Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 86621 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #465
Personally, if Paine isn't captain he's probably not in the 11 either, especially given his hand injury history.

It will be interesting to see which way the ACB go.

Could we see Head going from borderline selection to captaining an Ashes squad?

Personally, I think Cummins is a bad choice, pace bowlers do not make good judgements at the end of a long hot day in the field. I say this having been a opening bowler and captain, but it was really late in my career when I was happy to give the pill to somebody else that I was most effective as captain. You don't drive fatigued, don't captain Australia fatigued either! ;)

Is Labuschagne a chance, could someone like Handscomb or Maddinson come in to lead with Carey as keeper?

Did Wade announce his retirement a day too soon?
I'm not a fan of quicks being captain either.....Smith is the obvious choice minus the sandpaper anchor around his neck but that
anchor remains and I cant see the selectors going there. If Carey played as keeper then he could be the other choice other than Cummins.

Reply #466
The sexting happened in 2017, 4 months after he got the captaincy.

The wheels may grind slowly, but they do grind.....

He was captain in 2018. It was investigated in 2018 by CA and CT. They found it was consensual between 2 adults so, while they didn't condone it, both bodies said it was between them and decided it wasn't anything that should cost him the captaincy.

Reading the text messages. Looked very consensual.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10219923/Read-raunchy-text-messages-Tim-Paine-sent-female-colleague.html?fbclid=IwAR1pVv4mKymPmvhaGpIJ44MWL7vEKOYTKwzI0wEt6uULk2bMfzESBmfr8Iw

Looks like what happened is the women was charged with theft from Cricket Tasmania, where she worked, in June 2018 and then decided to put in a complaint about Paine. Looks like a form of revenge against Cricket Tasmania for having her charged.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10219963/Woman-centre-Tim-Paine-sexting-scandal-reported-incident-charged-theft.html

Warnie can advise him how to handle it. He had that they of stuff hanging over him his whole career....lol.

Reply #467
He was captain in 2018. It was investigated in 2018 by CA and CT. They found it was consensual between 2 adults so, while they didn't condone it, both bodies said it was between them and decided it wasn't anything that should cost him the captaincy.

Reading the text messages. Looked very consensual.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10219923/Read-raunchy-text-messages-Tim-Paine-sent-female-colleague.html?fbclid=IwAR1pVv4mKymPmvhaGpIJ44MWL7vEKOYTKwzI0wEt6uULk2bMfzESBmfr8Iw

Looks like what happened is the women was charged with theft from Cricket Tasmania, where she worked, in June 2018 and then decided to put in a complaint about Paine. Looks like a form of revenge against Cricket Tasmania for having her charged.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10219963/Woman-centre-Tim-Paine-sexting-scandal-reported-incident-charged-theft.html

Warnie can advise him how to handle it. He had that they of stuff hanging over him his whole career....lol.

Warnie got away with it because he was the naughty clown prince but Paine has been portrayed as Mr Squeaky Clean who can do no wrong unlike convicted villains Smith and Warner. Reckon thats the end of his career at International level and even at State Level its going to be difficult for him, imagine the crap he is going cop from the sledgers.
Josh Bootsma could probably help Tim Paine out, he knows a thing or two about sending selfies ......

Reply #468
Reckon thats the end of his career at International level and even at State Level its going to be difficult for him, imagine the crap he is going cop from the sledgers.

Social media ... and its associated pitfalls

Reply #469
 .... and if Cricket Australia (and C of TAS) kept that secret, I'd run a broom thru the joint.  So much for values and standards.  Pitiful really

Reply #470
Maybe the pommie media should pay more attention to what their own crew is up to,  the allegations being made over there are enough to tear the joint down.  
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #471
.... and if Cricket Australia (and C of TAS) kept that secret, I'd run a broom thru the joint.  So much for values and standards.  Pitiful really

Cricket Australia has admitted that it "made a mistake" in covering up Paine's shenanigans.  Of course, it's only a mistake if you get caught, but what are the chances of a successful cover-up?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #473
If you were paranoid you might think someone connected to the ACB leaked the story to get a NSWelshman back in the big chair for the Ashes!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #474
They're in damage limitation atm

Reply #475
I think there's more to this than we're being told
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #476
I think there's more to this than we're being told
Prof, The Paine bro in law also seems to have been sexting the girl involved, she must have been too busy on her phone all day to do any work. CA in damage control after trying to hide the investigation  but the media wont let this go...too good a story and as you suggest I reckon a few more skeletons waiting to fall out of the cupboard.
The girl will be on a nice earner if she comes forward with her story, Pommy media will be all over it too trying to deflect from the Yorkshire racist debacle..Hope Alex Hales loses his BB contract too, a real sorry excuse for a human, Vaughan should lose his media job and other morons like Ballance should be banned from county cricket, same deal with Hoggard, no coaching or cricket employment either. Too much money in cricket and too much spare time for players and so little respect for the game.

Reply #477
So now we need a new wicketkeeper given Paine's "retirement"

Reply #478
So now we need a new wicketkeeper given Paine's "retirement"
While he may be a nice bloke to his immediate peers, and they may miss him as part of the team, to me it's not a great loss in terms of cricket!

I'm more concerned about the old school getting it's leg in again, Paine was introduced to basically end the hold over Australian Cricket by the Cricket Mafia(Maybe read NSW). Paine stumbled through his own hubris, and look who "the only viable replacements" are, as reported by the cricket experts, NSWelshman A or NSWelshman B?

As for the keeper, what chance is the resurrection of 36yo NSW keeper Peter Neville, or some almost unheard of pick from NSW grade cricket?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #479
Just one more example of modern sports losing it a bit.

If his wife can stick with him through this, I can't see why this has cost a bloke his cricket career whilst ball tampering doesn't??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson