Skip to main content
Topic: Foxtel Problem  (Read 24119 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foxtel Problem

Reply #15
I've recently p1ssed off Foxtel, especially with footy being over for now.

I was paying $100+ per month and it was very hard to find anything we both wanted to watch apart from the footy - just not worth the money. Final straw was when I had to watch the GF on Ch7 anyway. I'll live without it and can get better movie options elsewhere anyway.

I got the impression from speaking to the Customer Service Officer that a lot of people are giving it up.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
What's this newfangled Foxtel television Gozza?

I ask because my Astor television receiver suddenly stopped working.  It used to get all the channels - 2, 7, 9 and 0 - but the picture on 0 was always a little fuzzy.  I think the problem has something to do with digitalization or analogarithms.

Someone suggested that I try setting the receiver on top of a box but that didn't work  :-\

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #17
What's this newfangled Foxtel television Gozza?

I ask because my Astor television receiver suddenly stopped working.  It used to get all the channels - 2, 7, 9 and 0 - but the picture on 0 was always a little fuzzy.  I think the problem has something to do with digitalization or analogarithms.

Someone suggested that I try setting the receiver on top of a box but that didn't work  :-\

Maybe it needs a new valve or try just kicking it?
 ;D

Reply #18
I've recently p1ssed off Foxtel, especially with footy being over for now.

I was paying $100+ per month and it was very hard to find anything we both wanted to watch apart from the footy - just not worth the money. Final straw was when I had to watch the GF on Ch7 anyway. I'll live without it and can get better movie options elsewhere anyway.

I got the impression from speaking to the Customer Service Officer that a lot of people are giving it up.

Cookie

I take out a yearly subscription through AFL app, total cost being about $90 per year, I also purchased an apple tv unit for about $100. as a result I get to watch any and all AFL match's whenever i like including all live matches through fox footy. I stream the official live telecasts straight through to my LCD TV when at home or watch them live whenever I'm away either on IPAD or iPhone. Total cost this year was under $200. Next year total cost will be around $90
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #19
@DU

Sounds good DU. I will look into that approach for sure. My wife has a WiFi Ipad (I'm a PC guy myself) so I will try iy out omn that first. You say that the Apple TV will stream matches directly from the net also?

Reply #20
@DU

Sounds good DU. I will look into that approach for sure. My wife has a WiFi Ipad (I'm a PC guy myself) so I will try iy out omn that first. You say that the Apple TV will stream matches directly from the net also?

Yes Cookie

the apple TV acts like your pay tv receiver box. It connects to your Television and your wifi signal (if you have a standard wireless router) transfers streams through the apple tv. I purchase a yearly subscription of the AFL app for under $90. Alternatively you can purchase months at around $15 per month. The end result is that i get to watch all live fox footy telecasts as well as access to every match replay 365 days per year. Great thing about it is I also get to stream other programs straight from net through to my Television, including documentaries from youtube etc. I received the Apple tv box as a gift but they retail for around $100. You might need to ensure you have adequate data allowance, however if your with telstra the AFL streaming is unmetered and doesn't effect your data allowance
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #21
;D

Ringed them up before and they're sending a bloke out tomorrow. Might try the half price trick later.  ;D 

And thank you everyone for the comforting words during such a time of crisis.

If it is the box that has blown up they should replace it for free.

Also tell them that you were without foxtel for a few days...a week and they will credit your account too.

I had a box crap itself on me. Lost all my saved stuff. Replaced it for free, with a box with a bigger hard drive, and credited me a weeks worth for the down time.
:D

Reply #22
@DU

So I could load the AFL App directly on to the Atv or would I still need to use it on the Ipad to control everything?

Reply #23
@DU

So I could load the AFL App directly on to the Atv or would I still need to use it on the Ipad to control everything?

You could load directly without iPhone or iPad if you wish as it has remote control which enables you to control directly or you can control via iPhone or iPad using them as remote controllers. However for the afl telecasts the  afl app might require access through either an iPhone or an iPad as I don't think it's possible to load the app via Apple TV interface. If you already have an iPhone or iPad then you'd be ready to go.

― Mark Twain

Reply #24
@DU

You could load directly without iPhone or iPad if you wish as it has remote control which enables you to control directly or you can control via iPhone or iPad using them as remote controllers. However for the afl telecasts the  afl app might require access through either an iPhone or an iPad as I don't think it's possible to load the app via Apple TV interface. If you already have an iPhone or iPad then you'd be ready to go.

Ripper! I'll start by getting the app onto my wife's Ipad.
Many thanks DU.  :)

Reply #25
@DU

Ripper! I'll start by getting the app onto my wife's Ipad.
Many thanks DU.  :)

My pleasure Cookie. Don't forget to connect your iPhone or iPad to your ISP wireless router so as to preserve your data allowance and or avoid data Costs associated with your phone or iPad provider. Feel free to message me if you run into any setup obstacles and need assistance.

― Mark Twain

Reply #26
i loved foxtel, recently moved and cancelled the bundle as it was too hard (and its not footy season)
I only watched history, Nat Geo, discovery etc . cant do commercial TV anymore, but in saying that, so much Nazi stuff on history, I was beginning to speak german, and started memorizing the names of the 3rd Reich!

Reply #27
i loved foxtel, recently moved and cancelled the bundle as it was too hard (and its not footy season)
I only watched history, Nat Geo, discovery etc . cant do commercial TV anymore, but in saying that, so much Nazi stuff on history, I was beginning to speak german, and started memorizing the names of the 3rd Reich!

Yep! We took to calling it "The Hitler Channel".

Reply #28

Yep, there are some hidden gems of programs on Foxtel but you are so right... this fixation with Hitler and war is incredibly - just means there must be a huge market for folks wanting to watch this horrible stuff.

COAST is our favourite show at present... learning heaps about our coastline and cultural and historical things I didn't know! The Great Barrier Reef episode was a real eye opening.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
Does anyone watch Aircrash Investigation? Easily my fav show on Foxtel in the off season.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!