Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 10911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #15
I am looking forward to the McKay twins playing on one another......
Might be a tough day for Harry with brother Ben and Tarrant for company, hopefully we can spread the goals around.

Reply #16
Might be a tough day for Harry with brother Ben and Tarrant for company, hopefully we can spread the goals around.

Kick it in front of him and let him run onto it and he'll murder them. Bomb it in high on his head and he is a sitting duck. Its a simple game that is often made complicated for no apparent reason.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
I am looking forward to the McKay twins playing on one another......

Likely to fight and wrestle each other all day, if you believe the way they talk about each other growing up.
Would like to see Ben at Carlton as a replacement for Jones who will is coming to the end of his career in the next couple of years.

Reply #18

If Cripps is fit, I’d like to see him spend a fair bit of time forward.  He would demand attention from one of North’s key defenders and ease the pressure on Harry.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Likely to fight and wrestle each other all day, if you believe the way they talk about each other growing up.
Would like to see Ben at Carlton as a replacement for Jones who will is coming to the end of his career in the next couple of years.

If Ben comes to Carlton (which won’t happen), Harry would leave  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
If Casboult is fit I think he plays....his form isn't great but it would take the pressure off TDK and Harry at times.

Reply #21
If Casboult is fit I think he plays....his form isn't great but it would take the pressure off TDK and Harry at times.

Do North play a 2nd ruckman?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
Do North play a 2nd ruckman?
Tristan Xerri....big unit and can kick a goal, Goldstein rucks for 90% of the game usually so Xerri spends a lot of time forward or on the bench.

Reply #23
Tristan Xerri....big unit and can kick a goal, Goldstein rucks for 90% of the game usually so Xerri spends a lot of time forward or on the bench.
I think De Koning will have the backup covered, as long as we can give him some decent chop out against Goldstein.

Late in last weekends game, SoJ even won a tap against Grundy, and our guys started roving very well to Grundy's tap work. The thing with ruck work is, even if you lose, as long as you are smart about how you lose you can determine roughly where the taps will go.

I realise Norp won't be caught out as they've had a heads up, but I think it's worth another run to see if SoJ can find a way to persist. Goldstein isn't super mobile, if De Koning and SoJ can square a few contests and then use quick recovery to join the contest, it can work for us.

In any case, I won't be at all surprised to see Goldstein stay defensive side and float back in front of BigH.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
I think De Koning will have the backup covered, as long as we can give him some decent chop out against Goldstein.

But late in last weekends game, SoJ even won a tap against Grundy, and our guys started roving very well to Grundy's tap work.

I realise Norp won't be caught out as they've had a heads up, but I think it's worth another run to see if SoJ can find a way to persist.
Grundy is a ball playing very fair minded player who doesnt do much damage physically to the opposition.
I'd expect Goldstein and Xerri to be a bit more physical than Grundy , playing pretend ruckman like Jack works for a while but
other teams will exploit it sooner than later and we will need Levi back. I wouldnt want to play Stkilda and Port with just TDK....

Reply #25
Grundy is a ball playing very fair minded player who doesnt do much damage physically to the opposition.
I'd expect Goldstein and Xerri to be a bit more physical than Grundy , playing pretend ruckman like Jack works for a while but
other teams will exploit it sooner than later and we will need Levi back. I wouldnt want to play Stkilda and Port with just TDK....
I think De Koning has dealt with Xerri before, but I could be wrong.

I agree about Goldstein being heavier opposition than Grundy, which is why De Koning will need more of a chop out than last week. However, if De Koning gets on his bike Goldstein will not keep up.

They have that other kid coming back from injury, the mid-season pick Jacob Edwards who was starring for Sandi, but I'm not sure he'll come straight into AFL. A tall skinny, 205cm x 90kg.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
 Yep, inside info.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
people getting excited about kennedy but his game against cats was poor,but he was good against pies,just think club should wait before discussing contracts ,we will see how he goes on a quick track and a quick north.

Reply #28
people getting excited about kennedy but his game against cats was poor,but he was good against pies,just think club should wait before discussing contracts ,we will see how he goes on a quick track and a quick north.
Kennedy is primarily an inside mid, but he does OK, I think Cripps playing injured hasn't helped these guys much because they hang back when the captain is about.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
I think De Koning has dealt with Xerri before, but I could be wrong.

I agree about Goldstein being heavier opposition than Grundy, which is why De Koning will need more of a chop out than last week. However, if De Koning gets on his bike Goldstein will not keep up.
Agree on TDK's mobility vs Goldstein, I think the Nth man might do a lot more resting up forward in this game as he can take a mark and Nth dont have much in terms of KP Forwards.
Two interesting players for Nth are Thomas and McDonald......the latter will take Walsh IMO and the former has gone to the next level as a player and will need a tag.
I'd expect a 5 goal plus win as Nth are very under equipped  and have their fair share of joe average players...