of history...and that's on the Democrats.

As wild as him getting it in the first place?

Reply #3117
As wild as him getting it in the first place?

Much, much wilder....because the more moderate American right-leaning voter have seen what he can be.
He was 'different'...now they know the consequences of that difference.
The level of support for Trump is very dependent on the performance of Biden.
Biden seems to be picking up in that area in recent weeks.

Anyway Trump's going to be tied up in legal issues for some time to come.

Reply #3118
The Simpsons have already predicted it.  Ivanka Trump 2028. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3119
The error in your logic, Lods, is that you assume the US is a democracy. At best, it’s a very distorted one. Gerrymandering and voter suppression is well established over there and the conservative majority in the Supreme Court appears ready to walk away from defending equal voting rights.

The attempted coup on 6/1/21 might also be a dry run for what’s to come. Just wait for Red States to pass legislation allowing the Governors, Secretaries of State or State Legislatures to forward their own slates of electors to the Electoral College if they have the slightest concern about the conduct of elections in their States.