Skip to main content
Topic: Father/Son 2036 (Read 3748 times) previous topic - next topic

Father/Son 2036

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/marc-murphy-and-wife-jessie-announce-pregnancy/news-story/28eb30ad62f590d966d6125764f6cc9d

CARLTON captain Marc Murphy and his wife Jessie have revealed they are expecting their first child, taking to social media to announce a baby boy was on the way.

3 x Judd's, 2 x Betts', a Waite, a Gibbs and now a Murphy, this team is going to be immense  ;D

Re: Father/Son 2036

Reply #1
They will have removed FS by that time
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #2
They will have removed FS by that time

That was the rumor a year or two back, has the startup of the AFLW changed anything though?

It seems they are to introduce new F&D rules which would make it hard to justify removing the F&S rules.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/marc-murphy-and-wife-jessie-announce-pregnancy/news-story/28eb30ad62f590d966d6125764f6cc9d

3 x Judd's, 2 x Betts', a Waite, a Gibbs and now a Murphy, this team is going to be immense  ;D

no wonder the bloke's form has gone to pot.

good luck to them!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
Great news - congratulations Murphys!

Isn't it interesting, I have felt MM has not been himself for the past month or so, just not going as hard at it as is his usual form.  Does the news change his mindset, more thinking about himself and his future his health, injuries, etc than before?

I remember Judd having an average (by his standards) season after having No. 1.

Reply #5

Isn't it interesting, I have felt MM has not been himself for the past month or so, just not going as hard at it as is his usual form.  Does the news change his mindset, more thinking about himself and his future his health, injuries, etc than before?

2E too had a carp season/patch around the time his wife was pregnant with his first....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
2E too had a carp season/patch around the time his wife was pregnant with his first....
I remember that too!

Shows they're not robots, all kinds of things affect their game.

Reply #7
Another one who had a daughter to go with a bit of a form slump.... Dale Thomas.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
Doesnt get any better..Eldest daughter is 30, I'm still in a form slump ;) ;D

I have two boys in their twenties at home, my form is gone, my wallet is bare and my fridge(food and beer) is empty! :(

Yet when they are away from home I miss them! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
I have two boys in their twenties at home, my form is gone, my wallet is bare and my fridge(food and beer) is empty! :(

Yet when they are away from home I miss them! :o

Sounds like your meeting their every need ;)
Every child wishes for (and deserves) a parent like that. Good job LP.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #11
Congratulations to Marc and Jessie.

Gee the future certainly looks bright for the Blues :))
Henry Ford.

Reply #12

The social media baby announcement also shows the Murphy's newly built house. Building a house and making your first baby is stressful stuff!! If Murphy's been a little off - it's understandable.

Here's to a normal pregnancy and birth.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
Sounds like your meeting their every need ;)
Every child wishes for (and deserves) a parent like that. Good job LP.

I didn't say I gave them any food, just that the fridge is permanently empty! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Congratulations Marc and Jessie  :)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball