Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 8194 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #15
It didn't help going with only five forwards for most of the day  ::)

shocking coaching.

Teague confirmed to me he's not up to it....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
That’s exactly as I saw the game
I’d also throw Plowman in with the ta ta group

The truth is that all of Setterfield, Curnow, Martin, Plowman, Newnes are barely AFL standard, whilst Kennedy, Newman are too often average. Fogarty ison the cusp. Martin hot and cold

Way too many passengers

Yet, it was just bad kicking that cost us.

Reply #17
shocking coaching.

Teague confirmed to me he's not up to it....

We were very short down back. Might not have had alot of choice. Not much wrong with Teague today. One thing he doesn't have under control is a score of 2.14.

Reply #18
Prematch no one on the site gave us a chance, most predicted a 3-4 goal loss. We lose a key defender and backup ruckman prematch and have no adequate replacements in the wings and are forced to use two spuds…  and what did we lose by???

Did you miss the soft, insipid repeated turnover coming out of the back line all night?

And others all over the ground really.

That's nothing to do with losing a few players.

Our guys are mentally very weak.

Picking blokes like Setters doesn't help - hope that bloke donates his pay check to a charity this week.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19
I'm tired of the injuries excuse.   If Martin is injured - as some suggest - then dont play him. If he is fit,  then drop him,  his work rate is not up to scratch.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
Today's game was a perfect example of what happens when there are too many list cloggers with poor foot skills.  Until they are delisted, traded, whatever, we are not going to trouble the top 8.

Reply #21
I'm tired of the injuries excuse.   If Martin is injured - as some suggest - then dont play him. If he is fit,  then drop him,  his work rate is not up to scratch.
I’m actually impressed with blokes like Martin Williams and Cripps who put there hand up to play while injured all on big money and are willing to risk further injury to do the team thing. If we had someone else great rest em but don’t bag them they don’t select themselves bag the selectors

Reply #22
I’m actually impressed with blokes like Martin Williams and Cripps who put there hand up to play while injured all on big money and are willing to risk further injury to do the team thing. If we had someone else great rest em but don’t bag them they don’t select themselves bag the selectors
If players are injured they need resting, the season was done a while back.....Martin was ordinary, Williams fair and Cripps was banged up from last week and shouldnt have played.

Reply #23
Yet, it was just bad kicking that cost us.

Fremantle could say the same against us last week.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #24
Fremantle could say the same against us last week.

What the other side does is not our problem. We control only thing that are under our control. We were the better side most of last week anyway. That just had that 10 min burst of 3.5 that made it closer than it was. Even then we kicked 2.5 in the last qtr anyway.

Reply #25
Prematch no one on the site gave us a chance, most predicted a 3-4 goal loss. We lose a key defender and backup ruckman prematch and have no adequate replacements in the wings and are forced to use two spuds…  and what did we lose by???
Agree but if we kicked 5 straight as we should have, we would have put real pressure on them and we would have believed we could win. Not saying we would have won, but it would have looked real different. Instead, all the they had to do was kick one every now and then and they would maintain a lead. Scoreboard pressure is like no other form of pressure.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
If players are injured they need resting, the season was done a while back.....Martin was ordinary, Williams fair and Cripps was banged up from last week and shouldnt have played.
Actually, win today would have put us on the tip end of the 8. We don't have alot left to bring in. Probably Fisher, Honey and a couple of kids.

Reply #27
Agree but if we kicked 5 straight as we should have, we would have put real pressure on them and we would have believed we could win. Not saying we would have won, but it would have looked real different. Instead, all the they had to do was kick one every now and then and they would maintain a lead. Scoreboard pressure is like no other form of pressure.
At worst an "edge of the seat" game.

Reply #28
Did you miss the soft, insipid repeated turnover coming out of the back line all night?

And others all over the ground really.

That's nothing to do with losing a few players.

Our guys are mentally very weak.

Picking blokes like Setters doesn't help - hope that bloke donates his pay check to a charity this week.
I reckon Cottrel would have been a better choice than Setterfield, at least he would have bashed and crashed more which what you need vs Geel.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29
What the other side does is not our problem. We control only thing that are under our control. We were the better side most of last week anyway. That just had that 10 min burst of 3.5 that made it closer than it was. Even then we kicked 2.5 in the last qtr anyway.

Who controlled the game today?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!