Skip to main content
Topic: State Elections (Read 13160 times) previous topic - next topic

State Elections

Good luck to all my Victorian friends on election day.
You'll need it. ;D

Best political jingle ever.

"Make this state a great state.
A modern up to date state.
Put a one in the square for the DLP ;) "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyoMMKtx4Wo

Re: State Elections

Reply #1
I voted yesterday... couple of interesting observations, firstly... hostility, mostly young blokes. Secondly, older folks regardless of voting preference chatting and laughing together. Shooters party delegate was the angriest looking dude of them all, didn't want to talk with anyone! And the Family First delegate would have to be a Cyril Peabody - straight out of the fifties looking cat, the cardigan was a classic.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
It's over. 4 more years of Dan.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
It's over. 4 more years of Dan.
Could be worse, could have 4 years of Greens.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
Strap yourself in, both major parties are losing numbers to Greens,  Teals and Independents.Give it a couple more elections and we might have joint party rule with Labor and the Greens.

Reply #5
The biggest loser is Rupert Murdoch. His influence over elections is almost non-existent. Scrolling through Apple News over the last month, the Hun/News.com.au headlines were all about Labor corruption, voter backlash, Liberals surging, anti-Dan protest votes etc. etc. They even tried to resuscitate the conspiracy theorem over Dan’s fall down the stairs. None of it worked.

I’m guessing no one reads the Murdoch rags any more (or takes it’s political stories seriously), except maybe in retirement villages where the conservative vote is strong anyway.

Reply #6
I didn't believe the conspiracy theory but when I actually saw the stairs lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7
The biggest loser is Rupert Murdoch. His influence over elections is almost non-existent. Scrolling through Apple News over the last month, the Hun/News.com.au headlines were all about Labor corruption, voter backlash, Liberals surging, anti-Dan protest votes etc. etc. They even tried to resuscitate the conspiracy theorem over Dan’s fall down the stairs. None of it worked.

I’m guessing no one reads the Murdoch rags any more (or takes it’s political stories seriously), except maybe in retirement villages where the conservative vote is strong anyway.

Print media has very much lost its influence.
Most folks get their daily news from the commercial TV channels and both 7 and 9 are pretty neutral.

Reply #8
Print media has very much lost its influence.
Most folks get their daily news from the commercial TV channels and both 7 and 9 are pretty neutral.
Social media is where it's at, the Greens, Teals etc are targeting younger voters and the female population.
Liberals have been hopeless marketing wise for a while.
Never had a Lib or Labor doorknock either but the Greens made the effort..

Reply #9

I'd prefer that to 4 years with Matthew Guy as premier.

From my first hand experience of Guy as Minister for Planning, incompetent is the kindest thing I can say.  We've really dodged a bullet tonight.

Jeff Kennett used to say that we get the politicians we deserve.  In other words, join a political party if you don't like who they're serving up as candidates.  That's fine if you're prepared to leap into the shark tank, snake pit or tofu trough.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I'd prefer that to 4 years with Matthew Guy as premier.

From my first hand experience of Guy as Minister for Planning, incompetent is the kindest thing I can say.  We've really dodged a bullet tonight.

Jeff Kennett used to say that we get the politicians we deserve.  In other words, join a political party if you don't like who they're serving up as candidates.  That's fine if you're prepared to leap into the shark tank, snake pit or tofu trough.
Greens better than 4 years of Guy? You're kidding mate, I wouldn't entrust any of them to run a Tofu Bar let alone a state.

The Victorian Liberal Party needs an overhaul of epic proportions, going in with Matthew Guy sealed their fate from day one. They were never going to win and TBH the opposition were embarrassing during their covid media conferences, that also sealed their fate IMO. I do like Dan Andrew's quote, "Hope always defeats hate". Indeed it does.

As for incompetent, I had to laugh, on the ch 7 coverage last night they had Steve Bracks and the Labour Health minister, Mary Anne someone? She is an imbecile, Bracks had to constantly correct her as she stuttered her way through trying to answer questions. Here's a hint, if you going to put someone up to do media, put up a good media performer. I thought the banter between Bracks and Kennet was pretty funny also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
The problem that I think is the best explanation of what is happening to the coalition, is they listen too much to the screaming idiots. For example Andrew Bolt , Alan Jones, people who think they matter because they live in an echo chamber with a lunatic minority , and take the loudest screams as a measure of support.

The majority rules, silent or otherwise!

Should be happy with the result, it is hard proof we are not yet fully American! Trumps followers should be nervous at results like this, it's proof that the crap you throw sometimes bounces!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Daniel Andrews is our Trump.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Gotta love Bolt's headline in the Hun
Wounded Andrews should Quit :)