Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 10932 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #30
I'd expect a 5 goal plus win as Nth are very under equipped  and have their fair share of joe average players...
Yes, interestingly I thought the same thing, I reckon the result might come down to which team's B-Graders turn up on the day.

We can't expect guys like Walsh or Weitering to be the difference every week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Yes, interestingly I thought the same thing, I reckon the result might come down to which team's B-Graders turn up on the day.

We can't expect guys like Walsh or Weitering to be the difference every week.
Noble is a decent coach in the making IMO along the lines of Fagan but doesnt have much to work with
so its a lot of improvisation/training drill type plays.
Aaron Hall has been one of their best this season and was amongst the footy vs Essendon but that tells you a bit about
how Nth are travelling..
Could we be cheeky and rest Cripps for this game?

Reply #32
Could we be cheeky and rest Cripps for this game?
I think in the short term it makes us harder to match up on because we become less predictable, but it's only a plus because we've been playing Cripps broken, once he is fit and firing it all changes.

If Cripps is fit and we think Cunnington is back I'd play Cripps rather than have Cunnington beat up on Walsh and Kennedy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Cripps, Murphy and Casboult could be available for this game.

Who do we drop and who do we bring in?

I'd bring in Cripps rather than Casboult.

The Silvagni experiment is working, and he offers more around the ground over casboult. Cripps can play forward more and give Harry a chopout.

Maybe give Murphy a go if he is fit.

Those on the bubble....Cottrell, Newnes, Williamson.

Reply #34
Cripps for Newnes.

Murphy for Owies.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
Cripps for Newnes.

Murphy for Owies.
Thats what was reported elsewhere, Owies offers more than Murphy as a small forward. Not having it.

Play Martin on the wing, drop Cottrell (who plays on the wing) and play Murphy forward if thats what you wanna do.
OR
Murphy on the wing for Cottrell.

Reply #36
Thought Cottrell was ok, I'd keep Owies in to work with Eddie while he has the chance...not sure why Murphy is an automatic in, other than the 300 game target.
Think I'd be playing Casboult as my second ruck vs Goldstein...like to tune him up for some bigger games where he will be needed in the ruck more. Jack has done a good job as a part time follower but reality will hit us when its Ryder/Marshall in a couple of weeks time and I'd want Levi up and running and tuning his ruckwork in the preceding games.

Reply #37
Murphy as the sub
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #38
I'd expect a 5 goal plus win as Nth are very under equipped  and have their fair share of joe average players...

This is Carlton. I do not expect anything except the unexpected.

Reply #39
If Murphy is going to be an automatic in he has to contribute meaningfully.  I know the history and the occasion, but no free rides.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
If Murphy is going to be an automatic in he has to contribute meaningfully.  I know the history and the occasion, but no free rides.

Absolutely!  I’d love to see Murph get to 300 but, like every player on the list, he has to earn his spot each round.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #41
Murphy as the sub

Does being the sub count as a game if they don’t take the field?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
Its Ed's 200th and Charlie is harrassing the coaches trying to get back for this game.
Charlie was supposedly going to be back for next week.
Should we 'risk it' ?

Bring him back for Ed's 200th!

Casboult won't come up. It'd be good to have another athletic tall in the team.

Reply #43
Does being the sub count as a game if they don’t take the field?

Yes. He was a sub before he got injured and it counted. Just like a couple of first gamer's have been credited with a game without actually getting on the field.

Reply #44
Absolutely!  I’d love to see Murph get to 300 but, like every player on the list, he has to earn his spot each round.

Agreed. Murphy is running out of time. He has 4 games to go with 5 games till the end of the season. We would have to make finals to guarantee his 300 if he cannot get on the field in the next couple of games.

On another note Eddie has 4 games to 350 so we should see that in round 22 barring injuries. Hope he gets there as well. Personally I cannot see why he could not play on next year the way he is playing ATM.