Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5122 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #15
Well, LoGuidice, Board and Liddle, you share the blame for this. This is what happens when you do not apply due diligence when appointing someone to the exceedingly important position of senior coach of our once great club. As if you didn't learn from the previous 'training wheels' senior coach, you went and repeated the dose... seduced by talk of a more offense game plan.

To the Board & Liddle. If you people have any semblance of decency and responsibility, you owe it to our players, especially the young blokes, to appoint someone to lead these kids, someone who knows how to lead and engender and educate these kids with an approach and strategy that will enable them to get the best out of themselves, and enjoy their careers.

No more populist, expedient decisions devoid of due process. No more inaction. No more excuses and trusting the status quo. Make the change. Do it for the kids. You owe them that.

We did that previous and got Bolton. Coaching isn't the issue. Another coach would leave too with their reputation in tatters. We did get out "best" coach outside of Ratten, based on win/loss, in 20 years to emphasise that point. Which is really sad and what our club has become. Players culture is stuffed, they are unmotivated and generally don't give a toss. unless that changes then we are farrrked big time for years.

Reply #16
Was that as ugly on the TV as it was on the radio? That was hard to listen to. Just opened the door to our ladder position for the Hawks. I expected 8 to 10 goals at worst. Thank god it wasn’t 100 points. Media will be ridding Teague into the ground on this result.
First qtr was excellent, just poo after that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Laj is Chris Scott the greatest coach of all time?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
I find it hard to rationalise that fans that have been posting on here telling everyone who visits this site that we will get pumped this weekend, and then when it happens they act with indignance towards the club, it's players and coach.

Further most of them posted that assessment well before the outs were known, things only got worse for our prospects as the week progressed!

Actually, on hindsight that fan behaviour may fit. Is it possible the supporters exhibit the same weathervane approach that our board does? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
I wouldnt care about this loss if we beat the suns and North.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Simple question?

Huh? What are you getting at with that question. Why are you asking that? Answer would be no.

Whoever comes here could go from the best to worst in 3 years.

Reply #23
What could Teague do then? Who should he put where? The midfield did not apply any pressure and our poor defense got absolutely smashed!

screw off to McGovern, sick of watching that half arsed effort. Unfortunately goodbye Willo, when I saw you run down for the umpeenth time, I told my family I’m about to drive to Adelaide to punch you in the face!

Newnes, nowhere. Casboult, nowhere. Murphy good time to retire, sorry it was a shocker to end it.

LOB I like you and I think you’ve got skills and I apologise profusely that this god forsaken crap club has not developed you better. Really I apologise.

Newman, you’re skating on Very thin ice with me.

Plow, if you fly for it, make sure you farking take it!

Saad, you beautiful man, you got screwed TWICE by the umpires and you are owed an apology by them!

Weiters, no matter how Jono Brown was trying to spin it, you killed Dixon!

Stocker and TDK, not sure what’s going on there but let’s reset for next year!

DT I’m sorry this Club decided that halfway thru a season was a great time to call a review - I suspect the ego of the incoming Prez is to blame.  I’m sorry that you weren’t given good assistants or any support from the sidelines and you, like Ratts,
Are in my thoughts.

To the Club, thanks again for ruining my day. Weekend. But more Than that - any board members reading - as someone previously said, by your pathetic governance and support of those in charge, you are ruining the careers of many young men!  Get your heads out of your collective moneyed arses and set your egos aside, and do right by the players ffs!

Reply #24
Still major issues with the list. We have been very patient with blokes like SPS Dow Kennedy Obrien Setterfield Fisher Williamson To come on but apart from Kennedy and some improvement from Dow all the others have failed to deliver again.

Add in the flops from latest round of big money recruits in Williams and always injured Martin and our trades across the board are fail after fail after fail.

Even Saad has dropped off in the second half of the year and has no defensive side to his game at all and opposition teams plan to exploit it.

Money bags McGovern who I was a fan of is another that just fails to even get close to what we thought we were buying. Paid big coin for a third banana forward.

Only positive out of today was seeing the natural ability of Honey. Should be a long term prospect as a small to medium forward.

Apart from that was awful viewing and those who want to make excuse after excuse after excuse why we again will finish in the bottom tier can do that if it helps them feel better about things but the reality is we are a fail or an organisation and need a massive clean out again with the list, coaching on all levels and admin departments.

Depressing that we waited 6 years and this is where we are at.

Reply #25
@MickeyO

Loved the bit about the board.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #26
Good start with effort... but with heavy injuries, newbies in the team, returning players and the coach with the sword over his head it went to script just before half time and stayed that way. Port at home were going to be tough with a full team much less half a team like we had so while the result was worse than I thought, I think given the clubs overall position it wasnt unexpected.
Murphy's 300 was badly timed but he should be happy with his career and good luck with his future endeavors.
Not much good stuff today but lets get excited about three kids who played.
 Durdin, Honey and Kemp, didnt get a lot of ball between them but showed glimpses and Honey in particular is a player I like watching  with his cameos and he has brought some X factor to the team. Kemp looks solid and Durdin has some tricks and is a very team orientated little player who I want to see more of.

Reply #27
Gee, the tickets for the Teague Train were a sell out by supporters a few years ago and I don’t recall too many cries of ‘due process’ at the time. We all saw what he had to offer (opportunities not afforded to too many candidates) and we were all impressed with what we saw. It hasn’t worked out, I’m sure he’s tried his best, but it hasn’t worked.  Also, over the past two years significant injuries have had a two fold effect: good players not on the park and those coming in being terribly under done because of no continuity of games in the lower level due to delays and cancellation of matches.  One positive……Charlie has done something that many of us doubted, got onto the park again. He’s now got 3 important games under his belt which is something to celebrate.

Reply #28
Huh? What are you getting at with that question. Why are you asking that? Answer would be no.

Whoever comes here could go from the best to worst in 3 years.

But he has the greatest winning percentage of all time.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
Still major issues with the list. We have been very patient with blokes like SPS Dow Kennedy Obrien Setterfield Fisher Williamson To come on but apart from Kennedy and some improvement from Dow all the others have failed to deliver again.

Add in the flops from latest round of big money recruits in Williams and always injured Martin and our trades across the board are fail after fail after fail.

Even Saad has dropped off in the second half of the year and has no defensive side to his game at all and opposition teams plan to exploit it.

Money bags McGovern who I was a fan of is another that just fails to even get close to what we thought we were buying. Paid big coin for a third banana forward.

Only positive out of today was seeing the natural ability of Honey. Should be a long term prospect as a small to medium forward.

Apart from that was awful viewing and those who want to make excuse after excuse after excuse why we again will finish in the bottom tier can do that if it helps them feel better about things but the reality is we are a fail or an organisation and need a massive clean out again with the list, coaching on all levels and admin departments.

Depressing that we waited 6 years and this is where we are at.

We could sort all that and it will do nothing. Have to clean out players that simply don't have the will to play for anything other than a pay cheque. Until that part is sorted then we go nowhere. Played half assed for most of 20 years. It will take alot to change it.

Despite that, we were still in contention to play finals until late in the year with alot of injuries. If these blokes had the slightest will to succeed we would be in there. Alot of those 20pt defeats would be wins. But sadly, they don't want it anywhere near badly enough.