Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 8355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #45
I'm prepared to give Martin a chance as he has shown his skill and talent in the past.

The better teams would never have paid what we did for this bloke. And yet there are still those who want to give him more chances.

Cameo player and even then it’s when it matters little then goes missing for big chunks of games and rarely if ever influences the outcome. Sadly we are paying A grade rates on a bloke that is nothing more then a C grader at best.

Reply #46
An extra tall back would have helped for sure, but I'm not convinced it was the difference. I think the back 6/7 did a great job. Apart from goal kicking, I think ball use, decision making and pressure up the ground were bigger issues tonight. Teague said in the post match that even though we laid the same number of tackles as the Cats, our tackles weren't effective because the Cats players too often were able to dish off and keep the ball moving.

One of our poorer games for the year IMO. Apart from the 1st q, the game was played mostly on their terms.

Reply #47
Late to the party, so please excuse me but @PaulP you mentioned in the in game thread about Plowman playing on Radagalea (sp?)
Who do you think should have manned him ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #48
An extra tall back would have helped for sure, but I'm not convinced it was the difference. I think the back 6/7 did a great job. Apart from goal kicking, I think ball use, decision making and pressure up the ground were bigger issues tonight. Teague said in the post match that even though we laid the same number of tackles as the Cats, our tackles weren't effective because the Cats players too often were able to dish off and keep the ball moving.

One of our poorer games for the year IMO. Apart from the 1st q, the game was played mostly on their terms.
Effective tackles should be a stat as should failed tackles.......when you only play five players down forward you are always going be playing the game on the other teams terms and in their half. Thought our defenders did a good job and in Weiterings case a great job.....

Reply #49
Late to the party, so please excuse me but @PaulP you mentioned in the in game thread about Plowman playing on Radagalea (sp?)
Who do you think should have manned him ?

There wasn't really anyone else to do the job. It was a comment about our selection circumstances rather than a knock on Plowman. But Esava was not the reason we lost tonight.

Reply #50
Honey
Kemp
Carroll
Ramsay

At least two of those should have played.  

You didn’t notice the big strong developed Geelong bodies out there ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #51
Effective tackles should be a stat as should failed tackles.......when you only play five players down forward you are always going be playing the game on the other teams terms and in their half. Thought our defenders did a good job and in Weiterings case a great job.....

Inside 50 tackles were 12-5.
Our forward 50 pressure was non existent.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52

If you have 5 forward, it means an extra mid or an extra back. The Cats had 56 I50's, and a number like that is an up-the-ground issue, the result of turnovers, lack of pressure etc. Not sure how an extra tall back would have been the difference between a win and a loss. Fix up our ball use, goal kicking, tackles that halt ball movement etc., and it's a whole other ball game IMO.

Reply #53
Thought Plowman was one of our best.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #54
Yes, just watched the presser. Mention how strong Geelong were the way they stood up in the tackle.

Said ball use going forward and kicking at goal is what killed us. Said you can't win games like that with that type of kicking at goal.

Reply #55
I know the Maths says we could make it but we are relying on other teams losing and I think Richmond and GWS will win their fair share between now and seasons end.
Honey and Fisher cant be any worse than Martin.....list management has been average, I know we have injuries but have had no KP defense back up and should have taken a tall KP in the mid season draft who can play both ends. Why we picked another small in Boyd is beyond me. Teague has his detractors but he up against it with what he has to work with...

I know you’re talking mid season draft, but we did take McDonald in the Pre season, who looked hand before getting injured.
So they did address it, sort of… 🙄
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #56
I never thought we’d win but I also didn’t think we’d have a multitude of scoring shots and if only for indirect kicking, could’ve been way in front either!

Ah extremely frustrating game to watch and hope not to see a repeat of again any time soon.

I hate the Cats and their whinging coach and players and am particularly still bitter at Henderson and Tuohy and wish them ZERO ultimate success at all.

Not sure who setters was on unless it was grass between players - if so, he did a good job manning it.

Also please for the love of all things, attack the ball when you’re marking, have awareness of your surrounds and no more dinky fcking kicks. Please.

Reply #57
Honey aint no midget.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #58
Bad kicking is bad football.

Lack of composure lost us that one.

I lost count of the number of times we were in the box seat to score or create a scoring opportunity only to mis kick, fumble or choose the wrong option to the cats advantage and we were still half a chance.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #59
Honey aint no midget.
 Miles off AFL level from what I've seen, plays 5 minutes here or there in VFL at best.
The Force Awakens!