Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad (Read 60085 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad

Reply #105
Can't agree with that assessment sorry. Bolton didn't go anywhere near there......there may well be other issues with KJ?

Bolton simply said that Jaksch had to play well to earn a spot.  He also said that Jaksch was able to play forward and back and that's got to be a positive.

Robbo on SEN tried to grill SOS about whether Jaksch had the right attitude to play AFL.  SOS played a straight bat, as you'd expect.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if there's something amiss, particularly if Jones can get a couple of games.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #106
The Whiley + Jaksch + Boekhorst for pick (?) 7 deal is starting to look like it is covered in balls.  Chuck in DVR showing 9/10ths of bugger all and it is starting to look like another stinker of a draft for us.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #107
The Whiley + Jaksch + Boekhorst for pick (?) 7 deal is starting to look like it is covered in balls.  Chuck in DVR showing 9/10ths of bugger all and it is starting to look like another stinker of a draft for us.

As someone famously said, "Malthouse's fingerprints are all over our 2014 recruiting!"  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
Jaksch has to play ahead of Jones.....ok the former might not be going at his hardest and Jones might be training the house down but at the end of the day one can play football and the other doesnt have a clue and it will be the team and supporters who suffer...
Bolton should be playing Jaksch this week if he isnt injured IMO and getting him fired up for Rnd1 ..Jones had one possie last game didnt he?....cant justify playing that banana this week IMO...
How is Jones earning his spot?

Reply #109
Jaksch has to play ahead of Jones.....ok the former might not be going at his hardest and Jones might be training the house down but at the end of the day one can play football and the other doesnt have a clue and it will be the team and supporters who suffer...
Bolton should be playing Jaksch this week if he isnt injured IMO and getting him fired up for Rnd1 ..Jones had one possie last game didnt he?....cant justify playing that banana this week IMO...
EB, I can't see the "Banana" in the squad, so neither is playing tomorrow night ???

Reply #110
Bolton simply said that Jaksch had to play well to earn a spot.  He also said that Jaksch was able to play forward and back and that's got to be a positive.

Robbo on SEN tried to grill SOS about whether Jaksch had the right attitude to play AFL.  SOS played a straight bat, as you'd expect.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if there's something amiss, particularly if Jones can get a couple of games.

I'm very fearful that we indeed do have an issue as far as Jaksch is concerned. If he was going OK he would be getting a game by now, not being talked of as playing VFL. SOS of course would know him pretty well - maybe a bit too well?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #111

Need to set standards.

We won't win much with either of them so you make a statement with these two now surrounding what it takes to get a game at our footy club.

It's a free hit and it's important to make these statements now whilst we are a bit crap than it is to fix it later.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #112
Bolton commented on how much Weitering would learn if he spent a bit of time on Big Buddy....... eeeeeeekkkk, no pressure young fella.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #113
Bolton commented on how much Weitering would learn if he spent a bit of time on Big Buddy....... eeeeeeekkkk, no pressure young fella.

I liked hearing that.  I wouldn't want Weitering thrown to the wolves but standing Buddy for a while, particularly in a practice match, would be a great learning experience.

Reply #114
If Weitering v Buddy, he'll not only learn about what he does right/not, but will learn about how steely his constitution is. I have no doubt that our players will benefit most from the greatest of challenges. I did however, squirm a little with this match up. Bring it and let's see what can be gained.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #115
If Weitering v Buddy, he'll not only learn about what he does right/not, but will learn about how steely his constitution is. I have no doubt that our players will benefit most from the greatest of challenges. I did however, squirm a little with this match up. Bring it and let's see what can be gained.

Not sure Weiters has the leg speed to keep up with Buddy, but it's worth a go.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
The bets chance for these kids is NOW under B.Bolton and his framework for success.

Jaksch, DVR, Whiley, Boekhorst, Foster, etc - their best chance to succeed is under Bolts IMHO. Some will make it and some won't. Not everyone does. But, I more confident with Bolts in charge that sk

Reply #117

I think this NAB game would be a great opportunity for Weitering to play, in a practice game effectively, on one of the best forwards around and get a taste of what is required at the top level. At worst it will tell him what he needs to achieve and I think he is mentally tough enough to learn from it rather than be crushed.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #118
Can't agree with that assessment sorry. Bolton didn't go anywhere near there......there may well be other issues with KJ?

How many games has Kj played this preseason?

BB isn't going to openly slag him off but he's not injured and can't get a game in front of the inanimate object that is Liam Jones.

There is an issue there - even Robbo could join the dots.

It looks like his attitude is a problem.

Reply #119

Bat wasn't quite straight... He said that he had been working really hard for the past two months, but had received a kick up the backside. Made comment that he still had to develop an AFL ready body.

I'd say his physical condition has been found wanting by the new regime, he is getting some tough love and is going to have to earn a spot. If you can't earn a spot in our team at the moment you are struggling.