Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 10901 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #75
Regardless of their ladder position, the Kangabies are in good form... and that will be a greater challenge for us than some might realise. Possibly even a more difficult opponent than the inconsistent Dagpies.

Especially important game for - Kennedy, can he back it up? Consistency has been an issue for him. Similar for Dow, can he back it up and even improve? And can H put together 4 qtrs?

Really important, also, for Martin & Williams to back it up and improve.

Roos with Cunnington (who will be back this week) are a tough opponent. He takes care of the heavy lifting which makes life a lot easier for their youngsters.

Reply #76
IG post saying Kemp will make his debut this week!

Reply #77
Roos with Cunnington (who will be back this week) are a tough opponent. He takes care of the heavy lifting which makes life a lot easier for their youngsters.

We will definitely need to work hard to win this one.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
north play modern game ,move the ball quickly all teams that play this way trouble us,just hope our coaching panel ready

Reply #80
I think even with Cunnington back who is a mean hombre around the coalface we should have Nth covered, they dont have much up forward now Ben Brown has left and our defense should be capable of keeping them to a low score.
I rate Noble as a coach and he knows how to build a list as he showed at Brisbane but they are still along way off us in terms of overall list talent IMO and this is a game we should win well with a bit more to play for in terms of still being in the hunt for finals and the coach needing to tally up some wins to cement his job.

Reply #81
I think even with Cunnington back who is a mean hombre around the coalface we should have Nth covered, they dont have much up forward now Ben Brown has left and our defense should be capable of keeping them to a low score.
I rate Noble as a coach and he knows how build a list as he showed at Brisbane but they are still along way off us in terms of overall list talent IMO and this is a game we should win well with a bit more to play for in terms of still being in the hunt for finals and the coach needing to tally up some wins to cement his job.

Yes EB, I agree that Noble has done a very good job after taking over a rabble.  If North can notch another couple of wins he could be up for coach of the year.

Who was it who used to go troppo when someone used the term "danger game"?  I don't think it's a danger game but, if we give North the slightest opportunity, they'll grab it.

Four quarters of good, hard footy and we'll notch up another win.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #82
Yes EB, I agree that Noble has done a very good job after taking over a rabble.  If North can notch another couple of wins he could be up for coach of the year.

Who was it who used to go troppo when someone used the term "danger game"?  I don't think it's a danger game but, if we give North the slightest opportunity, they'll grab it.

As others have said they might have the idea we are vulnerable to some physicality and attack players like Walsh, TDK etc
but as you say we need to be hard at the footy for 100mins and return fire if neccessary and our greater talent should prevail.
Main area that would concern me is Goldstein and their midfield group who probably lack a bit of class but are adept in the grunt work. TDK must be a tired lad after carrying the ruck duties for the last month....

Reply #83
From who?

Watched a video on Facebook that was put up. Looks like he's in.

Reply #84
Kemp in probably means that Murphy and/or Charlie are not.

Struggling to find 3 players worthy of being dropped from the side in order to make that happen. I don't think we have any new injuries.

Reply #85

Would be the first time we have done that this year since the praccy match v StK.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #86
If Cripps is fit to play then that's two ins.....maybe Cottrell and Newnes outs?

Reply #87
If Cripps is fit to play then that's two ins.....maybe Cottrell and Newnes outs?
I'd make Kemp the sub.....Thought Cottrell was ok and Newnes gives us a harder body in what might be a
tough scrappy encounter with Nth trying to drag us down to their level.

Reply #88
EB....as Kruddler said, any outs would be a tad unlucky after last week but if Cripps is fit he's a definite in. Would be a bit harsh to name a kid for his debut and then park him on the bench I reckon. Hopefully in a few more weeks it'll be even more difficult for selectors if they have blokes like Charlie to choose from as well.

Reply #89
I'd make Kemp the sub.....Thought Cottrell was ok and Newnes gives us a harder body in what might be a
tough scrappy encounter with Nth trying to drag us down to their level.

Can't make Kemp the sub.
Make Murphy the sub if you want.