Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 8272 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #90
In order to get off, you need a legitimate reason.
In the past there has been one.
For this hit? Can't see one.

Whats his defence? His head looked like a football and he tried to knock it forward??
Put up a side by side of his head next to a football??

Hmm to me i don't think there is much difference. Would not win a beauty contest.

Reply #91
I got my ticket today as a guest pass and I'm a full AFL Gold member for the last 28 years.
I got on at 12:20 and no seats in the AFL members stand. i was lucky to get that seat as it was.
tried every level and none found. I was livid cost me $83 instead of $22.

I shudder to think what might happen if we make the GF.  O:-)  O:-)  O:-)

Reply #92
I got my ticket today as a guest pass and I'm a full AFL Gold member for the last 28 years.
I got on at 12:20 and no seats in the AFL members stand. i was lucky to get that seat as it was.
tried every level and none found. I was livid cost me $83 instead of $22.

I shudder to think what might happen if we make the GF.  O:-)  O:-)  O:-)
Wow okay, so my tickets and getting through 8 minutes after it opened to members, are quite good.

Melb member got tickets up further than us, also family pass. Would love to know how the areas are sold and what is open to who according to membership as surely long standing AFL member is more than Carltonian member home games only 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reply #93
I went old school and did what my daughter did to get Taylor Swift tickets - drove the 45 minutes to a ticketek outlet and queued up rather than going on line.  Was thinking of going fully old school and sleeping outside the outlet but only a few people doing that last night so I opted for my own bed and a 4am alarm clock.  Outlet opened at 7, by 7.30 had my number in the queue and came back at 10 for the sales to start.  Couldn't get anything in the Ponsford Stand (daughter wanted to be near the Cheer Squad), but got ground level in the pocket other end.  Tickets is tickets!  Happy just to be there.

Reply #94
So where does the improvement come from to defeat the Go Dees? Because we will need to improve and find our best for four quarters to beat this mob.

Improvement needed from:
Gov - form has just been okay, but he needs to recapture the dare and run.
Pitto - getting better but will need to be at his strong and ruthless best against Gawn.
Cunners - deft passes to team mates is a real strength, but needs to play more to his creative run and smarts. Assert more influence.

Forward line delivery. More lowering of eyes. No panic bombs into the forward line, Go Dees defense will pick these off, easily.
Hunting. This has not been as persistent for four quarters of late. Fire up and adopt a ruthless intensity at the aggot and man mental attitude for 120 minutes.
Authority and confidence. Step it up.

Thoughts from others?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #95
There's talk around that Jack Silvagni is a real chance for this game. I'm happy if it does eventuate. It'd be great to see Jack play in a final.

Reply #96
There's talk around that Jack Silvagni is a real chance for this game. I'm happy if it does eventuate. It'd be great to see Jack play in a final.
Agreed, if we lose McKay and Martin we must have a marking tall come in so that Charlie isn't the soul focus.

I hope SoJ is fit and ready to go, and I hope we don't fall into the trap of thinking we can ruck him versus Gawn.

Left field, Young in and a rotation of McGovern, Kemp and Marchbank forward?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
It seems that Gawn has a broken toe.  It won't stop him playing but it may affect his mobility/kicking.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #98
It seems that Gawn has a broken toe.  It won't stop him playing but it may affect his mobility/kicking.

Gawn is a champion but I don't think they will play him solo against TDK/Pitt if this is the case. Grundy coming back in is very likely.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #99
Broken bone in his toe to be precise. He'll still play no problems, would need to lose a whole
foot before he didn't play!

Reply #100
Gawn is a champion but I don't think they will play him solo against TDK/Pitt if this is the case. Grundy coming back in is very likely.

If so, that could be to our advantage.  Grundy's ruck form is poor and he would struggle against the diversity of Pitto and the King.  Gawn, as a forward, is ineffective, as is Grundy.

I think that Gawn will ruck, with a jab, and Ben Brown will come in for McDonald, who seems to have become an average VFL player.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #101
I think that Gawn will ruck, with a jab, and Ben Brown will come in for McDonald, who seems to have become an average VFL player.
I agree about Brown.

I think McDonald is OK but his early return shows the folly of bringing blokes into AFL finals from the long term injury cold free of AFL games?

Tossing the names about on the magnetic board I mentioned Young earlier as part of a reshuffle in Harry's absence, but is Sam Durdin completely out of considerations?

Maybe if he's fit Kennedy is the natural, an extra mid who is more than a useful marking forward, if he is fit and ready to go.

So Kennedy and SoJ?

Bizarre Dow isn't in despatches, almost a bit sad, he only becomes a consideration in my book if we are prepared to shuffle Cerra and Hewett!

Mild and dry Friday night, perfect football conditions.

To me Melbourne looked sore and slow at the end of last Thursday's game, which is perhaps even more of an argument for Kennedy and Dow to take a full toll!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #102
get ready for a massive response from melb in first Q ,we need to answer all challenges in first Q

Reply #103
Silvagni/Motlop in for Martin/Harry.......Dow or Kennedy as the sub. Personally, I'd opt for Dow just because of a bit of extra leg speed later in the game. Only other possibility might be an extra smaller defender given Melbourne won't be playing too tall unless they bring Brown or Schache in.....likely it'll be McDonald and Joel Smith up forward.

Reply #104
Glad to see some of us tickets. I got in a10:15 not bad i thought, yeah right. No cat 1,2,3, tickets available and i was only after two. Tried best available Q14 row z. Ouch but i am going.
Go Blue Baggers.