Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434831 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #6061
And just for the record, this variant has been known since at least July:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/07/how-scientists-detect-new-covid-19-variants/

Are you telling me that they didn't release it yesterday... that they've been stockpiling it for months ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6062
Are you telling me that they didn't release it yesterday... that they've been stockpiling it for months ?

Stockpiling isn't the right word, but this one has clearly been chosen (out of how many, literally thousands of mutations/variants?) to be the next go to scare everyone thing.

Commentary out of SA suggests it causes only mild illness....though there will be outliers of course.

“So far we’ve seen very mild cases… I’m not sure why everyone is up in arms.”

Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6063
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water..........cue Jaws music!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6064
We have the means to determine the nationality of every passenger on inbound operations.  That Qatar plane should have not been allowed to deboard.

Reply #6066
So we've alienated a whole subset of society for relatively nought?  Who would have thunk it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6067
Before the usual suspects chime in, have a think about the number of people who felt coerced into this vaccine and what they might think next time around.

Paul Hewson

Reply #6068
Yes, we should have let it rip until the most dangerous variant emerged - no lockdowns, no masks, no social distancing . Then when we were confident Covid could get no worse, we should have waited for the scientists to come up with a vaccine or treatment for it. That's best epidemiological practice right there. 

Reply #6069
Why should they think differently next time around?  They know that at the moment they have the best available protection against the Delta strain, which is not going away any time soon.

My hope is that they have the mental capacity to understand that, just like the emergence of new strains of the flu virus every year requiring a jab of a varied vaccine, the same procedure will likely be needed every year with Covid.

Reply #6070
A question or two for those who have studied this a bit.

Once a new variant becomes dominant does that  eventually mean that the previous strain dies out.
How many folks still get the Alpha strain these days.
Will the Omicron mean the demise of Delta?

Reply #6071
Stockpiling isn't the right word, but this one has clearly been chosen (out of how many, literally thousands of mutations/variants?) to be the next go to scare everyone thing.

Commentary out of SA suggests it causes only mild illness....though there will be outliers of course.

“So far we’ve seen very mild cases… I’m not sure why everyone is up in arms.”

Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association.

Why cant there be a new variant that doesn't involve a conspiracy Fly ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6072
A question or two for those who have studied this a bit.

Once a new variant becomes dominant does that  eventually mean that the previous strain dies out.
How many folks still get the Alpha strain these days.
Will the Omicron mean the demise of Delta?
@Lods

It's not that the other strains disappear, it's just that the newer faster spreading strains are more dominant, and as the first in can lead to some immunity/resistance against the other strains. They basically compete to occupy the same space.

So far Omicrons concern isn't that it's more deadly, the main issue is that previous Sars-CoV-2 infections offer zero immunity to it.

Vaccine efficacy against Omicron is not yet known because the areas most affected by Omicron have very low vaccine uptake due to short supplies. Something the WHO warned the world about when Western Governments started booster vaccines rather than sharing the resource. We aren't safe until we are all safe, a fact vaccine deniers ignore!

Omicron is shown to mutate very aggressively / quickly, as such it's a potential source of new strains.

While that might not be an issue for people who are mildly affected, people with vulnerabilities and long COVID symptoms could be in severe strife! It's a chook raffle, there are those who think it's OK to spin the big wheel, I suppose they also think The Hunger Games or Soylent Green might be our real future!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6073
Why cant there be a new variant that doesn't involve a conspiracy Fly ?
@northernblue

Apparently you are the conspiracy eater, and "they" are the oracles of truth!

Who knows, a few hundred more variants and they might find one that is vulnerable to Ivermectin, then you'll be in trouble because they were right all along. They just knew it! :)

Perhaps you need to book some time with the Oracle, so you can see the truth,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXtO5dMqEI
There is no virus, it's you that infects! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6074
Yes, we should have let it rip until the most dangerous variant emerged - no lockdowns, no masks, no social distancing . Then when we were confident Covid could get no worse, we should have waited for the scientists to come up with a vaccine or treatment for it. That's best epidemiological practice right there. 

No just didn't need to ostracise everyone and force people who were hesitant into getting vaccinated of fear of being a social outcast.

Look at Liam Jones as an example.  Not even a pre season complete and its going to be irrelevant whether he got vaccinated or not but he's had to retire, leave us with a gaping hole in defense and he's missing out on 400k etdtimated at minimum.

No one has been victorious in that scenario.

Keep in mind im double vaxxed and im going for my booster Jan 6th.

Why?  I work in a hospital and my risk profile is different to average Joe.

The measures, fine.  The vaccines fine.  The vaccine mandate and draconian response?  Not fine.  No where near fine. A massive issue, and one that has guaranteed that if there is another vaccine required a bigger portion are going to skip it irrespective of vaccine mandates. 

The noise in the city is growing larger not smaller.

You guys are too arrogant thinking you know better.

Paul Hewson