Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 45026 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #75
He's miles off it at the moment, it' shows how bad our list really is.

Actually, don't mind the actual drafting the last 3 years as we picked some talent. i want to know why the likes of Weitering, SPS and even SOS, have gone a mile backwards after showing they can play, especially the first two. We know they can play. That's a coaching issue. No good having talent if it can't be developed.

Reply #76
If we finish with one win i'm guessing it'd be the worst season in our long, proud history.

That would be correct

we won 2 games in 1897 and 1901
we won 3 games in 1898, 2002, 2006

Reply #77
Actually, don't mind the actual drafting the last 3 years as we picked some talent. i want to know why the likes of Weitering, SPS and even SOS, have gone a mile backwards after showing they can play, especially the first two. We know they can play. That's a coaching issue. No good having talent if it can't be developed.

Talent maybe but I cant cop the lack of fight and pride...we cant seem to draft players who want to bleed for the jumper...

Reply #78

Losing becomes contagious and form suffers.
I wish I had the answers but I'm at a loss, we've got an average list so I wasn't expecting miracles but we seem to lack purpose, which is hard to explain and I suspect even harder to address.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #79
Talent maybe but I cant cop the lack of fight and pride...we cant seem to draft players who want to bleed for the jumper...

Comes back to club culture and the inability of the coach to get through to the players. I'm thinking if Sydney had drafted them all they'd be flying, full of pride playing for the jumper.

Reply #80
Look at the AFL websites own headlines, "Does Attrocious equal Lukosius?"

That's the AFL publishing that headline!

Here's a headline for ya':

Super Hipworth goes Ballistic Carlton get Lukosius
Nah, can't lie. This is a poor imitation of the best sporting headline EVER that appeared in The Sun in February 2000 after second-tier Scottish club Inverness Caledonian Thistle upset hosts Celtic in the Third Round of the Scottish Cup:

Super Caley go Ballistic Celtic are Atrocious

(And apparently this was pre-dated by almost 3 decades when the Liverpool Echo reported a 1970s Ian Callaghan masterclass against Queens Park Rangers thus: SUPER CALLY GOES BALLISTIC, QPR ATROCIOUS)
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #81
Comes back to club culture and the inability of the coach to get through to the players. I'm thinking if Sydney had drafted them all they'd be flying, full of pride playing for the jumper.

We have too many choir boys or players who dont care.....

Reply #82
To be fair to Marchbank, he had a heart issue with an irregular heartbeat. That's a bit more than just breaking down.

Awful and worrying, but bottom line is, again, he has an issue with his body and can't play.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #83

Sharp. On the money. Or put another way, what would Longmire (or equivalent) be getting out of this group?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #84
good night guys

best of luck. i'm done

Reply #85
Anyone wanting to see the coach's post match presser the current link on the clubs site is wrong, of course.

This one works, http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/16/bl-v-carl

BB was blaming the defence, but the defence don't make extra numbers at both ends of the ground.

Fans should go back and watch the replay to find out just how much bullsh1t that really is. You'll see repeat after repeat, over and over again, of 4 or 5 Lions players up against or 2 and 3 Blues players at both ends of the ground!

There are moments in the game when Charlie loses a contest against 2 or 3 deep in our F50, the Lions take the ball coast to coast in a chain in just seconds, and you see Jones or Weitering isolated against 3 or 4 Lions in or around our D50! It happened on multiple occasions, two of them even made the AFL's highlights!

If BB believes what he is saying then he is probably not the man for the job. If it's spin he should be better than that, it's not like he's keeping a top secret from the opposition!

Watch the highlights of some of the Lions coast to coast goals, look in the background behind the ball carrier and count the number of Carlton players trailing behind. Even when Rowe, Weitering or Jones manage to make a spoil or hold up the Lions there is no Carlton player in sight to help! Over and over again!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
We have too many choir boys or players who dont care.....

It's not possible we can recruit player after player after player who has a poor attitude with little care for the club, so we have to look at why this happens within the club. Barring a patch with Ratten this has happened since 2002.

Reply #87
It's not possible we can recruit player after player after player who has a poor attitude with little care for the club, so we have to look at why this happens within the club. Barring a patch with Ratten this has happened since 2002.

What was Palmer's culture tweet all about?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
Its time to go Rowe, Wright, Graeme, , Lamb they are just not good enough and no matter how long we wait they never will be, and holding on by the skin of there foreskin is Jones, Thomas  Phillips. Some of the basic mistakes the so called senior players make are embarrassing. how can anyone rubbish the kids when the senior players are making as many or more mistakes. Our older players should be leading the kids in every game this year that we have been embarrassed in it is the senior players that have gone missing the kids might stuff up but they keep trying. Rowe and Graeme should never wear the blue again they have served the club to the best of there ability but there ability is just not up to the standard required for AFL level.Put better players around the kids and don't expect them to do it all and they will be better.
Like it or not at least its  my opinion

Reply #89
Don't agree about Rowe, we are now doing to him what we did to Weitering, and Rowe's suffering the same fate!

I thought Thomas was one of our better players today.

It was interesting earlier in the week, I heard a coach from one of the top or improving clubs, I cannot recall which one. A spud journo asked him if a certain player would go to another and the coach said something like, "We don't put players on other players, our players play in their positions!"

But we send the kids all over the shop because it's good for their development!
The Force Awakens!