Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 109010 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #375
It’ll save me a lot of time if Lyon takes over at Carlton. Rather than watching the game, I’ll just check the final score. And then if we’ve won 31-30, I’ll let out a little “Yippee!”
12 or 13 one point low scoring wins vs 7 or 8 22 to 24 point honourable losses.
Hmmmmm.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #376
Those of you experienced in flying, and in particularly the flatus expanding effects of low cabin pressures at altitude, will be seriously disturbed by the latest cabin concepts!

Enjoy the flight fart face!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #377
To add salt to the wound, Zac Williams has been racially vilified online following his suspension by a vile, weak, coward with a fake account. Time for social media platforms for insist on 3 forms of valid ID to open an account. This way, these weak kents can be tracked down and face the music. Despicable excuses for humans is all they are.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #378
To add salt to the wound, Zac Williams has been racially vilified online following his suspension by a vile, weak, coward with a fake account. Time for social media platforms for insist on 3 forms of valid ID to open an account. This way, these weak kents can be tracked down and face the music. Despicable excuses for humans is all they are.

Cowards is the perfect description.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #379
Almost certainly a CheatsFC supporter posing as a Bluebagger.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #381
Was it on a Carlton forum/Facebook page?
Not sure, I think it was on Instagram.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #382

I dont agree on giving identification and personal information to social media. 

They collect enough personal information that they don't need.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #383

Of course they need it… how else can they spin a profit ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #384

Well they need to do something to verify the ID of the gutless parasites and filth who vilify and bully people into knecking themselves. Im not an anti survelience type simply because I do nothing wrong and having nothing to hide. If giving that information brings perpetrators of vile acts to justice and suffer the consequences of their actions, I'm all for it and will gladly accept that as a condition of using it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #385
Well they need to do something to verify the ID of the gutless parasites and filth who vilify and bully people into knecking themselves. Im not an anti survelience type simply because I do nothing wrong and having nothing to hide. If giving that information brings perpetrators of vile acts to justice and suffer the consequences of their actions, I'm all for it and will gladly accept that as a condition of using it.

I understand.   The vitriol that gets spewed on social media is abhorrent but I would rather give it away than give away my information. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #386
I understand.   The vitriol that gets spewed on social media is abhorrent but I would rather give it away than give away my information. 
Fair enough.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #387
Funny - I much prefer giving my info to Social Media (not that I'm very active) then to the government - I am much more suspicious as to how our privacy is being eroded on a Federal level (pre-fill tax returns, all the MyGov, there has already been application by VicPol to access Corona QR check-ins).

The reality is if someone wants my information, they have probably got it or can get it.

Reply #388
Funny - I much prefer giving my info to Social Media (not that I'm very active) then to the government - I am much more suspicious as to how our privacy is being eroded on a Federal level (pre-fill tax returns, all the MyGov, there has already been application by VicPol to access Corona QR check-ins).

The reality is if someone wants my information, they have probably got it or can get it.

For me its not an either scenario.

Theres lots of information gathering by sources that really don't need it. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #389
Just from an ex-moderator/admin point of view and speaking specifically about this site...

As a site I think we've handled things pretty well over the years.
We've given a little lenience on things like criticism of player's skills, efforts and attitudes (and we've copped a bit of criticism for that)
But things like racist comments and rumours regarding player's personal lives have been shut down pretty quickly.
To be honest, we really haven't had to do much, as folks have been pretty good and vile and extremist comments have been a rare occurence.

I'm not sure how multiple ID's to verify an account could be introduced.
How we could view them, and verify them, and the responsibility that goes with accessing that information would all be issues.
I think we have to rely on our moderating group to act swiftly and get rid of the comments and posters who breach standards.

I think the time will come when social media sites are increasingly accountable, unfortunately individuals have many ways to avoid and get around detection.