Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd20: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 7127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd20: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #15
They have been travelling all over the country while we have been sleeping in our own beds. Has to be an advantage.

Only if we wake up and play competitive football

Reply #16
Be mighty helpful if Marshall cant play.....being the Jekyll and Hyde team we are we will probably come out motivated this week
and give a good performance.

Reply #17
We first of all need ALL players to be playing for the team and doing the team things rather than trying to be an individual hero. I think this is a major factor that is holding us back and stunting our development.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
I think it is important for both Charlie and the team that he plays a couple of games this year to give himself confidence to take on a full preseason with the comeback behind him and to kill the ‘Charlie speculation’ that would linger all the off season. Get him back, let him run around and get some confidence in his body, and then let him move forward like a normal player.

Reply #19
Krudd, mate, while if McKay is fit coming in is a no-brainer, the inclusion of Charlie, Kemp and or Honey/Ramsay would require some semblance of vision. Even if we did I still think we have no chance. This is a carbon copy of last year where we lost, by memory, 4 of the last 5 including one against the wooden spooner. The similarities are scary.

Charlie was basically told he wouldn't be in for Ed 200th but should be in for the next week...which is this game.

Kemp has had enough hitouts now that he should be given a crack at it.

Obviously Harry is an automatic.

I also think its time to give Honey and/or Ramsay a crack. Both have been in the emergencies at various stages this year and deserve their shot.

As mentioned, there will be a few forced outs - Williams and IMO Betts will make 2.
I have seen nothing from Cottrell for a month or more now that makes me think he deserves a spot in the side.
Williamson might be offering a smidge more, but not deserving either. Let Kemp try his role.
Murphy had no influence on the game and should be limped to 300 via the medical sub at most.

I don't think i'm asking much.

Reply #20
Charlie was basically told he wouldn't be in for Ed 200th but should be in for the next week...which is this game.

Kemp has had enough hitouts now that he should be given a crack at it.

Obviously Harry is an automatic.

I also think its time to give Honey and/or Ramsay a crack. Both have been in the emergencies at various stages this year and deserve their shot.

As mentioned, there will be a few forced outs - Williams and IMO Betts will make 2.
I have seen nothing from Cottrell for a month or more now that makes me think he deserves a spot in the side.
Williamson might be offering a smidge more, but not deserving either. Let Kemp try his role.
Murphy had no influence on the game and should be limped to 300 via the medical sub at most.

I don't think i'm asking much.
Williamson had a shocker, think he had Thomas and also may have had some time on Stephenson... be Kemp in for me.

Reply #21
Williamson had a shocker, think he had Thomas and also may have had some time on Stephenson...
I think he's been lucky to keep his spot for weeks, but he may as well of had a North jumper on yesterday, he couldn't have hurt us anymore if he did.

Reply #22
I think he's been lucky to keep his spot for weeks, but he may as well of had a North jumper on yesterday, he couldn't have hurt us anymore if he did.
Yep, going to struggle to stay on the list, ditto for Cottrell..
Honey and Ramsay in cant be any worse.. Honey should have played more games imo...

Reply #23
The Saints & Port games both are going to be really tough games, both need to cement a place for finals Saints perhaps a chance for the 8 and Port at home for top 4 spot so can’t see us getting close.
We should be a better chance against Suns , as for GWS another tough one, won’t be an easy game.

Reply #25
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-poised-for-return-to-friday-night-limelight-20210726-p58d0f.html
Effin great, we can showcase our zero pressure high turnover game plan on the Friday night big stage.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
So Betts and Williams out.  Players who are available to be selected who weren't in the team:

Who comes in?  Does anyone else go out?  Cupboard is bare.  I think the result will be a bit grim.  But it is the coaches fault.

LOB
Fogarty
McKay (doubtful)
McGovern
Carroll
Kemp
Parks
Durdin
Curnow C
Ramsay
Honey

Reply #27
We struggle to beat this mob even when we are going well.  No hope......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #28
We now hand 17 on the injured list.

MERCY RULE PLEASE….

Reply #29
Prime time Friday night slot! I can hear the howls of derision now from others about how we stunk it up.....again.