Skip to main content
Topic: Jailed for 3 months (Read 2700 times) previous topic - next topic

Jailed for 3 months

REALLY happy those two duckheads are now locked up in Perth for flaunting covid regs.

Suffer you smart ar$es

Re: Jailed for 3 months

Reply #1
Agreed.

Wish they were as tough on real criminals though.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Yes, but I understand the logic of fighting tooth and nail to witness a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The real question is, would it have been a factor if they didn't get caught.

Impossible to know. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
A precedent is set, the reason for the quarantine violation is only a small part of the overall consideration.

The test would be the next incident, but of course there has to be one!

You would think there is a lawyer somewhere who thinks there is an opportunity to profit, they might even be keen to elicit such an event.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
The NT govt want a piece of them too C:-)

Reply #5
Fair enough penalty imo, if they had spread Covid and lives were lost they could be spending a lot more time in court and in jail.

Reply #6
I gather I'm not alone on this, but there appears to me to be some disturbing differences in the public commentary around what the fans did and how they have been treated or should be treated, versus what the lockdown protestors did and how they have been treated.

I find it hard to reconcile the concept of publicly discouraging or hanging one group, while pardoning or encouraging the other, some of this apparent difference of opinion coming from the same commentators!

When you go the step further and compare the political commentary from the same critics, opinion becomes very 'plastic' and 'diverse' indeed!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
I gather I'm not alone on this, but there appears to me to be some disturbing differences in the public commentary around what the fans did and how they have been treated or should be treated, versus what the lockdown protestors did and how they have been treated.

I find it hard to reconcile the concept of publicly discouraging or hanging one group, while pardoning or encouraging the other, some of this apparent difference of opinion coming from the same commentators!

When you go the step further and compare the political commentary from the same critics, opinion becomes very 'plastic' and 'diverse' indeed!
If you're saying it's a bit inconsistent to be locking up a couple of blokes who breached COVID rules vs the THOUSANDS that did far worse in Melbourne and basically only copped a fine (which, of course, they'll never pay)  than yes, I'm with you LP.

Reply #8
If you're saying it's a bit inconsistent to be locking up a couple of blokes who breached COVID rules vs the THOUSANDS that did far worse in Melbourne and basically only copped a fine (which, of course, they'll never pay)  than yes, I'm with you LP.
I'm not generally offering an opinion, just an observation of what seems to be a arbitrary and contradictory stance.

On and off over the last few months I've listened to conservative commentators bagging Andrews, ironically for conservatives defending the Unionist Protestors, and then sledging police for the penalties handed out over the protests and lockdown breaches as heavy handed and overkill. Then the very same conservatives ask for the rule book to be thrown at two people who basically crept illegally into a state and then footy game!

They offer these two rather arbitrary opinions without taking a breath, and we are apparently ignorant and left wing if we fail to heed and conform to this opinion!

I could try, but which way should I go? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
People protesting for freedom v people falsifying documents to get across locked borders. Yeah they're nothing alike.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
When, inevitably, some anti-vaxxers are caught using forged vaccination certificates or exemptions, I wonder if jail sentences for them will be welcomed or condemned.

The funny thing is that the 2 guys who went to the Grand Final would probably have regarded it as something akin to a college prank. They would have assumed people would think it was just laddish behaviour like streaking after getting drunk and would have rolled around laughing. Otherwise, they might not have been keen on posing for pictures or posting pictures on social media.

Reply #11
I just want to clarify that I think their offense is serious.

BUT, in a situation where they cannot legally do something like this to witness what can only be described as currently a once in a lifetime opportunity, I understand WHY they did it.

Consider it an opportunity lost between the states.

Imagine stating that you could come to WA for the grand final if you had proof you were fully vaccinated.

It would have had people lining up for their jabs months ago.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
I think they planned to do it legit like the cats and Tiger fans last year quarantining in NT but then when that wasn't allowed they still went ahead with it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
People protesting for freedom ...................
Interesting, is that protesting for freedom from a position of oppression or a position of privilege?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Interesting, is that protesting for freedom from a position of oppression or a position of privilege?

For being locked in our homes for months.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!