Political Compass

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.36
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Political Compass

Reply #1
These tests require too much honesty and self-awareness to be useful. It’s not hard to see which answers might move the needle where you want it to go.

Reply #2
I'm basically Gandhi. Same spot....south of mbb

Reply #3
These tests require too much honesty and self-awareness to be useful. It’s not hard to see which answers might move the needle where you want it to go.

No point doing the test if you're going to lie.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4
Yes, I've seen these before, and they are usually constructed with a bias be it conscious or subconscious. The team that creates/authors the survey cannot divorce themselves from themselves, there past frames the result. Even the modelling, related to Ghandi, Hitler, Churchhill, etc., etc., is of course an extrapolation built on personal opinion.

There is debate in philosophical circles that an AI, perhaps the first ever functional Quantum Computer, could be put to the task of preparing such a questionnaire in a form that removes any predisposed bias. But then would anybody be brave enough to answer it honestly?

Some will argue the questionnaire isn't biased, but when you are delivered multiple choice answers none of which fit your answer to the question, or if the question just seems to be wrongly phrased or phrased in a specific perspective that perhaps doesn't fit your own perception of reality, it has to be.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5

Reply #6
I aimed for max. Right-wing & Authoritarian. I ended up with +8/10 Rightwing and +9/10 Authoritarian. Isn’t this the issue Trump supporters raise regarding the reliability of polling? If you want to hide your political identity, it’s pretty easy to achieve.

Reply #7
Im slightly more central about 3 boxes to the left of absolute centre and slightly lower.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
I'm basically Gandhi. Same spot....south of mbb
Me too, I'll see you at the Support Group......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #9
Left: Myself, Kruddler, Thry, Tonyo
Right: Mav

Note: LP of course thinks the test is a conspiracy
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Im 2.5 boxes down, 2 boxes left of the centre
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Note: LP of course thinks the test is a conspiracy
Firstly, don't be a Trump, he is the ar5ehole of humanity, whether you are left, right or no wing, Trump is going to be universally a Clark Kent to you!

Any conspiracy lives in your accusation, a conspiracy is by definition deliberate, and my opening statement clearly suggests otherwise.

Yes, I've seen these before, and they are usually constructed with a bias be it conscious or subconscious.
Mav's criticism of the poll is valid, no matter where on it the respondent is categorised.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Left: Myself, Kruddler, Thry, Tonyo
Right: Mav

Apart from me and Mav, who were clearly having a lend, the others all ended up roughly where I thought they would, based on reading their posts for many years. Your position, however, did surprise me. What you've written about politics over the years seems, at least to me, very pro liberal, anti labor, pro Trump etc.

Reply #13
Apart from me and Mav, who were clearly having a lend, the others all ended up roughly where I thought they would, based on reading their posts for many years. Your position, however, did surprise me. What you've written about politics over the years seems, at least to me, very pro liberal, anti labor, pro Trump etc.
I'm shocked! :o

I treat them with so little regard, not specific to this case, I've seen variations of this conducted by notable academics that deliver the same result even if you take it twice with polar opposite answers. There was even one designed deliberately to do that, so that it would farm the feedback from those polled as part of some sort of study about the psychological effects of being wrongly categorised or wrongly represented.

I put this type of poll in the same category as AI face recognition, that as it was originally designed by white males at Google as 95% accurate for white male faces and turned out to be 80% wrong for dark skinned African males.

Who is politicalcompass.org, and which think tank does it come from, who is it funded by? This is probably the first and most important question to answer before taking the poll, regardless of whether you think a bias is deliberate or accidental!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
I didn’t notice the digital readout until I saw your post Paul. Mine are:
Economic Left/Right: 7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 9.08