Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5198 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
To be a dangerous tall fwd (albeit part time), he will have to work on his kicking. He also needs to work on this tank as he is getting outworked after the bounce or ball up. He is only a kid still andl needs time, as suggested ideally he would still be a no 2 but given our plight, he has been thrown to the wolves so to speak.

We've been throwing players to the wolves since 2005. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #61
Yes. Seemed relatively upbeat despite the thrashing, looked more broken last week. When asked if the margin would hinder his chances of retaining his job, he said it didn't help. Praised the 1st qtr effort but then dropped away.

Yes, that's pretty much my takeaway. I expected him to be shattered. I wonder if the club has told him one way or the other, and his mood was influenced by having some clarity and closure ?

Reply #62
Coaching aside, as many have said, there were some handy players missing yesterday and sometimes its not until you see it on a board that you realise. To his credit, Teague has never used injuries as an excuse or a reason for poor performances, he always uses the poor execution or being in games long enough thing. Million dollar question  for those deciding his fate is what difference could those below have made?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
Coaching aside, as many have said, there were some handy players missing yesterday and sometimes its not until you see it on a board that you realise. To his credit, Teague has never used injuries as an excuse or a reason for poor performances, he always uses the poor execution or being in games long enough thing. Million dollar question  for those deciding his fate is what difference could those below have made?

Great post.

Had a beer with one of our Legends (Mr Southby 20). Defy any coach in the AFL to field a competitive team with the amount of injuries we have.

To be a good team you need a consistent group of senior players being on the park together., I doubt if TT has had this once this year.

We can get of this mess if we fix the following:

a. Player development -  We have been banging on all year how players that come to us go backwards.

b. High Perfomance/Mediical - enough said already. How can players re-injure hamstrings trying to prove their fitness.  Needs to be looked at ASAP.

Recruiting - No more skinny kids who can play Under 17.. No more injury prone million dollar duds. Rather have good average foot soldiers.

We have the list just need the stars to line up 

Reply #64
I posted a team of injuries yesterday. You are missing a few from your list. Mirkov for one. There is another 1 (or 2) as well.

Add to that the players that are playing injured simply because we don't have anyone else, eg Casboult, and you can fill a team.

How people continually ignore this fact is beyond me.

I don't care if you are Ron Barrassi, Leigh Matthews and Al Clarkson combined....if you haven't got players, you don't get wins.

Reply #65
I have stopped watching, I am officially under the doona. The result is disappointing but not a surprise. We are ravaged by injury, we played two debutantes and had one guy into his fifth game, we had another on his last legs playing his last game and we were playing a top side interstate. It has been a long and disappointing year, the players are clearly emotionally drained. Eddie is battling racism, Docherty is battling cancer, Murphy played his 300th and retired, and the Board has decided to systematically undermine the Coach and the team to advance their own personal political agendas. They are a disgrace. They stand for nothing, they are hypocritical and they are letting down the Club. They should resign. 

Reply #66
What could Teague do then? Who should he put where? The midfield did not apply any pressure and our poor defense got absolutely smashed!

screw off to McGovern, sick of watching that half arsed effort. Unfortunately goodbye Willo, when I saw you run down for the umpeenth time, I told my family I’m about to drive to Adelaide to punch you in the face!

Newnes, nowhere. Casboult, nowhere. Murphy good time to retire, sorry it was a shocker to end it.

LOB I like you and I think you’ve got skills and I apologise profusely that this god forsaken crap club has not developed you better. Really I apologise.

Newman, you’re skating on Very thin ice with me.

Plow, if you fly for it, make sure you farking take it!

Saad, you beautiful man, you got screwed TWICE by the umpires and you are owed an apology by them!

Weiters, no matter how Jono Brown was trying to spin it, you killed Dixon!

Stocker and TDK, not sure what’s going on there but let’s reset for next year!

DT I’m sorry this Club decided that halfway thru a season was a great time to call a review - I suspect the ego of the incoming Prez is to blame.  I’m sorry that you weren’t given good assistants or any support from the sidelines and you, like Ratts,
Are in my thoughts.

To the Club, thanks again for ruining my day. Weekend. But more Than that - any board members reading - as someone previously said, by your pathetic governance and support of those in charge, you are ruining the careers of many young men!  Get your heads out of your collective moneyed arses and set your egos aside, and do right by the players ffs!

Micky0, eloquently put.
Was McGovern on the ground?
I know Willo has only got one side to his game but sheesh, I agree how many times can this bloke keep getting caught

I will provide a quote on how i am and the rest of the Carlton members are feeling.

"Oh the pain"

Reply #67
I have stopped watching, I am officially under the doona. The result is disappointing but not a surprise. We are ravaged by injury, we played two debutantes and had one guy into his fifth game, we had another on his last legs playing his last game and we were playing a top side interstate. It has been a long and disappointing year, the players are clearly emotionally drained. Eddie is battling racism, Docherty is battling cancer, Murphy played his 300th and retired, and the Board has decided to systematically undermine the Coach and the team to advance their own personal political agendas. They are a disgrace. They stand for nothing, they are hypocritical and they are letting down the Club. They should resign. 

I pretty much agree with that, with a small proviso that I at least hope the Board, despite all manner of stuff ups, factions etc., does genuinely love the club and is acting in its best interests, and not just treating it as their personal play thing. If it's the latter, and in addition to being incompetent they are also malevolent, then I suggest Teague takes the boys down to Katandra. We can play in the Murray Bush League or whatever they call it these days, where at least our rank amateurism won't look so out of place.

Reply #68
Butters gets sighted twice for hits on Newman then Saad. He gets a discount on both for being a first offence!!! He hit two different blokes in the  same game. The MRO is a f#,$ joke.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #69
Butters gets sighted twice for hits on Newman then Saad. He gets a discount on both for being a first offence!!! He hit two different blokes in the  same game. The MRO is a f#,$ joke.

Bit harsh on the MRO. That assessment requires numeracy skills 😉
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.