Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 20: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 12271 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 20: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #30
Why hasn't Honey been playing. Clearly one of our best small forward performances for the year. Absolutely an AFL level player.

O'Brien 21 pos. including 4 goal assists (probably the best by a Carlton player this season). Ridiculous how the club has left him to rot all season.

Graham and Kemp should also be playing. Newnes and Plowman.... not so much.

Betts and Owies have been playing pretty good footy.

Reply #31
It was a damned fine performance.  COMPLETE opposite of last week.

Reply #32
Betts and Owies have been playing pretty good footy.

Murphy? No way known Murphy should have played the last 2 games. If he plays again this year it is a farce. We are a farce. It was like playing with 17 when he was on today. Robbing a younger / better player of a game just because he's close to an arbitrary number. Couldn't care less if he finishes on 297 and nor should he. If he's not good enough it would be a hollow 300th anyway.

Reply #33
Murphy? No way known Murphy should have played the last 2 games. If he plays again this year it is a farce. We are a farce. It was like playing with 17 when he was on today. Robbing a younger / better player of a game just because he's close to an arbitrary number. Couldn't care less if he finishes on 297 and nor should he. If he's not good enough it would be a hollow 300th anyway.

disagree, we must get him to 300.

And I'm not a fan of Smurf....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
Why hasn't Honey been playing. Clearly one of our best small forward performances for the year. Absolutely an AFL level player.

O'Brien 21 pos. including 4 goal assists (probably the best by a Carlton player this season). Ridiculous how the club has left him to rot all season.

🤣🤣
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #35

You better call Nicks manager to arrange that.

He hasn't been on the list for a few years now.  :o

Reply #36
Seems like the Cerra / Seton swap is on. 

Reply #37
Ok Jeza.
So we give the few games to… who?? Who has been beating down the door for selection
And attention? Tell me….?

Reply #38
Seems like the Cerra / Seton swap is on. 
Wgaf.
Putting on record now. Samo is SMART with the ball. We just could not use him as such.

Reply #39
Ruckmen are overrated.
Fair Point, Saints won all the ruck tapouts but they amounted to nothing, Jack was more useful playing that following role until he got too tired to jump in the last. We wont get away with every week and we probably got lucky Ryder was out who is a more skilled palmer of the ball. Hats off to Jack though who battled on well all night and was a real competitor..

Reply #40
Fair Point, Saints won all the ruck tapouts but they amounted to nothing, Jack was more useful playing that following role until he got too tired to jump in the last. We wont get away with every week and we probably got lucky Ryder was out who is a more skilled palmer of the ball. Hats off to Jack though who battled on well all night and was a real competitor..
Point is, we virtually played without a ruckman but they divised a plan to combat it and they executed. 22 players went out and contributed irrespective of injuries.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
See the numbers below.

Watched the whole game post Q1 and I just didn't see Steele as a factor?

Tom Mitchellesque?
Played on Cripps mainly who he probably beat as our man was just ok IMO, and would have Steele as Stkildas best but I wouldnt have him in the top 10 on the ground and those 36 possies didnt do much damage.

Reply #42
Re: Honey...tend to agree with Jezza on this one and I know ProfE is a fan as well, showed why he deserved more games tonight.
Creative to help others, strong body and can find the goals, been surprised he hasnt played more, maybe needs to learn more about the defensive aspects of the game but the seniors is where this kid will develop quicker. Like Stocker he looks the part out there and both play a good hard brand that I like.
Re: Murphy...yep doesnt deserve a game based on his form IMO and I'd prefer to see Carroll or Ramsay in but I get why he is being
played and carried through to the 300 as its a rare feat that should be celebrated in what has been an ordinary season..

Reply #43
SOS
25 disp
9 tackles
1 goal
6 clearances
Fair nights work
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #44

Re: Murphy...yep doesnt deserve a game based on his form IMO and I'd prefer to see Carroll or Ramsay in but I get why he is being
played and carried through to the 300 as its a rare feat that should be celebrated in what has been an ordinary season..

It is easy to see both sides of whether he should or shouldn't be selected but I was embarrassed for him tonight - unable to seriously contribute and, despite being fresher than the opposition, he couldn't get out of his own way let alone doing anything against an opponent.