Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 36044 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #15
The number one problem is our woeful list, we've got about half a dozen tops who would even make Richmond's list let alone get a game for them.
Cripps and Charlie would get a game at any side, then you struggle.

On paper, Richmond's list also looks average. Wonder what Hardwick, Caracella and Balme could with our boys.

Reply #16
Wonder what Hardwick, Caracella and Balme could with our boys.

Dimma's skill was recognising the coaches were the real problem, he's sacked most of the influences who refused to let go, and stepped back to let the talent take control!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
On paper, Richmond's list also looks average. Wonder what Hardwick, Caracella and Balme could with our boys.

No one could make AFL players out of some of ours.
I'm not exonerating the coaches but when you cast a critical eye over our playing list you realise just how thin it is.
Realistically Docherty, Byrne and Dow were the only players missing today who could be a part of a good side in three or four years from now, Plowman maybe, so even if we hit pay dirt in the next few drafts we'll still be down on talent.
I think that Kennedy was another bad call by us as well.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
No one could make AFL players out of some of ours.
I'm not exonerating the coaches but when you cast a critical eye over our playing list you realise just how thin it is.
Realistically Docherty, Byrne and Dow were the only players missing today who could be a part of a good side in three or four years from now, Plowman maybe, so even if we hit pay dirt in the next few drafts we'll still be down on talent.
I think that Kennedy was another bad call by us as well.

Actually, if our draftees from the last 3 years wore red and white I bet they'd all be firing, contributing heavily to a good side, not going backwards. We need to look at what is going on inside our club. Our draftees have shown talent individually. Why isn't it being developed. Rhys Palmer might've been onto something with that tweet. You'd think he'd have an idea.

Kennedy I've liked the last few weeks. Can't help injuries and fitness. It's done the job of helping out Cripps alot and letting him float forward rather than getting clobbered all day.

Reply #19
Rhys Palmer might've been onto something with that tweet. You'd think he'd have an idea.

As fans we often quickly assume he talking about players, coaches or football department, but maybe not!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
As fans we often quickly assume he talking about players, coaches or football department, but maybe not!

Probably the club as a whole not one particular group.

Reply #21
Probably the club as a whole not one particular group.

Fans too, are we to blame?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Only when we let it continue and say nothing....

Then perhaps start by changing your avatar, big questions have to asked!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Actually, if our draftees from the last 3 years wore red and white I bet they'd all be firing, contributing heavily to a good side, not going backwards. We need to look at what is going on inside our club. Our draftees have shown talent individually. Why isn't it being developed. Rhys Palmer might've been onto something with that tweet. You'd think he'd have an idea.

Kennedy I've liked the last few weeks. Can't help injuries and fitness. It's done the job of helping out Cripps alot and letting him float forward rather than getting clobbered all day.

Kennedy looks like a workhorse to me, a bit of a plodder with no real class but he has a dip and keeps at it.
Those types you want to pick up in the third round or as rookies like Ed Curnow, you don't want to be trading good draft picks for them.
Why we were interested in Lang I have no idea.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #25
I don't think it'll be the players that need cutting though.

There are some teflon types around our club that seem to survive year after year while not making the grade, not just the players by the way!
Who do you refer to?

Reply #26
Apparently Tom Elliot is gathering numbers as we speak..........
God help us ::)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
That one has been around for quite a while H.
After every bad loss Cookie.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Kennedy looks like a workhorse to me, a bit of a plodder with no real class but he has a dip and keeps at it.
Those types you want to pick up in the third round or as rookies like Ed Curnow, you don't want to be trading good draft picks for them.
Why we were interested in Lang I have no idea.

Agree on Kennedy, blue collar worker but you have to be careful who you play him on and if to make him a offensive or defensive player....
Also agree on the 3rd/4th rounder or VFL rookie type value.......
Lang was pushed out of Geelong by their midfield riches/salary cap but was never really trialled as a mid much.......you look at Tim Kelly who they brought from the WAFL and you think
wow how good was that drafting but would he be any better than Lang in our team?..probably not.
We recruit supporting actors and then try and turn them into lead actors...doesnt work.

Reply #29
Apparently Tom Elliot is gathering numbers as we speak..........

Didnt know Tom could play, coach and list manage?

Although Richmond did improve when they had that ill fated challenge.....