Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS (Read 5610 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS

I hope we can pull one more good game out for Eddie and Levi, but I'm not holding my breath. Not after last week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
Magnificent gesture from GWS wearing their indigenous rig for Edwardo. Speechless.

Teared up watching Ed being interviewed after the game. Good interview, Sarah.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Loved the message from Edwardo's young fella which Sarah relayed... 'your pressure acts were down, dad...'  :))

Reply #3
Again, allowing a run of goals cost us the game. 5 unanswered goals did us in... aside from that period, bloody good, competitive effort.

Reply #4
So near, and yet so far. That is us in a nutshell.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Again, allowing a run of goals cost us the game. 5 unanswered goals did us in... aside from that period, bloody good, competitive effort.

It was more the fact we couldn't score. they weren't scoring freely just that we struggled to do anything beyond the centre last 2 1/2 qtrs. We had just one F50 tackle compared to their's 19.

Reply #6
De Koning held that ball until his head hit the ground. Might have got mark of the year if it wasn't for the head collision with the ground. Ablett got mark of the year for similar in the 90s, expected he didn't knock himself out.

Reply #7
That is fitness. Sadly we seem to be lacking in it even though apparently we have the best. Something NQR there

Reply #8
Lost a bit of interest in this game...all this Teague business is depressing and with nothing riding on the game apart from saluting Eddie and Levi it went to script. Ed Curnow played a very nice game and I liked Stocker and Kemps work as well. LOB hit some nice passes early and TDK did well vs the new Mummy in Briggs,but again we dont get enough return for our efforts and having them level at half time meant they would get momentum at some stage which they did and the result was a forgone conclusion.

Reply #9
It was more the fact we couldn't score. they weren't scoring freely just that we struggled to do anything beyond the centre last 2 1/2 qtrs. We had just one F50 tackle compared to their's 19.

Tend to agree. We fluffed some early chances and missed the opportunity to create a scoreboard buffer. As a result, when they inevitably came back we were vulnerable.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Lost a bit of interest in this game...all this Teague business is depressing and with nothing riding on the game apart from saluting Eddie and Levi it went to script. Ed Curnow played a very nice game and I liked Stocker and Kemps work as well. LOB hit some nice passes early and TDK did well vs the new Mummy in Briggs,but again we dont get enough return for our efforts and having them level at half time meant they would get momentum at some stage which they did and the result was a forgone conclusion.

Sad but true... same old, same old.

Reply #11
De Koning held that ball until his head hit the ground. Might have got mark of the year if it wasn't for the head collision with the ground. Ablett got mark of the year for similar in the 90s, expected he didn't knock himself out.

The mark was paid... could get mark of the round, and deservedly so.

Reply #12
Only able to listen on the radio unfortunately.
Thank goodness really. Cant stomach some of the tv wannabes.

Sounded like we had the usual patchy performance. Came out strong then dropped off. What sounded very heartening was the lift late in the game, and solid pressure on the whole. I thought we'd lose by 10 goals after watching their clinical performance last week, and knowing Green would come back.

I still think we have a good list and TT should see out his contract with support in the right areas. I'll opt out of my long held membership if Toss Lyon takes over.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
Always fear for TDK, very brave for a slender lad and I hope he is ok and it isnt some bad concussion. We can never take a trick and its always our key players who get injured.

Reply #14
Tbh I enjoyed most of watching that game / even their run on wasn’t as overt as last week and didn’t break me like last week.

Eddies end of game interview was really sad, he does
Not want to retire :(. I was a bit disappointed They did nothing for Levi.

Agree with other sentiments re the class of GWS players even tho as a whole I hate them, they need some haircuts stat!