Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 1568 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
Team: A
5. Casboult
4. Murphy
3. Kreuzer
2. Walsh
1. McGovern

Reply #2
B

8 Casboult
2 Murphy
2 Thomas
2 Kreuzer
1 McGovern
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
Team: B+

5 - Murphy
4 - Casboult
3 - Kreuzer
2 - McGovern
1 - Thomas
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Team B+ good team performance despite being significantly undermanned

4 Levi
2 Murphy
2 Daisy
2 Kruez
1 Samo
1 Walsh
1 McG
1 Newman
1 Plowman

HM LOB, Dow, Crippa
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #5
Team = B

4 Casboult
2 Murphy
2 Thomas
2 Kruezer
1 SPS
1 Walsh
1 McGovern
1 Cripps
1 Simpson

Reply #6
Team. B

3. Newman
3. Casboult
3. Murphy
3. Kreuser
2. Curnow
1. Thomas

SM. O'Brien, Dow. . . best games for the season.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #7
Team A
5 Casboult
4 Murphy
3 Kreuzer
2 Newman
1 SPS

Reply #8
Team = B

3 Kruezer
2 Casboult
2 Murphy
1 Newman
1 Thomas
1 Walsh
1 McGovern
1 Cripps
1 Simpson
1 Silvagni
1 Curnow

Reply #9
Team B-
Levi 5
Curnow 4
Newman 3
Murphy 2
Kruezer 1

Reply #10
Team B-

3 - Murphy

2 - Casboult

2 - Kreuzer

1 - Cripps

1 - Dow

1 - LOB

1 - McGovern

1 - Newman

1 - SPS

1 - Simpson

1 - Walsh

HM: Thomas, Curnow.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Team C

5 Murphy
4 Kreuzer
3 Casboult
2 Newman
1 Walsh

Apologies, harsh judgement for Cripps, Daisy and Ed.

Murphy played 4-Qtrs, and by the end of the game Casboult and Kreuzer were stars, my clear best top three.

Newman could have polled more, always seems to have just one or two brain fades, and he must be a bit mouthy because umpires hate him! I'll wear the brains fades if he maintains this level of football, it's hard to understand why this guy couldn't get some love up in Sindney.

Walsh might be a bit of surprise to some, but he did a lot of the unrewarded tough 1% stuff at the weekend. First time I've seen him play that type of sacrificial game. Makes you wonder if cutting Daisy, the prime example setter, is a smart move!

Would love to but I couldn't give Simmo votes, for all that good he did helping to secure the game, it was his basic blunders that nearly cost us the same before he had opportunity to fix things, that opportunity doesn't always come!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Team B+

5- Daisy
4- Murphy
3- Newman
2- Casboult
1- Kreuz

Reply #13
Team:   B+
It could have been so much better, but it was good to be challenged and to come back from that.

Votes:
It is always hard to be fair to everyone, but this week it is worse than most: lots of cameos and smaller contributions, but few 4 quarter winners.
[3]   Levi Casboult
[2]   Marc Murphy
[2]   Matthew Kreuzer
[2]   Ed Curnow
[1]   Harry McKay
[1]   Kade Simpson
[1]   Patrick Cripps
[1]   Mitch McGovern
[0.5]   Dale Thomas
[0.5]   Jack Silvagni
[0.5]   Lochie O’Brien
[0.5]   Michael Gibbons

Explanations:
[3]   Levi Casboult:   Levi dominated against the ‘Aints best forward, not only keeping him almost kickless, but taking a huge number of intercept marks. He even rucked reasonably well.
[2]   Marc Murphy:   Very solid again in the middle. Loved his boomerang goal.
[2]   Matthew Kreuzer:   It was a tight affair for much of the day, but the Big Tractor rose in the last quarter and produced a quarter to remember. Brilliant!
[2]   Ed Curnow:   Another strong game from Ed in the midfield.
[1]   Harry McKay:   H could have been BOG if he could kick straight. He dominated his position and the ‘Aints couldn’t control him. However, his kicking was terrible for the most part. And then he turned it around with a 50+ m goal from a snap. Much better when he doesn’t stew over it!
[1]   Kade Simpson:   Another strong game from Simmo.
[1]   Patrick Cripps:   Considering how crook Cripps really was, it was a miracle that he could get out on the field at all. That he still managed 22 disposals showed what a heart he has.
[0.5]   Mitch McGovern:   Probably his best game at our club so far, with 3 good goals and a tremendous mark. Looking forward to seeing more.
[0.5]   Nick Newman:   Nick was again particularly good, keeping his opponents in starvation corner while getting a lot of the ball himself.
[0.5]   Dale Thomas:   Destroyed his opponent and got good possessions.
[0.5]   Jack Silvagni:   Like H, Jack’s game was a case of what could have been. He managed a classy goal and did a solid job in defence when Levi was in the ruck, but it could have been much better.
[0.5]   Lochie O’Brien:   A really good game from Lochie.
[0.5]   Michael Gibbons:   Gibbo had 13 possessions to half time but was crunched and struggled thereafter.

Honourable Mentions:
Sam Walsh:   One of his least effective games, but he was still more than solid.
Sam Petrevski-Seton:   Brilliant in patches and held his opponents out of the game. Going very well as a small defender.
Darcy Lang:   One of the best 8 possession games I’ve seen, Lang was solid as a defensive forward and really wanted his opponent. 3 tackles in about 30 seconds was typical.
Lachie Plowman:   Did a good job of keeping Membury under control.

I am sorry to have given so few votes to Daisy Thomas. He did the sort of job we really needed in his last home game. I won't be seeing him this week, but I would like to think him for his efforts over the last few years. For someone who did so little for so much money for so long, he is still worthy of a game in 2020. It is a pity that some people don't see it that way, as he has become an excellent role model on the field in the last couple of years. Thank you, Daisy.
Live Long and Prosper!