Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 0R 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Brisbane v Carlton (Read 3447 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 0R 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Brisbane v Carlton

Reply #60
Cripps was shifting down last time, Kennedy gives him a chop out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #61
Like who?
Owies and Williams, haven't stepped on a field in 2024 yet, Fantasia hobbled through pre-season.

How can they be walk up starts if our list is fit?

We looked slow against the Lions last game, maybe we've gone for pace ahead of form.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
Cripps was shifting down last time, Kennedy gives him a chop out.
Some fans have short memories.

Kennedy was flying before his injury last season, and he did the work to get back for finals but was clearly underdone and it showed, coming into finals cold from eight weeks off was a bridge too far, he was OK in the SF but had no legs left by the PF.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
Like who?

X2

We’ve got five players from our prelim team missing with injury, four of whom would be in most people’s best 22.

There’s no real surprise inclusions or omissions in the 26 players named in the team and emergencies.

Then there’s the AFL’s new rule about accurate injury reporting. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
Cincotta is stiff, did nothing wrong last year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #65
I think you'll find Kennedy will be the 3rd tall target, tagging at time with Cripps.

That was me who made that suggestion, but i don't expect the MC to follow through on it.

I've got plenty of good ideas they ignore. ;)

Reply #66
That was me who made that suggestion, but i don't expect the MC to follow through on it.

I've got plenty of good ideas they ignore. ;)

I think Cripps and Kennedy will rotate forward.
TDK will drift back
Harry to take F50 rucks
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #67
My thoughts:
B: B.Kemp 17 L.Young 33 A.Saad 42
HB: Z.Williams 6 M.McGovern 11 N.Newman 24
C: B.Acres 13 P.Cripps 9 M.Kennedy 7
HF: G.Hewett 29 C.Curnow 30 M.Owies 44
F: O.Fantasia 14 H.McKay 10 D.Cuningham 28
Foll: T.De Koning 12 A.Cerra 5 S.Docherty 15
I/C: J.Boyd 37 O.Hollands 4 M.Cottrell 46 J.Carroll 16 L.Fogarty 8

Emerg: J.Binns 25 A.Cincotta 39 M.Pittonet 27

[1] I'm worried about the ruck, but Pitto needs more game time before he is ready. McInerney is the one I worry about.
[2] Owies and Fantasia are probably lucky, but with the injuries we've had, we had to take a punt on at least one of them.
[3] 2nd ruck is an issue. Yes, H has been doing more work there, but I'm yet to be convinced.
[4] Cincotta is a little stiff, but he needs a matchup. With Williams in, that became more problematical.
[5] Jack Carroll: I'm hoping he steps up. I've been disappointed so far, especially with his kicking under pressure. He drops the ball very high.
[6] Tall defenders: I hope Young can step up. McGovern and Kemp can do jobs, but if Young fails, we're in trouble.

B: B.Starcevich 37 J.Payne 40 R.Lester 35
HB: K.Coleman 18 H.Andrews 31 D.Gardiner 27
C: J.Fletcher 28 Z.Bailey 33 J.Berry 7
HF: C.Cameron 23 E.Hipwood 30 H.McCluggage 6
F: C.Rayner 16 J.Daniher 3 D.Zorko 15
Foll: O.McInerney 46 J.Dunkley 5 L.Neale 9
I/C: K.Lohmann 1 C.Ah Chee 4 L.McCarthy 11 J.Lyons 17 D.Wilmot 44

Emerg: J.Tunstill 29 D.Fort 32 N.Answerth 43

[1] McInerney is the one I fear. If we can control him, then we're going in the right direction. If McInerney gets injured, they're in deep trouble with only Daniher as a backup.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #68
My thoughts:
B: B.Kemp 17 L.Young 33 A.Saad 42
HB: Z.Williams 6 M.McGovern 11 N.Newman 24
C: B.Acres 13 P.Cripps 9 M.Kennedy 7
HF: G.Hewett 29 C.Curnow 30 M.Owies 44
F: O.Fantasia 14 H.McKay 10 D.Cuningham 28
Foll: T.De Koning 12 A.Cerra 5 S.Docherty 15
I/C: J.Boyd 37 O.Hollands 4 M.Cottrell 46 J.Carroll 16 L.Fogarty 8

Emerg: J.Binns 25 A.Cincotta 39 M.Pittonet 27

[1] I'm worried about the ruck, but Pitto needs more game time before he is ready. McInerney is the one I worry about.
[2] Owies and Fantasia are probably lucky, but with the injuries we've had, we had to take a punt on at least one of them.
[3] 2nd ruck is an issue. Yes, H has been doing more work there, but I'm yet to be convinced.
[4] Cincotta is a little stiff, but he needs a matchup. With Williams in, that became more problematical.
[5] Jack Carroll: I'm hoping he steps up. I've been disappointed so far, especially with his kicking under pressure. He drops the ball very high.
[6] Tall defenders: I hope Young can step up. McGovern and Kemp can do jobs, but if Young fails, we're in trouble.

B: B.Starcevich 37 J.Payne 40 R.Lester 35
HB: K.Coleman 18 H.Andrews 31 D.Gardiner 27
C: J.Fletcher 28 Z.Bailey 33 J.Berry 7
HF: C.Cameron 23 E.Hipwood 30 H.McCluggage 6
F: C.Rayner 16 J.Daniher 3 D.Zorko 15
Foll: O.McInerney 46 J.Dunkley 5 L.Neale 9
I/C: K.Lohmann 1 C.Ah Chee 4 L.McCarthy 11 J.Lyons 17 D.Wilmot 44

Emerg: J.Tunstill 29 D.Fort 32 N.Answerth 43

[1] McInerney is the one I fear. If we can control him, then we're going in the right direction. If McInerney gets injured, they're in deep trouble with only Daniher as a backup.
To me Its about damage minimisation for the first round or two.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
To me Its about damage minimisation for the first round or two.
Agree....we look small and light vs Brisbane and miracles can happen but on the teams named we could get smacked badly imho.
I fancy us more vs Richmond who have a few injury concerns to key players...

Reply #70
Jack Carroll wasn't on my Bingo Card.

Reply #71
Clearly our conditioning isnt where we want it to be.

This is a tactical experiment round for us.  We face the Tigers in a week in what is effectively a must win game.  If we lose to Brisbane, at the Gabba, it wont be a big deal, and its the perfect opportunity to get the miles in the legs.  Round 1 is where our season truly starts.  Most sides will lose to Brisbane at the Gabba this year.  If we win tonight it would be great, but not if we cant back up next week.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72
Jack Carroll wasn't on my Bingo Card.

Jack Carroll has been developing quietly past three years and deserves a good early run at it with Walsh out; his contract is up this year and makes sense to give him a chance to shine.

Reply #73
I just want to see a dramatic lift in intensity and effort from our practice games.
That will tell a bit of a story as to how this early part of the season will go, even with the injury concerns.

Reply #74
I don't believe clubs do this anymore BUT Binns has been named as an emergency and could come in for Owies ???? I dont think Owies is right. Would allows us to play Kenndy forward and Binns on a wing??