Skip to main content
Topic: Foxtel Problem  (Read 24169 times) previous topic - next topic

Foxtel Problem

Only known for a few minutes and I'm going insane. Fair certain the Foxtel unit has blown up and it doesn't work any more. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Saw a spark come from the powerboard before, thought nothing of it. Went to chuck the idiot box on before and low and behold, the Foxtel box has no power. Unplugged it and plugged it back in, turned the powerpoint off and back on again, and no luck. Perhaps it shorted or something.

What's it cost to get a bloke out to fix it? Do they do it for free? Or maybe I just send him out with a sixer of VB on his way out and we call it even?  ;D 

Please help Gozza.  :(

Re: Foxtel Problem

Reply #1
I reckon you phone Foxtel and tell them to GTF down here and fix this $hit bitches. After all you are paying for the service. The box is their property and they are obliged to maintain your connection.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Gozza, have you checked that the power board is ok? That could have blown possibly, it has happened to me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Gozza, have you checked that the power board is ok? That could have blown possibly, it has happened to me.

Everything else on the powerboard works fine.   :'(

Reply #4
Just a thought! To be sure could be worth trying the fox box in another power outlet that you know is ok b4 you call in foxtel?
Good luck with it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Yep did all that last night. Will probably need a new box. That means I lose all the stuff i recorded.  :'(

Reply #7
Yep did all that last night. Will probably need a new box. That means I lose all the stuff i recorded.  :'(

Get the Cable Guy! They should simply replace the box at no charge to you. And you may not have lost what you recorded as I think your recorded programs are held on their stuff, not your box. :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
My son rang Foxtel the other day and told them he wanted to cancel due to not having much time to watch it plus the footy season is over. Next words that came of Foxtel's mouth was "would you like it for half price?"
Try that one on them Gozza ;)

Reply #9
 ;D

Ringed them up before and they're sending a bloke out tomorrow. Might try the half price trick later.  ;D 

And thank you everyone for the comforting words during such a time of crisis.

Reply #10
Foxtel. .  Should be called RIPOFFTEL

Reply #12

The problem (for us, the consumer) is that when you're the only show in town you can basically do what you like.
The problem (for them) is that any monopoly based on technology is built on sand.
They're only a "new method of entertainment delivery" invention away from irrelevance.

Ten years from now they wont be in the dominant position.
They'll either have competition for their product or will have to make huge changes to that product.
Whichever it is we'll be better off.

Reply #13
I only have it for the footy. The rest is either crap or easier to download off the net with no adds. Like Lods says they will become irrelevant when there is competition. Most likely internet TV.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14

The problem (for us, the consumer) is that when your the only show in town you can basically do what you like.
The problem (for them) is that any monopoly based on technology is built on sand.
They're only a "new method of entertainment delivery" invention away from irrelevance.

Ten years from now they wont be in the dominant position.
They'll either have competition for their product or will have to make huge changes to that product.
Whichever it is we'll be better off.

Exactly. It's why Rupert is so against the NBN. It will kill Foxtel.