Skip to main content
Topic: Derryn Hinch going in prison (Read 14999 times) previous topic - next topic

Derryn Hinch going in prison

:(

Has chosen not to pay his 100,000 dollars fine for revealing details about Jill Meagher's killer on his blog and so he will spend the next 50 days in the slammer. 

Opinions.

Re: Derryn Hinch going in prison

Reply #1
I thought the judge rules that he couldn't do jail time and had to pay the fine... ???
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
I thought the judge rules that he couldn't do jail time and had to pay the fine... ???

Today was the deadline of the fine being paid from what I know, so not paying means jail time as far as I can see.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Jailtime suits his agenda. Paying the fine doesn't.

I respect (and agree with) what he is doing (in terms of exposing vermin) but I so wish it wasn't always enmeshed with his grandiose ego and self-righteous martyrdom.

Sometimes you cannot help but wonder which is bigger... the issue, or Derryn.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
I have no problem with what Hinch did. Our legal system in this country is farked to the point where the pieces of sh1t are protected and the victims and the innocent can go to buggery...hence why the arse hat who murdered Jill was able to do what he did when he should have been removed from society the first time around or a long time ago given the animal's long history of sexual and violent offences. He's got his whack now and the rest of his life behind bars will be no fun....but it took 20 years and a very high profile case. The worst part about it all is there are many more like him roaming the streets. And the irony in all of it is, we live in a nanny state yet the penalties and consequences for such crimes and many other scum acts like it are as weak as piss.

Reply #5
The law is the law - if we don't like it then we should demand change - all for that.

Hinch has taken it upon himself to make the determination himself though as to whether the law is to be followed or not. If he wants to do that then he can live with the consequences i.e. porridge in this case.

It's a Hinch (I'll name names) publicity stunt anyway - yawwwn.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Why should Hinch find himself 100k lighter because of the sake of a fair trial for some turd who should have been locked away good and properly years ago? The law is the law but reality is reality.

Reply #7
the beard is the same, not the girth or hair
wonder if the judge looked anything like pilot ?

Reply #8
Gozz, I've have zero sympathy for Hinch who is a self-serving ego maniac IMHO and I just don't ponder your question of him being $100K lighter - let him pay or do the time AFAIC.

Reply #9
Well people have to make a stand for issues they feel passionate about. If it was someone else would you be as critical?

Reply #10
Each case on it own merits I guess Gozza. He chose to flout the law for his own self serving  purpose, therefore I have no sympathy for him.

Reply #11
For not protecting some revolting repeat violent sex offender?

Reply #12
Former magistrate Simon Cooper did not serve any jail time despite being found guilty of sex crimes against children yet Hinch  gets a 100k fine or 50 days in the can for breaching a suppression order. I'm not claiming that Derryn didn't break the law of the land as it stands but FFS who would you really want in jail.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #13
Former magistrate Simon Cooper did not serve any jail time despite being found guilty of sex crimes against children yet Hinch  gets a 100k fine or 50 days in the can for breaching a suppression order. I'm not claiming that Derryn didn't break the law of the land as it stands but FFS who would you really want in jail.

See one of my posts above. The legal system is that far up its own arse. Wastes of space who should have been swallowed by their mothers tend not to get the book thrown at them while others, victims, innocents and the rest of society can go fark themselves. Our system in a nutshell.

Reply #14

Repeat offender Hinch does not have to go to jail if he pays the fine - much more publicity to be gained by going to jail though. All those juicy shots of him on the evening news, in tears, saying farewell to his family before being led off to the slammer! If some people are prepared to buy that so be it but I'm not.