Skip to main content
Topic: The Climate, Environment and Energy Thread (Read 3695 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Climate, Environment and Energy Thread

Reply #135
A bigger ecological disaster is the irresponsible disposal of masks.

They arent recyclable, and a year and a half later, given how actually effective they are, we may as well revert everyone to non disposable washables because most dont wear them properly, change them often enough, and stuff them in and out of their pockets anyway. 
Come on you Blue FLAGGERS!!

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #136
A bigger ecological disaster is the irresponsible disposal of masks.
I agree that the way masks are misused and discarded is a disaster, but I don't think mask abuse is a bigger issue than climate change, as time passes Sars-Cov-2 won't even be a bigger issue than climate change! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
Hi @PaulP
Interestingly, COVID airfares are a slice of what is to come, $40K each way to the UK!

Exactly why Bain capital wasted their money buying Virgin.  But hey, let's ban airlines to save the planet ...

Reply #138
Exactly why Bain capital wasted their money buying Virgin.  But hey, let's ban airlines to save the planet ...
Yes, people are bitching and moaning about not being able to go on their Bali holiday as a restriction to their freedom of choice.

But they don't see that what they perceive as a freedom and fundamental right is in fact a service delivered by a commercial entity, and soon that will be taken away by market forces way beyond their own control or any government control. What a freaking disaster that will become for the liberty nutters, and they will still deny contributing to the problem!

Yearly holidays might go back to being a once in a lifetime event like they were for people post war, work and save up to have one big world trip on retirement and that's it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
I agree that the way masks are misused and discarded is a disaster, but I don't think mask abuse is a bigger issue than climate change, as time passes Sars-Cov-2 won't even be a bigger issue than climate change! :o

They contribute to climate change this isn't a zero sum game.
Come on you Blue FLAGGERS!!

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson