Skip to main content
Topic: Football Department Review (Read 73739 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Football Department Review

Reply #1230
Can't believe I'm hearing all this anti-Cripps noise. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no inside knowledge about;
1. How his body is
2. What he thinks about anyone

So, I'm willing to give the champ the benefit of the doubt after a couple of lean years based on his output which includes ;
Leigh Matthews Trophy: 2019
2× All-Australian team: 2018, 2019
3× John Nicholls Medal: 2015, 2018, 2019
I think he deserves it

Long time ago now. He is now 3 years past his prime.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1231
I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I understand exactly why Pickering took aim at Cripps, even if the comments weren't all that heavy.

Reply #1233
I don't mind pointing out that they are all very much team players.

The club are not going to take the side of just Cripps over DT in opposition to Weiters, McKay, Walsh, Curnow etc etc! No way.

Reply #1234
?

I think Cripps was either undermining or at odds with Teague, and may have provided a lot of negative feedback in the review. Just my thoughts, with (as is usual on a footy forum) not much facts to back it up.

Reply #1235
Looks like an EGM is going to happen. Papers have gone in.

Reply #1236
Thats the thing, there is no right or wrong. Its an opinion.
If you disagree with any of it, be my guest.
So far, the only 'pro' to keeping him is what he has done in the past.
Nobody questions any of my 'cons'.
Well, if just an opinion then why are you asking me to look at the 8 points you made and tell you where you were wrong? For that matter why should anyone question any of your 'cons', given it's just an opinion? My thoughts are just that and I don't need validation or invalidation.

Reply #1237
I think Cripps was either undermining or at odds with Teague, and may have provided a lot of negative feedback in the review. Just my thoughts, with (as is usual on a footy forum) not much facts to back it up.

I don’t know either Paul, but I share those suspicions.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1238
Looks like an EGM is going to happen. Papers have gone in.
Not what we need as a club. We need stability, and quickly. Any EGM is going to hurt that.
I also wonder what our 4 new board members will be feeling. They didn't have anything to do with David Teague's demise.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1239
Well, if just an opinion then why are you asking me to look at the 8 points you made and tell you where you were wrong? For that matter why should anyone question any of your 'cons', given it's just an opinion? My thoughts are just that and I don't need validation or invalidation.
Opinions can be swayed once you see the other side of the argument.
If you can't find fault in the other side of the argument, perhaps the faults lie in your own opinion.

Look, i don't care what your opinion is, back it up to the hilt. But any opinion i put forth, i provide (IMO) some compelling arguments to back that up.

There are quite a few others who seem to agree with me, so are we all crazy?

A few weeks ago, i would've been on your side of the fence. However, the more i hear, the more i think about it, i can't help but think its very simple. The benefits far out weigh the negatives.

If nothing else, it provides a clear path to Weitering as Captain.

Reply #1240
Today. I am not Carlton 😵
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #1241
Can't believe I'm hearing all this anti-Cripps noise. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no inside knowledge about;
1. How his body is
2. What he thinks about anyone

So, I'm willing to give the champ the benefit of the doubt after a couple of lean years based on his output which includes ;
Leigh Matthews Trophy: 2019
2× All-Australian team: 2018, 2019
3× John Nicholls Medal: 2015, 2018, 2019
I think he deserves it

At the same age, here is someone else stats....
1x AFLPA Best first year player
1x AFLCA Champion player of the year:
1× All-Australian team:
1× John Nicholls Medal:
1x International rules player
Captain

8 years later and another 135 games added and only 1x B+F and 1xAA was added to that list....and everyone would agree his career was downhill from there.

That player.....Marc Murphy.
Which player was better? First half of career Murphy or 2nd half?
Given Cripps is a much more inside player with more injuries and a shorter career expected....why would you expect him to be better in the 2nd half of his career?

Reply #1242
At the same age, here is someone else stats....
1x AFLPA Best first year player
1x AFLCA Champion player of the year:
1× All-Australian team:
1× John Nicholls Medal:
1x International rules player
Captain

8 years later and another 135 games added and only 1x B+F and 1xAA was added to that list....and everyone would agree his career was downhill from there.

That player.....Marc Murphy.
Given Cripps is a much more inside player with more injuries and a shorter career expected....why would you expect him to be better in the 2nd half of his career?

And did we protect Murph or did we let his body become banged up too? So rather than put proper help around Cripps, we’re going to send him off?

Like DT, Cripps needs support! Let’s put that in place and see how he goes.

Reply #1243
Errrr, is that a rhetorical question, because I thought you said earlier you didn't care what my opinion was and as I said earlier, I'm not interested in the tit for tat thing. MY OPINION is we don't get rid of the champ. That's it. Nothing you put forward to the contrary will change MY OPINION.

Reply #1244
And did we protect Murph or did we let his body become banged up too? So rather than put proper help around Cripps, we’re going to send him off?

Like DT, Cripps needs support! Let’s put that in place and see how he goes.
Cripps' body is already shot. Don't repeat the mistakes of the past.

Walsh is the future. Don't ask him to bust his gut chasing Cripps' man too, find a bloke who can and will chase their own man.
Protect him!