Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 18: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7064 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 18: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #105
I'm not sure whether it's been mentioned but did anyone else feel something changed when Jack kicked his goal.
The team got around him and it may have been the spark that got things going.

Yep, it sure did help, a lot.

I thought the boys were 'on' from the get-go but seemed to, in psych terms, be 'over aroused' which led to errors... that Rottingwood capitalized on.

The SOJ/SOS/Serge motivation was palpable with ample evidence to support such an observation. One of many was the terrific care shown by Stocker for SOJ... along with TDK and others.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #106
My one last observation about the game is that Carlton looks a lot better when Big H kicks goals in the last quarter instead of points.

Reply #107
my big worry is that again we fell behind (20pts ) against a bottom 4 side and again we played 1 quarter of football ,glad we won for sergio and family though.

Reply #108
my big worry is that again we fell behind (20pts ) against a bottom 4 side and again we played 1 quarter of football ,glad we won for sergio and family though.
This is 2021 football, we need to get use to the huge momentum swings under the current rules.

It's the team that adjusts the fastest and makes the most of those changes that will win the game, the Handbaggers manage it very well, makes them always look in control, Pies couldn't put on the brakes when we got a roll on, even Grundy started to struggle.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110
Bit cocky of him to do that.   Wonder if he pullef up a bit stiff after the game.