Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 10920 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #90
If someone gets dropped this week they'll be unlucky, but they could use the "managed" out on someone like Newnes, who did actually cop a knock to the back, if Cripps is available.

Reply #91
I'd make Kemp the sub.....

Should be an unwritten rule. Don’t make kids on their debut a sub.  Imagine being sub, not getting on and the team wins….. very shallow ‘in the circle’ experience. 

Reply #92
Put Ed Curnow onto Cunnington in a tagging role. Shut him down and put time into him physically. Who else does North have?

Walsh and co can play their game.

Reply #93
Cripps the only IN at this stage.

Reply #94
Backs:

Adam Saad

Liam Jones

Nic Newman

Half-backs:

Lachie Plowman

Jacob Weitering

Zac Williams

Centreline:

Ed Curnow

Patrick Cripps

Sam Walsh

Half-forwards:

Jack Newnes

Jack Martin

Jack Silvagni

Forwards:

Zac Fisher

Harry McKay

Eddie Betts

Followers:

Tom De Koning

Paddy Dow

Matthew Kennedy

Interchange:

Liam Stocker

Sam Petrevski-Seton

Tom Williamson

Matthew Cottrell

Emergencies:

Brodie Kemp

Matthew Owies

Marc Murphy

Lochie O'Brien

IN: Cripps

OUT: Owies (managed)

Reply #95
Good to get Crippa back for this one. Hopefully he’s at full fitness.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
We could well end up needing him

Reply #97
Good to get Crippa back for this one. Hopefully he’s at full fitness.

Crippa going at half rat power is still a footballer to be reckoned with.

Hopefully, his teammates will build on last week and do the heavy lifting.  It would be nice to see Crippa on the end of chains of possessions ... and kicking truly.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #98
So much for Kemps debut. :s

Maybe a late out? With Kemp a late in? And Murphy as the sub??

Reply #99

Could be a question mark over the fitness of Newnes & Williams... if so, I reckon you're on the money, Monsieur K - in Kemp, Murphy sub... gets another game toward his 300th.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #100

If Kemp is to make his debut this season, and I hope he does, I’m sure there will be quite a bit of fuss made; announcement and guernsey presentation in a team meeting.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #101
Should be an unwritten rule. Don’t make kids on their debut a sub.  Imagine being sub, not getting on and the team wins….. very shallow ‘in the circle’ experience. 
I'll disagree, for me its a taste of senior footy and I'd make sure they did get on for 5-10 minutes if the game was won.
Chucking a kid in for a full game in a pressure situation when we are in the hunt for finals and the coach is under the pump
is unfair, especially one who has been playing down back. Sub this week, full game next week if it suits is how I would play it....

Reply #102
Crippa going at half rat power is still a footballer to be reckoned with.

Hopefully, his teammates will build on last week and do the heavy lifting.  It would be nice to see Crippa on the end of chains of possessions ... and kicking truly.

I admire your confidence DJC but I don’t think half rat power will cut it against the likes of Cunnington.

His team mates will certainly need to be backing him to the hilt.

Reply #103
I admire your confidence DJC but I don’t think half rat power will cut it against the likes of Cunnington.

His team mates will certainly need to be backing him to the hilt.
I'd say he will be managed Cookie, would think Kennedy or Curnow would take Cunnington. Cant see Cripps playing FT in the middle and think he will spend some time forward where Nth have one of the weaker defenses and he will probably cause a mismatch or too and hopefully wont be needed too much in the middle.

Reply #104
I'd say he will be managed Cookie, would think Kennedy or Curnow would take Cunnington. Cant see Cripps playing FT in the middle and think he will spend some time forward where Nth have one of the weaker defenses and he will probably cause a mismatch or too and hopefully wont be needed too much in the middle.

Fair enough EB. I am a bit concerned though as to who Cunnington might take, he may go for Cripps or Walsh and the decision won’t be ours? Agree, Cripps forward could be on the cards esp. with Charlie not playing.