Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #60
Yesterday in Aldi there was just one four pack of 3ply sitting all alone in the middle of a huge empty space of a about 5 pallets. As I walked passed it was an eerie feeling - at first I though something dreadful would happen if anyone picked it up. Why hadn't this one pack been taken already. As I walked past it I looked around - no one looking - so I then casually swept it up and threw it into my trolley - the world did not end - there was no wipe out so to speak!! No one winced or strained in fact. Maybe the great dunny roll crisis is reaching its end. I read somewhere that the warehouses are full of it - just a matter of getting it to the stores, which takes a bit of time.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
I read somewhere that the warehouses are full of it - just a matter of getting it to the stores, which takes a bit of time.
Yep.

Stores are upping their deliveries to 3 times a week to cover the crazy demand for the rolled stuff. Its not about supply, its about delivery....and that will soon cease to be an issue.

Reply #62
I read somewhere that the warehouses are full of it - just a matter of getting it to the stores, which takes a bit of time.
The warehouses are bulk tissue stores, our country and New Zealand is full of the stuff, a roll weighs 2000 ~ 3000kg and is 2.4m wide.

It has to be converted to retail rolls via slitting, lamination and rewinding, then packaged and delivered to the stores. A potential problem is that the companies that make the plastic outer wrappers are short on raw material resin supplies that mostly come from mass production in China.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
Just got home from Woollies down the Bellarine Peninsula, no toilet paper, no tissues, almost no rice left either

Woolies at Curlewis had plenty of dunny roll today ... and no-one was buying it.  Either the panic is subsiding or folk have nowhere left to store their stash  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
Woolies at Curlewis had plenty of dunny roll today ... and no-one was buying it.  Either the panic is subsiding or folk have nowhere left to store their stash  ::)
The sun is shining and the grass is green and growing! ;D

The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
There's a Woolies at Curlewis now? I need to get out more

Reply #66
There's entire suburbs that weren't at Curlewis last week.  Development on the Bellarine  is OOC.

They'll finish the f++++++g bypass eventually.   How long to build 3 km of road...three years?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #67
There's entire suburbs that weren't at Curlewis last week.  Development on the Bellarine  is OOC.

They'll finish the f++++++g bypass eventually.   How long to build 3 km of road...three years?

It’s all the additional works that are getting up my goat Prof.  I think that they must realise that the secondary roads are substandard when they build bypass intersections.  I was working in St Leonards yesterday (another housing development) and the trip down Mooraduc Road took forever  ::)

... And the Jetty Road roundabout is gone today!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #68
It’s all the additional works that are getting up my goat Prof.  I think that they must realise that the secondary roads are substandard when they build bypass intersections.  I was working in St Leonards yesterday (another housing development) and the trip down Moorooduc Road took forever  ::)
 Don't you mean Murradoc Road, otherwise that is a hell of a circuitous route! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
g'day Bellarine boys.   

Reply #70
Us Bellarine CSC boys should congregate at a local pub to watch our next interstate game together?

Reply #71

Don't you mean Murradoc Road, otherwise that is a hell of a circuitous route! ;D

Not sure where those Os came from LP - perhaps I’m used to writing my sister’s address in Mooloolaba  :)

Reply #72
Us Bellarine CSC boys should congregate at a local pub to watch our next interstate game together?

Sounds like a plan Jack 🍻

Reply #73

Not sure where those Os came from LP - perhaps I’m used to writing my sister’s address in Mooloolaba  :)
Pinched them from over my way! ;)

Sounds like a plan Jack 🍻
I'm very tempted to jump on the ferry if I'm free!

Maybe there might be a Westernport version one day, French Island as the middle ground between, I believe it's got a pub now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Pinched them from over my way! ;)
I'm very tempted to jump on the ferry if I'm free!

Maybe there might be a Westernport version one day, French Island as the middle ground between, I believe it's got a pub now!

Likewise. But I'd have to use the Westernport ferry which has ridiculous hours of operation... would probably find myself stranded for the night either on the Bellarine Peninsula, or Portsea, or Crib Point!!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17