Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney  (Read 4536 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
For those on Facebook. Gotta love a designated bias call. Always the best....haha.

https://fb.watch/mXlwiGiPdZ/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Ah magnificent. Gave me goose bumps. I listen to ABC, but that was great to hear. Three big Carlton personalities showing their true feelings.

Yes!!!!!! GO BLUES.................  :D  :D  :D

Reply #61
rapt with the win but 2 things that bother me last night and all year is.1 long bomb kick in from fullback to the same side to the wing only for opposition to rebound straight back. 2 long bomb into f 50 once again allows the opposition to set up and take the ball away with ease .Voss and co needs to change this style

Reply #62
The cheersquad are a dedicated bunch, and I admire them for all their work.  Occasionally, I think they could fire up a little with their collection of chants.  The Carl-Ton clap clap clap is their go to, and the only one you hear frequently.  Last night, they added Carl-ton, Carl-ton in the "come on you blues" style (yes I know that this is the "Col-ling-WOOOD" chant too, but we used to hear it differently at Optus Oval. 

That's all great, but I think we could add the "viking clap", and when the crowd claps in unison they yell BLUES.

Beyond that, i admire them for turning out each and every week, and hope they can take on board some constructive criticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdpRWG3IJ0

I think this would be great for our footy club particularly before the game!

Ah the Viking 'skol' clap.

I remember it a bit differently.
They do this before every home game....and it gets a going over during at stages too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgH_2-8xKI

BTW, as loud as it was last night, Vikings games are so much louder.

Reply #63
Having just watched the replay, this stands out:

H was very good and very important for us, the misses were ridiculous BUT he did a lot right!

We got zero 50/50’s from the umps and they got every single one.  They play close to the rules but never get pinged for it.

The way we played was much better watching on tv than live! I thought we more Capitulated and got too nervous but on tv you can see clearly how Syd just would not stop and got harder at it as time went on.  We were outstanding to withhold them 👏🏽

Bloody unreal! The atmosphere at the end was crazy good and the walk out of the stadium had many many groups of Baggers singing the song together 🙌

Bring on Melbourne 💪🏼

Reply #64
Nice to hang on there. Gutsy stuff. Would have been nice if we went on with it, but as said, a win of grit and guts.
Did anyone get vibes of the commentary being pro-Sydney? I did. Btw, can Brian Taylor please STFU about calling holding the ball as a player is tackled, attempting to kick the ball without prior opportunity? It's not the first time he's called for that to be penalised. It's against the spirit of the game and players might as well not get the ball if those things happen. Not a spectacle I want to watch.

Reply #65
Having just watched the replay, this stands out:

H was very good and very important for us, the misses were ridiculous BUT he did a lot right!

We got zero 50/50’s from the umps and they got every single one.  They play close to the rules but never get pinged for it.

The way we played was much better watching on tv than live! I thought we more Capitulated and got too nervous but on tv you can see clearly how Syd just would not stop and got harder at it as time went on.  We were outstanding to withhold them 👏🏽

Bloody unreal! The atmosphere at the end was crazy good and the walk out of the stadium had many many groups of Baggers singing the song together 🙌

Bring on Melbourne 💪🏼

We just need to clean up the mistakes, like a few kick-ins, bit of panic in one passage deep in defence, and the ball going through Martin's legs with 25 sec to go which all resulted in goals. They were 4 or 5 goals they got for nothing which made a comfortable win close. Clean that up and we will be good.

Reply #66
Nice to hang on there. Gutsy stuff. Would have been nice if we went on with it, but as said, a win of grit and guts.
Did anyone get vibes of the commentary being pro-Sydney? I did. Btw, can Brian Taylor please STFU about calling holding the ball as a player is tackled, attempting to kick the ball without prior opportunity? It's not the first time he's called for that to be penalised. It's against the spirit of the game and players might as well not get the ball if those things happen. Not a spectacle I want to watch.

BT is not so much pro-Sydney as Anti-Carlton
It's probably one of the reasons why the boys don't like to talk to 'creeping Brian'.

Reply #67
BT is not so much pro -as Anti-Carlton
It's probably one of the reasons why the boys don't like to talk to 'creeping Brian'.

There are a lot of very good footy commentators going around at present, BT is not one of them. Apart from being generally obnoxious, he constantly gets things wrong - players names, umpiring interpretations... not to mention 'bias/side taking.' I suspect that if he was any more 'full of himself' he'd vanish up his own dot.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
BT is not so much pro-Sydney as Anti-Carlton

As I recall, before the first bounce BS opening comments set his intentions. Along the lines "imagine if Sydney come out and get the first couple of goals" wtf.... who wants to know the contents of his imagination? Not me. He's an incompetent commentator who is quite frankly an embarrassment to the code. He doesn't do his research, subsequently talking BS. As for footy knowledge, he has little of relevance to add. And yes. He's a creep.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #69
Awesome night last night. Just me and 92000 of my closest friends....maybe 90k were carlton fans.
Weather behaved itself and although it rained it was mild. Was windy, but not terribly so.
No excuse for Harry missing those goals anyway.

Martin is starting to prove the doubters wrong. If he has any left, then they don't know much about footy. He was huge all over the ground.
Cottrell took some strong marks, was good in front of goals and is made for finals.
Acres...love what this bloke has brought to the club tough as nails, but might miss with his shoulder which was hanging for the last 5 minutes of the game. Thankfully the weekly out on the full happened very late in the game and didn't hurt us too much.

Harry....oh dear....i suggested we keep him out of the side previously and didn't get much support. After last nights debacle, he is probably lucky he got himself concussed as it may have saved himself the embarrassment of being dropped. How do you miss 2 goals basically from the goal square in the same match?! Confidence is shot.

Changes for next week....

Out: Harry (conc), Martin (susp), Acres (shoulder)
IN: Silvagni, Motlop, Hollands
Sub: Kennedy
Agree with most of that.

I have been a long term doubter of Martin - and he has played exceptionally the last few weeks. Now needs to do it consistently.

Still think we are better with harry than without. We lost a lot of forward connection when he went off last night.
Still, he needs to see a sports psychologist, as it is 100% between the ears for him.

Reply #70
My concern with Paddy D is mental toughness. Too often goes missing in real heat, and finals pressure is another level up.

Kennedy & JSOS have both shown mongrel determination when the heat is on. Motlop is X factor.

With Harry out, I would think that one or both Kennedy & JSOS (if fit) would be under consideration as competitive marking forwards

Reply #71
Hollands back in for mine.  

Definitely needed to provide another hard running option to rotate through the wing.  I thought he was unlucky to miss the Swans game.

Reply #72
long bomb into f 50 once again allows the opposition to set up and take the ball away with ease.

Voss and co needs to change this style.

Bloody oath

Reply #73
Btw, can Brian Taylor please STFU about calling holding the ball as a player is tackled, attempting to kick the ball without prior opportunity? It's not the first time he's called for that to be penalised.

Btw, can Brian Taylor please STFU COMPLETELY.

He and his Friday night mates (JB and Richo) are painful to have to listen to AND they are less than knowledgeable about the rules and interpretations.  I have to turn the volume way down because Hodge is about the only one I can stand.

Reply #74
I was suspect but not fully aware of our woeful kick ins from the goal square - we gave up 4 goals just by turn over from kick ins only... thanks to First Crack on Fox Footy for confirming that.
Can dumb players please stop calling for the ball in dangerous areas.