Skip to main content
Topic: A message from SOS (Read 4246 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A message from SOS

Reply #30
I dont know whats going on with SOS, I think hes lost the plot a little bit based on what he is reported as saying.

Plowman is possibly the 3rd name on the team sheet every week.
Everything SOS states has a purpose, it started with a conflict of interest and never ends.

Blood is thicker than water! ;)

Weigh whatever he states in the SoJ is his boy reference frame and it becomes clear!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
You would have to hear the SOS comment in context  but...
The father of a current player needs to be a bit careful commenting on the form of a teammate.

Reply #32
The father of a current player needs to be a bit careful commenting on the form of a teammate.

I agree. The slightest slip of the tongue can very easily cause disharmony and friction among certain players.

Reply #33
Lucky jsos and plow seem to be mates.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34

Yep 100%.
Always thought of SOS as a self centred guy who will throw anyone under the bus for his gain without a second thought so not surprised he wouldn’t think twice about a comment that potentially makes life that little bit more uncomfortable for son Jack if not in the media definitely in the locker room and socially with the team.
Not needed.

Reply #35
Has SOS again become the Spurned Lover Part II?

He seems to play this bitter former partner role very well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Embarrasing ...

Reply #38
Isn't that worse?

"So Jack your old man thinks I'm crap."

More easily smoothed out, and Plowman may not understand that inference due to a relationship he has.

Paul Hewson

Reply #39
So SOS states the blindingly obvious that Plowman has room to improve and the pro-Plowman crew who can't hear a bad word said about the guy (who most impartial observers would rate as in the running for the worst player in the AFL) swing in to batter SOS and relate it to JSOS somehow?

Good to know.

Reply #40
^^

Its not solely about Plow.  SOS has been ultra negative about Carlton since he copped it in the neck, and actively denigrates anything Carlton associated. 

He's been breathing fire ever since he was laid off, and I would have thought that Lo Giudice out, and Liddle gone would have been the majority of his detractors at the place off line.

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
^^

Its not solely about Plow.  SOS has been ultra negative about Carlton since he copped it in the neck, and actively denigrates anything Carlton associated. 

He's been breathing fire ever since he was laid off, and I would have thought that Lo Giudice out, and Liddle gone would have been the majority of his detractors at the place off line.

A statement based on what exactly? He'll say 20 good things about Carlton and 1 slight negative - which is the bit the "journos" choose to put in a headline the next day?

Re. Samo:
He said many good things about him he's a good user of the ball, good player, etc. but been played out of position. but asked a loaded question about his preparation. What is the headline?
'I wouldn't say he's elite in terms of his preparation': SOS on SPS

If all you heard from SOS was via the headlines that are written you could form your view. But it's just not reality.

Reply #43
I'm all for something better than Plowman to play on those inbetween forwards who monster us but I am yet to see that player
on our list. Plowman gets the tough jobs because Weitering and Jones are holding down the fort and the others want to kick chase  and avoid defending or in Parks case are too inexperienced and out of their depth.
Get me a Vlastuin or Grimes and we can move Plowman on but from what I can see Kemp is our best bet and he is a couple of years off being able to do the job..

Reply #44
I'm all for something better than Plowman to play on those inbetween forwards who monster us but I am yet to see that player
on our list. Plowman gets the tough jobs because Weitering and Jones are holding down the fort and the others want to kick chase  and avoid defending or in Parks case are too inexperienced and out of their depth.
Get me a Vlastuin or Grimes and we can move Plowman on but from what I can see Kemp is our best bet and he is a couple of years off being able to do the job..
Longer term Kemp will be a mid @ElwoodBlues1‍ , unless something goes horribly wrong.

The problem that I see is we have too many Plowman / Newman types, it seems to be a trend in our recruiting history, to pick up a shed load of one type of player. Long term only one of Plowman or Newman should survive assuming short term Kemp stays fit, and specially now we've got Hewett.

Will we keep hold of O'Brien, can he progress further in 2022?

If we pick up another KPD, would we release Weitering further up the ground?

Are the rumours that Marchbank is good for Rnd 1 true?

Where does Charlie play?

Do we keep McGovern?

Lots of water to pass under this bridge yet!
The Force Awakens!