Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5121 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #30
positive charlie playing another game kemp/durdin and rest need to start pre season 1 month early

Reply #31
But he has the greatest winning percentage of all time.

He has a team with a great culture too. Even so, it is a great record. might not be the best but that record is indicative that you are a damn good coach.

We have nothing like that. Fact is Teague is our 2nd best coach in 20 years, win/loss basis. Thing is you can't coach bad culture. You're done before you start. If you think our issues are coaching then you've forgotten 20 years or you're a new supporter.

What do you think would happen to Chris Scott if he coached us instead? He'd have been sacked long ago with his reputation in tatters, never being accepted for a coaching job again. Even Clarko would suffer the same fate. Without the culture, care, will to succeed you're not going anywhere no matter how well you coach. Only the players themselves can sort that. That's where you want leaders demanding real accountability with real peer pressure.

Think that answers a simplistic question well.

Reply #32
Zac Butters needs a shirtfront next time he plays, cheap shot early on Newman with the swinging arm/fist tackle to the mid section should have had him in the book,but wasnt even a free. Seem him do it before too with cheap shots and that kid needs sorting out.

Reply #33
Zac Butters needs a shirtfront next time he plays, cheap shot early on Newman with the swinging arm/fist tackle to the mid section should have had him in the book,but wasnt even a free. Seem him do it before too with cheap shots and that kid needs sorting out.
Didn’t Butters get Saad in the last q as well?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #34

Agree can’t stand port. They have some real smug pr1cks that love the easy cheap goals against teams like us.  Can’t wait to see how they handle the real heat of finals.

Anyone else notice Saad looking distressed and in tears on the bench after he had a goal scored against him for retaliating when that same pr1ck got our man high off the ball.

My guess is there must be more to it to have that sort of reaction.

Reply #35
So, after all that, looks like 8 wins for the year. I was expecting a ladder position of 9-12th at the start of the season.

A day or two ago, I was thinking that Teague was a good chance to keep his job. After today, I had that all too familiar sinking feeling all over again.

Reply #36
He has a team with a great culture too. Even so, it is a great record. might not be the best but that record is indicative that you are a damn good coach.

We have nothing like that. Fact is Teague is our 2nd best coach in 20 years, win/loss basis. Thing is you can't coach bad culture. You're done before you start. If you think our issues are coaching then you've forgotten 20 years or you're a new supporter.

What do you think would happen to Chris Scott if he coached us instead? He'd have been sacked long ago with his reputation in tatters, never being accepted for a coaching job again. Even Clarko would suffer the same fate. Without the culture, care, will to succeed you're not going anywhere no matter how well you coach. Only the players themselves can sort that. That's where you want leaders demanding real accountability with real peer pressure.

Think that answers a simplistic question well.

According to your facts Chris Scott is the greatest of all time.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #37
Agree can’t stand port. They have some real smug pr1cks that love the easy cheap goals against teams like us.  Can’t wait to see how they handle the real heat of finals.

Anyone else notice Saad looking distressed and in tears on the bench after he had a goal scored against him for retaliating when that same pr1ck got our man high off the ball.

My guess is there must be more to it to have that sort of reaction.
Yea something very NQR there with Saad! He got clocked then went to remonstrate which is not like him which makes me believe something was said (was he vilified!!?)) and then gets a 50 against him!  And stupid crap commentator says oh he’s really taking this loss to heart! GTFO! something happened and I hope it comes out, as he was robbed today big time! Disgusting.

Reply #38
According to your facts Chris Scott is the greatest of all time.

Simple thinking in the extreme. Imagine trying to spin that simplistic 5hit.

Think I explained it well. I won't do it again. You just need to understand as I can't dumb it down any further for you.

Reply #39
I can only speak for myself, but if I hadn't watched the game and turned on to see that final score it would have probably been a case of... 'that's disappointing, but given the injuries it's probably what I expected.'

I think the greater disappointment many are feeling comes from the fact that for a quarter and a bit we more than matched them and then just capitulated completely...we had no joy at all once they started their run.

Reply #40
Yea something very NQR there with Saad! He got clocked then went to remonstrate which is not like him which makes me believe something was said (was he vilified!!?)) and then gets a 50 against him!  And stupid crap commentator says oh he’s really taking this loss to heart! GTFO! something happened and I hope it comes out, as he was robbed today big time! Disgusting.
I thought he must have been thinking to himself "what have I done?"
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
I can only speak for myself, but if I hadn't watched the game and turned on to see that final score it would have probably been a case of... 'that's disappointing, but given the injuries it's probably what I expected.'

I think the greater disappointment many are feeling comes from the fact that for a quarter and a bit we more than matched them and then just capitulated completely...we had no joy at all once they started their run.

I dont know how they measure it but they showed our pressure rating for Q1 and it was through the roof. It then fell away  badly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
Simple thinking in the extreme. Imagine trying to spin that simplistic 5hit.

Think I explained it well. I won't do it again. You just need to understand as I can't dumb it down any further for you.

You're ranking Carlton's greatest coach this century by winning percentage why have a different ranking system for the greatest AFL coach of all time?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #43

Funny, I thought Stocker was also a little off today in terms of attitude and effort compared to previous weeks.
Understandable that it may just have been the weight of pressure the defence had to carry but Saad in particular seemed quite emotional.

Reply #44
Funny, I thought Stocker was also a little off today in terms of attitude and effort compared to previous weeks.
Understandable that it may just have been the weight of pressure the defence had to carry but Saad in particular seemed quite emotional.

Saad sat on the bench and looked in absolute despair to me Lods. Bent over with his face in his hands and inconsolable. Hope he will be alright.
Reality always wins in the end.