Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 20: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 12392 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 20: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #167
IMO, he's more like Sergio than Steve.
Funny you mention that, he seems to have grown/filled out a little and the other night, watching him run to contest, I commented to my daughter his gait and the way he moves, to me at least, is all Stephen. Either way, he's a Silvagni.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #169
I think he looks more like Jo.....😉
Agree, his face is all Jo. The bandy legs though...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #170
I think he looks more like Jo.....😉

Yes, no doubt his face is all Jo, but I was talking more about the positions he plays and the way he goes about his football.

Reply #171
Yes, no doubt his face is all Jo, but I was talking more about the positions he plays and the way he goes about his football.

Yes for sure, he has good genes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #172
Yep he does have the Bandy bent legs and to me is more of a hybrid between Serge and Stephen which isnt a bad thing.
Tough acts to follow for Jack but he has handled himself so well over his career and is starting to get recognized as a  player in his own right now and he owns that 3rd forward tall spot in our best 22.

Reply #173

I know it was just a poor attempt of sarcasm on my behalf..

Reply #175
I know it was just a poor attempt of sarcasm on my behalf..

No worries. You could make a pretty solid case either way I reckon.

All the talk for future captain is around Walsh / Weitering. I wonder if Jack might be a bit of a smokey for the position, like his nonno ?

Reply #176
In your opinion, what do you think his team mates think? Axe him now or get him over the line?

I'll provide a different take on things....not necessarily one i believe, but a plausible one at least.

Perhaps the club nursing a player to 300 games sends a positive message to the playing group.
If you bust your butt for us, stay loyal to us, then we will have your back.

That kind of logic may be the difference between players re-signing or taking up offers elsewhere.

....or it could piss off the bloke who is 24th in line for a game (behind Murphy)

Reply #177
To be honest, I think a key aspect of Friday's win was Josh Honey's performance - we have been searching for the next small pressure forward, and from what I saw, he has all the makings.  For someone in just his third game (well, second if you only count game time), his first half was exceptional. 

And, he is the only Carlton player who has never played in a loss!

I was impressed with Honey's game too. He reads the play well, has a strong core, is quick, confident, and creative. Dare I say it, his development in the 2's has been sound.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #178
I'll provide a different take on things....not necessarily one i believe, but a plausible one at least.

Perhaps the club nursing a player to 300 games sends a positive message to the playing group.
If you bust your butt for us, stay loyal to us, then we will have your back.

That kind of logic may be the difference between players re-signing or taking up offers elsewhere.

....or it could piss off the bloke who is 24th in line for a game (behind Murphy)

That bloke is likely number 35-40 on our list currently so they will get more opportunities (or have already had their papers stamped.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #179
No worries. You could make a pretty solid case either way I reckon.

All the talk for future captain is around Walsh / Weitering. I wonder if Jack might be a bit of a smokey for the position, like his nonno ?

I'd have Jack in that conversation in a heartbeat. His commitment is enduring and motivation pure.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.