Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 18: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7045 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 18: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Does Teague & his assistants get any credit for the comeback? Did he adjust after the Pies took the lead? Even if he didn’t, he should get credit for not panicking and allowing the players to fight back. The players’ effort also shows he hasn’t lost the players.

Just had a quick scan of the in-game thread.

Plenty hear had Teague sacked and Clarko in before his seat was even cold. No faith in this club!

Doubt those same people will give him any credit for the win.

Reply #16
When we came to play half way through q2, I thought we'd win IF we could maintain the pressure. A big IF.

I thought the centre bounce chain 👑 - Dow - Kennedy goal, with a touch of class from Eddie typified our game. Great signs in the absence of both captains. Suggests we are developing some midfield depth alongside our solid defense. Our defense had the wobbles following injuries, but showed today who is boss!

Congratulations to Captain Weiters.

All strength to SOS. I suspect Serge was inducted onto the Footy Gods Board today, and that he would be beaming with pride.

Very gutsy performance against a side that's had our number for years. Not today 🥧🥧🥧
It's our party now 🎉
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
I do like Fisher.  In and at it :)

Reply #18
After a crappy start to the year we have equalled last year at 7-10. Better than 4-9. 3 of the last 4. Could argue we handed Geelong last week's game.

Reply #19
@Baggers - That win showed what I was talking about in the pregame, player driven. Despite playing crapola early, they never gave up, they never dropped their heads, Waslh and Weitering (and Jones) were pure inspiration for 4 qtrs. Everyone around them were a shambles, they just kept plugging away and inspired their team mates. Thats how I saw it anyway.

Jones was a little out of it early, but, sheesh, didn't he work back into the game beautifully. Great stuff.

Whatever was changed a month back is working so well... the effort for every game in the past 4 weeks has been first rate. Fantastic to see them get reward for effort. Especially terrific considering our 'outs'.

Apart from the obvious champs, gotta give a shout out to Kennedy and Dow... their efforts were relentless and so hard at it. Along with Williams and Martin stepping up and finally imposing themselves. Onward and upward.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Maybe play Cripps forward until Charlie returns given the lack of height there. Cripps is a decent contested mark and may handle playing forward well.

We have a decent record when Cripps doesn't play. Others who we thought we average step right up when they get to play a familiar role.

Reply #21
Does Teague & his assistants get any credit for the comeback? Did he adjust after the Pies took the lead? Even if he didn’t, he should get credit for not panicking and allowing the players to fight back. The players’ effort also shows he hasn’t lost the players.
Weiters said in the post game they took away their easy uncontested marks (and possession) by playing in front. Who made that adjustment (coaches or players) I dont know.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Oh and three highlights for me:
1. H kicking his 50th for the year (first since Walker in 2011)
2. Stockers bone cruncher in the last, that sound!
3. Superstars (Walsh goal to put us in front ((or was it Eddie)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
Whatever was changed a month back is working so well... the effort for every game in the past 4 weeks has been first rate. Fantastic to see them get reward for effort. Especially terrific considering our 'outs'.

The biggest thing has been the opposition really....and confidence that we deserve to win.

Reply #24
I do like Fisher.  In and at it :)
Saw him start a fight in the last which I liked also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
Loved Stockers hit in the last minute.

Reply #26
Having a spit and a Charlie Melton tonight in memory of Sergio.... Thank you Carlton, you delivered today when you had to.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Fun fact of the day....

Jack Silvagni was our =5th tallest player today, listed at 191cm. (Jones, Weitering, TDK, Harry)
Lachie Plowman is the same height (although some suggest he is 193cm), and is asked to play on the Eddie Betts' types.

2 blokes, same height.....asked to play on the tallest and smallest of opposition.

Jack gets credit for playing ruck and punching above his weight......which he should.
Plowman gets chastised routinely because the smaller types give him a hard time. - Fair is fair. Give the bloke some credit.

Reply #28
Another shout out to Newnes, Saad and Williams who fought on in discomfort with early injuries. Bravo, boys.

Stocker, you're a bloody ripper.

Well Skippered, Weiters.

As GTC said, everyone stood up when, really, really, really required.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
Having a spit and a Charlie Melton tonight in memory of Sergio.... Thank you Carlton, you delivered today when you had to.

I reckon a little Grappa might be just the "shot."  ;)