Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427737 times) previous topic - next topic

CV and mad panic behaviour

Mrs E and myself went to do our regular shopping and found ourselves in a frenzied shopper assault on consumables with people turning feral over a pack of toilets rolls. A new trolley load of Toilet paper appeared in the supermarket aisle and the Coles staff member was virtually pushed out of the way as he tried to put all the packs on the shelves. He gave up and left them on the trolley for the feral masses to fight over. I thought CV was a respiratory disease not a bowel complaint......????
No toilet paper in the mens either, all been taken....
Think I'll be doing online shopping...

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1
Mrs E and myself went to do our regular shopping and found ourselves in a frenzied shopper assault on consumables with people turning feral over a pack of toilets rolls. A new trolley load of Toilet paper appeared in the supermarket aisle and the Coles staff member was virtually pushed out of the way as he tried to put all the packs on the shelves. He gave up and left them on the trolley for the feral masses to fight over. I thought CV was a respiratory disease not a bowel complaint......????
No toilet paper in the mens either, all been taken....
Think I'll be doing online shopping...
Some prick at the local manufacturers will get a fat bonus this month due to the spike in sales from their corona viral marketing tactic, the stupid thing is that nearly all our toilet paper in Australia is locally produced!

Only the local division of a Yank owned company stupidly shutdown all it's local manufacture and setup cheap China imports in it's place, a GM tactic, they'll be bust within a month and the local makers will be booming!

A relative told me there were people queued at the Coles checkout yesterday with trolleys full to the brim of bulk dunny roll packets, like a Vesper overloaded with bamboo in India! Cynically she asked if they were sending them to China!

Watch the current suppliers and supermarkets take advantage of all this retail stupidity, next week dunny rolls, long life milk, handsanitiser, baked-beans, etc., etc., will be twice the price they use to be! ;)

Because I have connections in the industry I saw this coming, I went out and added handshower(Bidet) type nozzles to the home cisterns, now even they have tripled in price, as people desperate for a guilt free decent crap resort to buying hand towels or finding a use for those old phone books!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Some prick at the local manufacturers will get a fat bonus this month due to the spike in sales from their corona viral marketing tactic, the stupid thing is that nearly all our toilet paper in Australia is locally produced!

Only the local division of a Yank owned company stupidly shutdown all it's local manufacture and setup cheap China imports in it's place, a GM tactic, they'll be bust within a month and the local makers will be booming!

A relative told me there were people queued at the Coles checkout yesterday with trolleys full to the brim of bulk dunny roll packets, like a Vesper overloaded with bamboo in India! Cynically she asked if they were sending them to China!

Watch the current suppliers and supermarkets take advantage of all this retail stupidity, next week dunny rolls, long life milk, handsanitiser, baked-beans, etc., etc., will be twice the price they use to be! ;)

Because I have connections in the industry I saw this coming, I went out and added handshower(Bidet) type nozzles to the home cisterns, now even they have tripled in price, as people desperate for a guilt free decent crap resort to buying hand towels or finding a use for those old phone books!

No paper towel or tissues either, all sold out.....check the bark on your trees, reckon that might be gone by morning too..
Been a run on Panadol too, think some chemists might be cutting down purchases to one pack only..

Reply #5
I'm hearing some disturbing aspects about this. Apparently there are local people on eBay offering a single roll of toilet paper for purchase for $50. There was also talk about some of those buying huge amounts of toilet paper are owners of convenience stores and the like, where you can still buy toilet paper, but at about 10 times the price it is sold at Coles/Woolworths

Reply #6
Some folks are taking the piss on e-bay for sure...  ;D
I suspect in most cases it's just a bit of Aussie humour.
Quilton seems to be the brand of choice.

Reply #7
Behaviour of people in embarrassing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
I'm hearing some disturbing aspects about this. Apparently there are local people on eBay offering a single roll of toilet paper for purchase for $50. There was also talk about some of those buying huge amounts of toilet paper are owners of convenience stores and the like, where you can still buy toilet paper, but at about 10 times the price it is sold at Coles/Woolworths
If people are stupid enough to buy it, they deserve to be ripped off and taken to the cleaners (no pun intended)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
I crap you not, I know someone who had tickets to the SOO Charity match and didnt go because of the CV propaganda.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
We always buy our toilet paper from from one single online supplier - he's "our sole agent". Ahem! I'll let myself out........
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
Proof that there's a sucker born every minute.  Reverse scenes of a North Korea supermarket.  All on display but you can't buy it.

Reply #13
Some may have already read/heard the stats on CV, but supposedly only 2% of the people that get it, die. Most of them are old.
If you are under the age of 50 and get CV, you have a 0.2% chance of death......and i'm tipping most of that 0.2% are either already sick and/or are children/infants.

If you are relatively fit and healthy, you are fine.

Reply #14
Some may have already read/heard the stats on CV, but supposedly only 2% of the people that get it, die. Most of them are old.
If you are under the age of 50 and get CV, you have a 0.2% chance of death......and i'm tipping most of that 0.2% are either already sick and/or are children/infants.

If you are relatively fit and healthy, you are fine.

Mostly correct Kruddler. Those at risk of dying are over 60 with a pre-existing condition (immune deficiency, respiratory or cardiovascular disease, diabetes etc). Many people who get it either don't have any symptoms, or just get a common cold. Other coronaviruses that have been around forever cause about 25% of cases of common cold. But one interesting thing about COVID-19 is that children are grossly under-represented in those who are getting sick from it, the experts are not sure why, but if you're under 18 you are very likely to not even know you've got it. Similar in some ways to diseases like chicken pox, if you get it young enough you barely show any symptoms at all, but get it as an adult and it can knock you around big time