Skip to main content
Topic: NRL FS vs AFL FS (Read 6229 times) previous topic - next topic

NRL FS vs AFL FS

The NRL world is generally seen as sexist, blokey and a boy's club, yet the NRL Footy Show is able to include a 'football intelligent' attractive female in Erin Molan who is shown a high degree of respect by both the panel and audience and not treated as a token female. 

With the recent accusations leveled at Newman and Brownless and the deplorable history that the show has in dealing with women ( Newman's comments to those female footballers a few weeks ago was a disgrace) and the fact that the AFL footy show needs a revamp (desperately), are there any suggestions as to any females who might be able take their place legitimately as a panel member, to give the show some form of credibility??

My suggestion: Rebecca Maddern (ch 7) Heard her on SEN  recently and was amazed at her football knowledge. I think she's the No 1 ticket holder at Geelong.

We can justifiably criticize the NRL on some issues but when comparing the two shows, the NRL are a mile ahead. 

Re: NRL FS vs AFL FS

Reply #1
Daisy Pearce who spoke on Brownlow night was impressive.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
If you remember Bec Judd's answer to that patronising questioning she received on Brownlow night a few years ago, then I think you would realise she knows more about football than many footballers!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Didn't even realise this show was still going!

Reply #5
The NRL world is generally seen as sexist, blokey and a boy's club, yet the NRL Footy Show is able to include a 'football intelligent' attractive female in Erin Molan who is shown a high degree of respect by both the panel and audience and not treated as a token female. 

With the recent accusations leveled at Newman and Brownless and the deplorable history that the show has in dealing with women ( Newman's comments to those female footballers a few weeks ago was a disgrace) and the fact that the AFL footy show needs a revamp (desperately), are there any suggestions as to any females who might be able take their place legitimately as a panel member, to give the show some form of credibility??

My suggestion: Rebecca Maddern (ch 7) Heard her on SEN  recently and was amazed at her football knowledge. I think she's the No 1 ticket holder at Geelong.

We can justifiably criticize the NRL on some issues but when comparing the two shows, the NRL are a mile ahead.

Happy to claim this one!!!!

Reply #7
Happy to claim this one!!!!

Nice prediction!

Now, if they replaced Newman, Brayshaw and Brownless, changed the format, and brought back Trevor Marmalade I might even think about watching the show.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Nice prediction!

Now, if they replaced Newman, Brayshaw and Brownless, changed the format, and brought back Trevor Marmalade I might even think about watching the show.

Totally agree. Triple M humour is so self interested and boring.

Reply #9
Nice prediction!

Without Sam the show dies. He's the one that drives the show.

Reply #10
TFS died long ago for me and it would take a lot more than Rebecca to get me to watch again.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
Without Sam the show dies. He's the one that drives the show.

Sam is the reason the show died for me many years ago.

I agree that it wouldn't be the same show without Sam, but that's a good thing.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
Seems no-one ever watches the Footy Show yet it's seems to rate very well and been going 22 years.

Interesting.

Reply #13
Seems no-one ever watches the Footy Show yet it's seems to rate very well and been going 22 years.

Interesting.

I imagine lots of folk still watch the footy show.  The same folk who watch the other moronic programs that seem to rate very well and provide avenues for has beens, or never haves in some cases, to get their faces on TV.

There's no accounting for taste  ::)

By the way, has anyone ever taken part in the ratings survey?  My family did back in the 1960s when you had to write down what you were watching every hour.