Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 21: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 7012 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 21: Carlton vs Gold Coast

A game we should win: which means it probably isn't going to easy. We are very frustrating in that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 21: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Too many hot potato type players today, it's no point counting stats when you see so so many handballs and hot kicks to nobody. Too many players avoiding contact, with snap rushed disposals, our list is massively imbalanced in this aspect.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Headless chooks.

Slow ball movement, insanely slow ball movement.

Non existent game plan.

Never got numbers around the ball.

Every time we're expected to win, we fold.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3

That's us!
Hospital list will be interesting.
Time for a few operations.

Reply #4
This is simply a rotten club. They show what they can do when they have a crack in the rare times they put in. Sadly they don't do it enough on a weekly basis.

Teague isn't going to survive that, like Ratten wasn't in 2012. Best we start looking I suppose so we get in ahead of Collingwood. Start at Don Pyke. Let's see if we can kill his career off.

Reply #5
Disgraceful effort from the players...Teague will wear the flak but our attack on the ball and effort was minimal like it was vs North.
The Suns are horrible, Weitering did his job on their only forward of note and we still lost.....got beat up around the ball by Miller, Anderson and Powell, hardly the cream of the crop in terms of midfields.
As LP said...players avoiding contact, not wanting to chase, man up and do the basics. I hope they are happy watching the bloke who had their back all year cop it from the media and probably get the Ar$e.
Wouldnt be surprised if Teague resigns this week, why wait for the Knife.....

Reply #6
Way too many hacks out there

The issue?
VFL at most clubs = Newnes, Plowman, Newman, LOB
Plus Fisher was putrid, Betts putrid, Dow putrid, Kennedy poor, etc etc the latter two too inconsistent
Plus our Captain won’t run back, Jack Martin can’t keep his feet and C Curnow can’t jump

50% of the starting 22. No hope.

All over for another year

Reply #7
So typical of a overhyped team.

This club year after year after year sucks many of us into thinking we are capable of something and really taking a step but fails every single time whenever we have even the slightest thing to play for.

Not sure its as simple as a new coach. Have overrated footballers on every line. A new coach wont fix that without another cleanout.

Reply #8
And nearing the end of another season we remain the same unmotivated, undisciplined, shockingly inconsistent side that we've been for years. Same old, same old.

Worse than disappointing - again.

Will we have to sit through the remaining 2 games of the season with the status quo?

Is there anyone in our football department who actually understands our game? Winning? Persistent intensity? There are obviously a good few people in our football department who should feel guilty accepting their pay packet.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Disgraceful effort from the players...Teague will wear the flak but our attack on the ball and effort was minimal like it was vs North.
The Suns are horrible, Weitering did his job on their only forward of note and we still lost.....got beat up around the ball by Miller, Anderson and Powell, hardly the cream of the crop in terms of midfields.
As LP said...players avoiding contact, not wanting to chase, man up and do the basics. I hope they are happy watching the bloke who had their back all year cop it from the media and probably get the Ar$e.
Wouldnt be surprised if Teague resigns this week, why wait for the Knife.....

Only reason you'd wait is for the payout. Ratts would know how he feels.

Next sucker!

Reply #10
This is simply a rotten club. They show what they can do when they have a crack in the rare times they put in. Sadly they don't do it enough on a weekly basis.

Teague isn't going to survive that, like Ratten wasn't in 2012. Best we start looking I suppose so we get in ahead of Collingwood. Start at Don Pyke. Let's see if we can kill his career off.

Absolutely rotten to the core, soulless rabble. And it's way deeper than the coach and players.

I'm of the firm belief that the Pratt's and Mathison's are the poison that run thru the club.

Reply #11
Way too many hacks out there

The issue?
VFL at most clubs = Newnes, Plowman, Newman, LOB
Plus Fisher was putrid, Betts putrid, Dow putrid, Kennedy poor, etc etc the latter two too inconsistent
Plus our Captain won’t run back, Jack Martin can’t keep his feet and C Curnow can’t jump

50% of the starting 22. No hope.

All over for another year

You watch the way the brownlow goes this year, the opposition's most dominant player is almost exclusively opposed to Cripps EVERY SINGLE WEEK. He gets murdered on transition and in general play.

Reply #12
Tbh it’s not surprising to me at all, that we lost that. When we played them earlier this year I recall we had the game but not convincingly.

That was so painful to watch, no intensity no care no grunt no toughness no care or cover for team mates.

Something needs to change and I don’t believe it’s the coach. It’s the guys on the field and their bloody expectations of each other.  No one seems to care about winning or losing. They have just been riding out the year the past month, I don’t get it.

Reply #13
You watch the way the brownlow goes this year, the opposition's most dominant player is almost exclusively opposed to Cripps EVERY SINGLE WEEK. He gets murdered on transition and in general play.
Been going on for a while, think Nathan Buckley started it a while back, rather than trying to stop Cripps you run a good player off him and hope he can cause more damage because Cripps is incapable of manning up on anyone as he is too slow. Cripps needs to learn how to play forward more so we can rotate more mids who can stop that ploy.

Reply #14
Wow i cant believe that effort could not ONE player fume like I was doing watching it and make a statement....fly the flag...say we want to win....like THEY did.There is no excuse for not manning up sticking a tackle making them earn a bloody kick not waltz through us like a bunch of arm waving flags.Looking at that last quarter even kicking down the line to nothing mind you gc muppets were engaging us to stop a lead and then peeling off as ball is kicked while we still wave our arms around. We have no confidence thus we lose skills lose our faith in who is doing what 2 players go into tackle loose man outside see ya later...is that coaching I just dont dont know we need leaders on the ground that bust a gut but moreso inspire confidence that all will be ok..Touk Miller anyone? This mob has just about done me in Ias I have to finally admit I cant see where the change will come from nothing really in the twos to look forward to no quick always just a freakin struggle every game with the media circus sucking us down every chance and other clubs supporters loving our swimming in quicksand. Ive loved my bluebaggers for 50 +years but Im sorely tested to give anything to this club at the moment from top to bottom Unreliable.