Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 10691 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

With Covid striking again, will this game actually happen?
Can we beat the Road Kill when they are improving and we are losing key players every week?
Stay tuned to this channel ...
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #1
Looking forward to the Stocker vs Zurhaar matchup and hope our man gives the Nth man what he gave Liam Jones.
Make it happen DT...

Reply #2
Looking forward to the Stocker vs Zurhaar matchup and hope our man gives the Nth man what he gave Liam Jones.
Make it happen DT...

Zurhaar struggled with a shoulder injury today, maybe needs a rest!

Reply #4
Is there a chance Stocker gets a holiday for that Mihocek shepherd late in the game?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Yes,  plays for Carlton.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #6
Is there a chance Stocker gets a holiday for that Mihocek shepherd late in the game?
Looking at it just a few minutes ago, I would think not. But the guy struggled to get up and Stocker does wear a Navy Blue guernsey. Those are two negatives when it comes to the tribunal process.
 I wish I could think otherwise, but I recall Plowman being suspended for going at the ball.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
This is a game we have to win. Not to keep our finals chance alive but because we have been doing well over the past four weeks but because we just need to keep it going against sides like North Melbourne and Gold Coast.

Reply #8
Make it happen DT...

First time I really took great notice of Stocker was yesterday.  Could he be our 'smiling assassin'?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
Important to follow up here. Next 3 games are North, St.Kilda and Gold Coast here, 2 we should win and one 50/50. Dare say win them all and we are sitting in the 8. Can we maintain the motivation and rage though.

Reply #10
Important to follow up here. Next 3 games are North, St.Kilda and Gold Coast here, 2 we should win and one 50/50. Dare say win them all and we are sitting in the 8. Can we maintain the motivation and rage though.
I think this season it's more complex than just form lines, results are affected by unexpected travel, schedule changes, short recoveries, quarantine, etc., etc..

Who knows what ends up happening, I notice some of the AFL media are already suggesting the AFL must favour the club's already in the eight if there is to be bias in the schedule. Not an accident this comes from and is led by Flubbo's crew the week after the CheatsFC sneak into the eight, dressed up as concern for the unfair treatment of the Handgbaggers of course! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
I think this season it's more complex than just form lines, results are affected by unexpected travel, schedule changes, short recoveries, quarantine, etc., etc..

Yes, it's becoming almost more complex than 2020. Just watching Access All Areas now, and it seems as though everything is up for grabs. There's talk that games could swap rounds, that maybe the bye round before finals could be used if required to schedule any canceled games etc. It changes almost day to day.

Reply #12
Hopefully he plays and Stocker can massage his shoulder for him....

How many players have his presence and hardness with less then 20 games played.  Has more then a little of Luke Hodge about him. What he did to Mihocek who is a big unit when the game was over typifies this kids intentions. Fav of mine this kid.

Also while on the kids I will eat humble pie with paddy Dow. Was willing to concede he won’t make it but was clearly wrong.  Can see what others could now and all of a sudden this kid looks like he belongs. Could very well be an explosive mid that will compliment Walsh and Cripps nicely. Kennedy as well has finally delivered and even looks quicker his year.  What a pity Cunningham went down as he was the one I thought was ready to explode.

Reply #13
How many players have his presence and hardness with less then 20 games played.  Has more then a little of Luke Hodge about him. What he did to Mihocek who is a big unit when the game was over typifies this kids intentions. Fav of mine this kid.

Also while on the kids I will eat humble pie with paddy Dow. Was willing to concede he won’t make it but was clearly wrong.  Can see what others could now and all of a sudden this kid looks like he belongs. Could very well be an explosive mid that will compliment Walsh and Cripps nicely. Kennedy as well has finally delivered and even looks quicker his year.  What a pity Cunningham went down as he was the one I thought was ready to explode.
A lot of players step up with extra responsibility, Dow has more improvement in him as he still fades out of games and doesn't get big numbers but its his maturity with ball in hand that has made him impressive.
Stocker has big gonads and in our team that's been lacking for years, we need another couple like him to spread around the park.
Kudos to Matt Kennedy also for stepping up
and being a leader, nothing fancy about him but a good solid soldier who knows his limitations and gives us another stronger body around the ball.
TDK has also been sensational vs some tough hombres in the ruck...

Reply #14
I am looking forward to the McKay twins playing on one another......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?