Skip to main content
Topic: Legends Football League (Read 14218 times) previous topic - next topic

Legends Football League

I find myself at home tonight and checked the TV guide showing the Legnds Football League is on at 10.30 tonight on 73. This is Australia's version of the Lingerie Football League from the US.  Don't underestimate the talent required to play this game. Might be worth a look. http://www.lflus.com/

Re: Legends Football League

Reply #1
Farking nanny state how its called this. Its Sheila's prancing around in their undies. Lingerie football league. Farking get around it!!!!

Reply #2
To be fair I think I'll have to watch a few hours... or maybe weeks... perhaps months, before I can make an informed decision as to whether I like watching women run around in their underwear. And the entire time I will be cursing how politically incorrect and sexist this sport is.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
To be fair I think I'll have to watch a few hours... or maybe weeks... perhaps months, before I can make an informed decision as to whether I like watching women run around in their underwear.

A bit confused are we, Baggers?  ;D ;D

Reply #4
I have a friend who's playing for Victoria but I think it's an absolute joke. People are trying to validate it by saying it's a legitimate chance for women to gain recognition in sport. The fact that the first article I read following last nights match didn't advise the scores, who played well or anything to do with the match itself proves that it's just another way that women in sport can be mocked, sexualised and exploited. Oh but the article did say that a group of bikies went to watch. Journalism at its finest.

Reply #5
I have a friend who's playing for Victoria but I think it's an absolute joke. People are trying to validate it by saying it's a legitimate chance for women to gain recognition in sport. The fact that the first article I read following last nights match didn't advise the scores, who played well or anything to do with the match itself proves that it's just another way that women in sport can be mocked, sexualised and exploited. Oh but the article did say that a group of bikies went to watch. Journalism at its finest.

I wouldn't mock or seek to exploit women... men and women are both sexualised in the media and sport (and movies etc) - seems to be hardwired into our genetics... and it's something I have no problem with as long as we know that that is exactly what is going on and the participants agree and accept it. If we removed the 'sexual' from all our entertainment things might become very dull! Though I do understand your point that sexualising can become exploitative. Fine line.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
The game did resemble a game of gridiron of sorts. There were some very highly skilled, strong women playing. The running backs absolutely dominated the play but there was quite a gap in skills from the lesser players. Both defensive lines were pretty weak.  The uniforms are pretty skimpy, but they are much better than what our female basketballers wear these days.

Reply #7

I wouldn't mock or seek to exploit women... men and women are both sexualised in the media and sport (and movies etc) - seems to be hardwired into our genetics... and it's something I have no problem with as long as we know that that is exactly what is going on and the participants agree and accept it. If we removed the 'sexual' from all our entertainment things might become very dull! Though I do understand your point that sexualising can become exploitative. Fine line.

Men are not sexualised nearly as much as women. When an AFL game is played, how many references are made to the players uniforms and physique? As I said, first post game article I read about this joke of a sport didn't once mention the score or the players who played well etc, it was all about what they were wearing and who was in the crowd.

Same goes for the annual top women in sports lists. Could you ever imagine a horse topping the mens list? But it's perfectle acceptable for a horse to be 'the top female athlete' for a year. Women are largely seen as a joke in sport. How many guys went and watched Anna Kournikova play at the Aus Open? I bet no one was watching for the quality of the tennis. I can't think of any male sportsmen who get that same level of attention based on their looks.

Like Jofo just said, there were some highly skilled women playing LFL, but has any of that been reported?

It really irks me this sort of thing. As a woman who's played sport from the age of 8, it's so frustrating to know that unless I was good at a small number of sports where women are recognised for their talent (swimming, athletics or netball), then it doesn't matter how good I am, it would never be as notable as anything a man can do.

Reply #8
Don't like it or don't agree with it, don't watch it. Just don't lead some moral crusade of the minority and fark it up for the majority, like everything in this over sensitive nanny state.

Reply #9
In reality, the women that hate it are normally the ones not getting any attention. Just an observation.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
And I'm sure the ones competing love the attention otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

I'm going to watch it because I like seeing sheilas with barely anything on. No hiding that here.

Reply #11
And I'm sure the ones competing love the attention otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

I'm going to watch it because I like seeing sheilas with barely anything on. No hiding that here.

I can't be bothered watching it but I too like seeing scantily clad women!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12

I can't be bothered watching it but I too like seeing scantily clad women!!

I figure that also if I'm going to continue to struggle from footy withdrawal, I might as well remedy it with sheilas playing gridiron in lingerie.  ;D

Reply #13
Never said I had a problem with scantily clad women, and I certainly have no issue attracting attention myself. But don't masquerade this BS as 'sport'.

Would rather go to the strippers where at least they earn decent money for being perved on.

Reply #14
I'll see your strippers and raise you super happy fun ending massage parlour.  ;D