Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs Hawthorn in Launceston (Read 26398 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs Hawthorn in Launceston

Reply #135
Lebois is still not selected in the twos

Not sure how he got another contract, he never plays and when he does its a minimal contribution,  he wouldnt have had too many
games where he has had more than 10 possies in a game.

Reply #136
Not sure how he got another contract, he never plays and when he does its a minimal contribution,  he wouldnt have had too many
games where he has had more than 10 possies in a game.

Agreed. I met him once. If he weighs 60kg I'd be surprised. Just a tiny unit - not just in height but he's built like a kid.

Reply #137
Weather looking all good for the talls!

Sunday 28 April
Summary Min 9   Max 19

Cloudy.Chance of any rain: 10% 

Launceston area

Cloudy. Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending westerly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #138
Shizen, 20 to 30 kph cross wind is not ideal for marking or hitting leading targets! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
Shizen, 20 to 30 kph cross wind is not ideal for marking or hitting leading targets! :o

Yep, i was about to say the same thing.

This is a day for hard nuts who win their own ball, as with that wind, the ball will be on the ground a lot.

Reply #142
Kenndy rather than Cuningham?????

Kade Simpson  Levi Casboult  David Cuningham  Jack Silvagni  Jarrod Garlett  Matthew Kennedy  Charlie Curnow  Cameron Polson  (Four to be omitted)

One of Charlie/Casboult to be omitted.

Simpson stays.

2 left.

SOS over the others.

1 left....
Conditions wouldn't suit Garlett.

So its either Cuningham, Polson or Kennedy for the last spot.

I'd be happy with any of those 3 TBH.
First 2 have more speed than Kennedy and won't excited jump out of the way, but he has a bigger body.

Depends on the game....
Loose ball in open space vs contested ball in rugby maul.

Reply #143
One of Charlie/Casboult to be omitted.

Simpson stays.

2 left.

SOS over the others.

1 left....
Conditions wouldn't suit Garlett.

So its either Cuningham, Polson or Kennedy for the last spot.

I'd be happy with any of those 3 TBH.
First 2 have more speed than Kennedy and won't excited jump out of the way, but he has a bigger body.

Depends on the game....
Loose ball in open space vs contested ball in rugby maul.

Not sure Garlett deserves a run based on form but he knows the wind well enough - he's from South Fremantle!

Levi is the obvious back up ruckman - and Special K needs a back up presently.

I note the Hawks have named Ceglar.....

As others have said, just play Charlie upfield - he'll outrun anyone big enough to match up size wise....surely if he plays Sicily is the only one who could run with him? Not Stratton's strength?

That leaves them the quandry as to who takes the Guv and big H.....

I'd play Kennedy - give Cuners a run in the 2s.

And I don't think Charlie's form demands an instant recall but you'd think they'll play him....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #144
Not sure Garlett deserves a run based on form but he knows the wind well enough - he's from South Fremantle!

Sounds like a backup for an injury, maybe Walsh is due for a week off, he's taken some heavy punishment in recent weeks!

Having said that, Plowman and O'Brien had a shocking game.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #145
Sounds like a backup for an injury, maybe Walsh is due for a week off, he's taken some heavy punishment in recent weeks!

Simpson being named on the bench would be my guess

Reply #146

Bit harsh. Plowman did his job and was solid IMO. He's very good at helping the other defenders with smart running and positioning, it's very noticeable at the ground, but you wouldn't see it on tv. O'Brien shared the duties of managing Hunter (with Murphy), and did his job. He needs to influence games more, but he's very young so just needs some time, he'll be OK

Reply #147

A swing and a miss....

AFLCA VOTES

WESTERN BULLDOGS VS CARLTON

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
10 Harrison McKay (CARL)
7 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
7 Sam Petrevski-Seton (CARL)
4 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Lachie Plowman (CARL)
1 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)

Reply #148
A swing and a miss....

My apologies to Plow, I might well have Plowman and Marchbank confused, one of them made some shocking decisions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #149
I'm thinking they'll give Charlie one more week to be fully fit and maybe bring in Kennedy with either Polson or O'Brien going out.

On the Garlett point, said it all along, he's not a defender at AFL level.

EB, what are your thoughts on a player, if any, that we might take in the mid-season draft....we have one pick available from memory? You wouldn't pick someone for the sake of picking someone but if it addressed a specific need. There's a young bloke playing for Perth in the WAFL (same team that Sydney Stack has come from) called Michael Bennell. Slightly older but has produced some electrifying stuff. Not a high possession player but regularly kicks 2-4 goals. He's actually not a small forward as he's nearly 6'2" but is absolutely deadly around the goals and has real speed.