Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 10902 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #120
Expect Cripps to spend more time up forward.

He’s taller and as heavy as Wayne Carey!!

Reply #121
Confirmed!!!!
Yep, thats gonna hurt. He loves the fast deck at Marvel.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
Wonder if there was any temptation to play Charlie this week?

Reply #123
Wonder if there was any temptation to play Charlie this week?
No guts no glory. I could only imagine how much he pestered Russell and Teague to let him play alongside Big Bro for his 200th.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #124
If the club knew about this it makes the selections a tad strange, because you would think we'll have to play SoJ forward which removes him from resting ruck duties!

Surely we won't be rucking Cripps in the middle! :o

As much as I love Crippa, he's not a patch on the others as a forward option.

Kennedy out of the midfield and forward would be almost a crime after his last two weeks, so who if it's not SoJ that goes forward?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #125
We couldn't get a kick in a horse stable

Reply #126
Might even have to play Jones forward and in the ruck and back Weitering in to cover Larkey.

Reply #127
Might even have to play Jones forward and in the ruck and back Weitering in to cover Larkey.
Funny, I thought the very reverse, I had a lot of exposure to Weiters as a KPF when he was a junior I can tell you unequivocally he can play as a KPF, but even that is tempting fate. I don't want to see Weiters rucking in the middle, at stoppages inside the arc is OK if needed.

Jones did do OK in the VFL when he had to ruck in rotations with Kerr(Pat), but we've never seen Jones ruck in the AFL.

It almost feels a late change is required to get this sorted, Kemp in a debut reshuffle, Charlie won't play this week?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #128
WTF is going on with our injuries..

All the talk is about the Tiggers injury crisis. FARK…

I was confident about tomorrow now I’m shaken in my moon boots. This will be a good test of our coaching group.
Outside of the box strategy required. I would play the skipper out of the square and leave the back 6 as they are….

Reply #129
Another question is what are North going to do, who do Ben Mc and Walker play on? Especially when SOS is having a run in the ruck. Could we turn that in to an advantage somehow? Time for some creative coaching. Get the ball on the ground as quick as possible and let the smalls go to work. Maybe lots of rotations through the mid and forward between Crippa, Kennedy, Martin, Samo, Fish.  Never let the defence settle, lots of forward movement and no bombs in.  Or Maybe just stick Walsh at Full forward, the way he's going he'll kick 10!

Reply #130
play Charlie.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #131
play Charlie.

Not even Carlton could be that stupid could they, that would reek of desperation. Out for 2 years, plays half a game in a scratch match and they throw him in to a game where our key forward is out and he would be the main target, surely not. Back the guys in that have been performing ok the last few weeks.

Reply #132
At the start of the year, we were all wondering how we could fit Harry, Charlie, Levi and the Gov into the one forward line.

It would have been nice to have at least one of them playing tomorrow.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #133
At the start of the year, we were all wondering how we could fit Harry, Charlie, Levi and the Gov into the one forward line.

It would have been nice to have at least one of them playing tomorrow.......
Or Pitto fit so he and TDK could rotate forward, or at least McDonald ...Never seen so many talls injured at once.

Reply #134
Cripps might have to play FF given Kennedy and Dow held up last week in the middle. Temptation is to play Charlie but I'd just hold off for another week. Bit of adversity might see Cripps stand up and do what a few of us think he should be doing and thats spend more time forward and learn the craft. His kicking is wonky from 30m plus out but I'd back him to kick a few from closer in and a good player is going to have to play on him so others might get more opportunities like Betts, Martin and Owies.
We need to lower the eyes pin point a few players in space down forward and give the long bomb kick away.
Good test for coach and players to think their way through a bit of adversity and I'd rather lose Harry vs Nth than any other team..